The Closer

Starts with the squad finding a dad girl lying on a bed. Sh'e been smothered and shot. She was an actress named Judy. The squad is going over the crime scene.~

Her co-worker friend Stuart said she didn't have time to date, s he hooked her up with an internet service called L.A. Guys & Dolls. whle watching a video cam they see an strange guy outside, can't see his face~

Pope calls Brenda in his office and she tells hem she's "not interested in being chief of police" By then Capt Raydor and them hook up. Mary McDonnell, [and btw she has a nasal twang, & talks through her nose] and to me is annoying I don't care for her attitude towards Brenda. She nit-picks and makes derogatory remarks about her clothing, purse, etc.~

Meanwhile this strange guy meets up with another gal at a coffee shop. The squad fund out who he was and are tailing him. She's cautious and we find out he's engaged and has 11 women in the past two week's. They think he's the guy that killed Judy, so they follow him burst in on him and his finace. He's shocked and so is she. They take him to the station, and they've got a video which the fiance sees.!

So cutting to the chase, we find it was the apt. mgr. Gifford who had cut a hole in her closet and was watching her. [so creepy], and keyed the other guys car.. but tells Brenda he was "looking out for her". She heard him that night and when confronted her freaked and killed her~

Back at the station Raydor corners Brenda and asks her why she doesn't want this position, plus tells her about all the perks. Brenda says' so I'm supposed to take a job I don't want" Raydor bascially says "Yes". And tells her how proud she'd be of her" Brenda loves compliments, so we see her going to the interview. She looked all professional with a red & white suit and her hair pulled back and a smaller, more classy purse.The end~

Will Brenda take the top position as Chief of Police, making Pope very upset, or wll she turn it down? Tune in tonight to see

So on the finale.. to begin with [and this was an off-the-wall episode] The writers on this show are awesome and keep it suspensful:eek:

A guey wandering aimlessly in the street. the paramedics were called, find him put him on a stretcher and in their ambulance, he becomes confrontational and shoots them:wtf: I was horrified~name Kevin Mason! it was all an act, but why?

The squad discovers he's tied to a bombing from 3 yrs. ago and thought he was going to bomb the IRS~

Pope arranges for Brenda to work withe one of the top chiefs Thomas Delk. And Brenda tells him a theory that the FBI hadn't thought of. He wasn't trying to bomb the IRS, but a fire station where he had been rejected job wise back then~

Now we see him and he's working at a retirement with the old and disabled.

Brenda finds his former psychiatrist from his past and he said "he's got a narcissist personailty and cares about no one but himself and says "if you think he's going to do something big, it's probably bigger"

Then an old infirmed man who's bugging him he suffocates him:(

THey figure out he's going to bomb a funeral for the two he shot earlier. [he's a real freak], so Pope cancels it~He had earlier made a CD about his future plans and they also figured out he's in a wheelchair for a disguise. Then Brenda and the squad are in an underground garage, and there he is. This was riveting and very exciting, and horryfying at the same time. Brenda told him she'd "seen the CD and agreed with everything on it" she's so good at cat and mouse games. She hadn't seen it at all. so bottom line [this went on a long time] she shoots him. then they find the oxygen tak full of Serin, and disable it~

So the end Brenda wasn't chosen for the Chief Of Police, but her counter partner Chief Thomas Delk, who'd she'd been workng with. She was relieved and happy, and watched him give his acceptance speech. Good compelling finale. This will return in December:thumbsup:

BRENDA'S BACK:bolian:

Brenda's back..along with her mom, dad and some surprise guests-for a tense holiday run..Tonight a detective is ambushed in a case that involves a money-packed bag

TV Guide..issue Dec. 6-12~

This was so riveting the beginning with Det. Flynn at his AA meeting, with a guy who lingered, but was not interested in joining.. a red flag. So he goes to his car and is ambushed, fights off his attacker. We dont know what happend or why:confused: It was a low-life scum bag who he had prosecuted years earlier, and was out for revenge. he'd hired an hit man to kill him. The guy at the AA meeting was a ruse. Det Raydor was back and acting all nice, for a change. Brenda and Fritz and him saying "give me just 5 minutes more", in their bedroom.. she goes "later". The banter between the low-life who had hired the hit guy was fantastic. This is where she rocks. So they got him and the where Fritz goes on her possible promotion as Chief, was so cute. He goes "what do you want"? she goes [as she shuts the door] "I know what I want, just 5 minutes":p

I was very sad to read this:

-TNT’s The Closer to Conclude:
TNT will conclude its most-watched drama to-date, The Closer, following the conclusion of season seven in 2011. The decision was made by series star (and Emmy winner) Kyra Sedgwick. Production of the final 15-episode season will begin this spring.

“I cannot fathom how difficult it will be to say goodbye to the incredible family we’ve created on The Closer,” Sedgwick said. “I will always be grateful to James Duff for his love and friendship, as well as for creating such a rich and complex character who I have loved living with year after year. Mike, Greer, Rick and all of our outstanding cast and crew are forever in my heart. I want to thank TNT and Warner Bros. Television, as well as the incredible fans of The Closer, for all of their unwavering support over the last seven years.”

A very classy lady! I will certainly miss the show.

Last edited:
That's a whole year away.. so till then we can still enjoy this awesome show~

The team probes thefts at a medical marijuana dispensary

TV Guide, issue Dec. 13-19~

This was once again so good~ Premise..3 armed men with Motorcycle Helmets, but no motorcycles, robbing marijuana despensaries. First one 15 lbs. of pot missing with a street value of $20,000.

Pope all angry and nervous about his job. He outright asks Brenda if they've offered her his job. She goes "Why would you even ask that" he says "Because Chief Delk likes you"

He tells Brenda to focus on this thef of the marijuana Another robberty but this time a dead body, the owner.. unny scene when Procenza calls all pot smokers "hippies" and the weed "Mary Jane" Delk goes "how old are you" so with that Delk tells Provenza that he has to go to a meeting describing the positive benefits of Marijuana. He goes "Your kidding":lol: Provenza says " I promise that eveyone of these people have a tie-dyed shirt in their closet":lol:

Brenda interogates one of the employees, who's high as a kite and laughing and snacking, and rambling. He says he saw a old bright orange clunker-car. This is where Brenda/Kyra is so stellar, her experssions perfect. I think she's one of my favorite actresses:bolian: He actually let the robbers in my error not knowing anything.~

Fritz and Brenda at home with him pouring champagne for her..and says he's flying in a botanist from D.C. to help with the case. Then he tells her that he heard she was up for Popes job "from a reliable source" Then they get into one of their many spats. and she brings up his ex.. He dosn't want her to be in on the next survelliance of a pot-shop, cause he's scared she'll get hurt. But knowing her she does it anyway. They set up the team to dress like hippies and are acting like the shops clerks. Hilarious:lol:UP drives the old orange car... The guys enter and our guys hit the floor. They rob the place and are apprehended upon leaving. The team finds out the guns were "fake", so who shot the dead guy?

Delk and Pope discuss the case and Pople sucks face~

Brenda tries to questions suspects but they lawyer up. This is where Brenda rocks, ansd is so good at this. She gets the 3rd guy in the room and tells him his buddies are spilling their guts, [which they arent'] then he lawyers up too. Meanwhile his firends heard him and start fighting saying "NO NO NO" that's not what happened:eek:

Fritz and Brenda again and Fritz says "Pope still has feelings for you", she goes "That's ridiculous, he does not" and then she says to Fritz "Stop telling me what I want, I'm perfectly happy where I'm at"~

So Brenda stakes out the shop and finds the innocent clerk was the perp., and stashed the good stuff called "chaise lounge" up in the ceiling, where the boss found him doing it and he shot him and blamed it on the 3 other guys.~

Last scene Brenda goes to see Pope and bluntly tells him that Chief Delk is looking to replace him. He thank's her for the honesty. She goes 'Aren't you going to fight" he goes At this point it's jump or be pushed" she tells him "she needs him" and to fight. He goes "OK, till the bitter end" She goes "we'll see won't we" so he does like her and her him but on different levels.. so good..:bolian:

Okay, so after watching Monday's episode I have to ask -- is J.K. Simmons leaving the show? I always thought if changes were made -- Pope would be Chief and Brenda would then get Pope's job. But with Delk making Chief and now Brenda being offered Pope's job -- I'm wondering if that's not a way to write J.K. out of the series. Unless something happens that enables him to stay -- and as sneaky as Brenda can be -- I can see her coming up with plan to help him stay on in the LAPD -- maybe not as Assistant Chief but to stay with LAPD. I'm very curious about how things are going to play out.

Christmas Gets Closer. The Yuletide episodes of The Closer are true standouts every season, and this one's got it all:holiday hilarity, family dysfunction and of course, murder. This 2-parter opens with a death on Christmas Eve in a case that threatens to dash everybody's holiday plans. "Brenda [Kyra Sedgwick] and Raydor [Mary McDonnell] alwasy fight to gain control of the cases, but they're fighting to give this one away", says exec. producer James Duff. Things get even screwier after Brenda's parents [Frances Sterhagen & Barry Corbin] show up. "They start decorating Brenda's home with their own Christmas stuff, including some of Brenda's old home made ornaments for her childhood", says Duff. Then they drop a bomb "THEY'RE MOVING TO LOS ANGELES!" It's the perfect caper to an intense run of episodes that included the stabbing of Lt. Flynn [Tony Denison] and Brenda's battle with husband Fritz [Jon Tenny] over his past addictions. But, things are about to turn dark again. What begins as a "typcal" murder investigation ends as a war-cimes case in a story line that carries into next week's episode, says Duff. "Brenda and her team realize they've gotten in the middle of a blood feud within a refugee family from Kosovo, and it's a much bigger story than anyone suspected: So much for a Happy New Year"

David Hochman.. TV Guide writer.. Issue Dec. 20-Jan.2~

PART ONE

Father from Kosovo attacks son who he claims not to have seen in 9 years at the Mall.. as the old man runs away he's run over by of all things a police squad car.. son is devastated~

Det. Raydor and Brenda [actually play nice] and we see the whole squad wrapping Xmas presents for poor children. Brenda's folks show up they hug and go wait for her at home. They find the mans sister with her throat slit~

The whole squad has Xmas plans, so she promises they'll all be where they want to go by Xmas. They find the son of the dead woman Scander. Marco comes down and tells this horrible story of him and his sisters in Albania and how the Serbs raped his sisters, and the boy was probably half Serb. The wife gets angry and stomps out shouting "No matter how hard I try, this will never be over"~

Brenda's mom cooks a delicous southern dinner enough for an army and then they drop a bombshell.. THEIR MOVING TO L.A.:eek: She's pretty freaked out by this announcement.. They brought some of Brenda's old childhood Xmas decorations.. including A lights off and on Frosty the Snowman:lol:

Thye let the kid use a computer, and he e-mails his aunt and lies through his nose about everything, says Pople tied him up and beat him, blah, blah, blah. he's a suspicious kid for 11~

Then they find the aunt dead also from a slit throat..who's doing this?:confused:

To be continued~

PART 2~

The squad finds a 3rd victim, why and who? the kid Scander is or seems to be an habitual liar:(

Brenda's mom call her at her job and tells her to come home, their RV was broke into and whoever stole all their Xmas presents plus their microwave.. She asks them [her mom and dad to give her a list of such gifts, and her dad think's she's just trying to find out what she got [their so quirky and eccentric]:lol: So the mom says she'll tell her what the gift wrap was like. Fritz goes "I think that's a goner by now"~

The kid claims that his uncle is dead so we find out he isn't who he says he is..Fritz looks in his data base and finds not war criminals going by that name Armand. they drag him in and [before that tell the wife] he's not who he pretends to be, Armand. Fritz and Brenda interogate him together. He's a guy named Zoran.. [complicated, you'd have to have watched it] and come to finds out the girl's and the dad found him out and he killed them. Det. Raydor [Mary McDonnell has a nasal twang] is in it, although not as snarky to Brenda as usual. Everyone is miffed off that they can't go fulfill their Xmas plans.

They find blood in his car, and arrest him, the wife says she's going to take Scander [his real son] and their children and he'll never see them again.. He turned out to be a Serb [not Albanian] and a real snake:klingon:

Fritz took the parents presents so they'd go back to Atlanta. Brenda's dad goes "The Hollywood life stle is not for them, and they are going back to Atlanta" Brenda feigns shock, Fritz too, but they're glad:lol:

Then the whole gang is having Brenda's mom's dinner at the station, Provenza bitching as usual. and they are all so different and extreme, but funny. The last comment was Det. Raydor said "she made the marshmellow topping" Brenda goes "It's a little burnt":lol: the all do say to the camera HAPPY HOLIDAYS:bolian:

The team scrambles to locate a missing young woman

TV Guide.. issue Jan.3-9~

SEASON FINALE one more season after this.~

Opening, two cops on horses spot a guy sitting on a step in the seedy part of town smoking crack. They go over to check it out and arrest him~He's got blood all over his shirt~The squad looks up his history [Trey] and he's got no criminal record..but he'd thrown away a set of keys that belonged to a Mercedes~

Brenda interogates him. He;d been in rehab, but hated it, so he split. Brenda cons him and says his fingerprints are on the keys [they're not]:lol:

Also there's a missing girl Kim, they pikc up another low-life, who's all messed up on drugs, he robbed Trey. Then Trey runs amok and smashed a chair through the window, the whole squad is hestitant to do anything, I've never seen any one them so angry. Brenda holds her cool.~

Provenza calls, they found the car with a dead girl in the trunk, she'd been stabbed 18 times. But is wasn't Kim after all, so where is she. They talk to her dad who knows squat. ~

Fritz shows up and Brenda goes "Now the FBI is involved in this"? Fritz goes "Could be" Gabriel says "he's known junkies all his life, and they all lie, so don't believe Trey"

Fritz gets Brenda aside and tell her "I'm an addict and your not so you don't get this". Tells her a drunken part of his past she goes "but your a good person" He goes "that's how dangerous I was a good person and a monster, I'm both"~

She goes back to interogate Trey and he asks her if "she's talked to his parents" she says "Yes' [she hasn't] She's so fantastic:bolian: and tells him the car is still missing, whidh it isn't. He breaks down cries and tells her where Kim is. She's tied up in an old wherehouse. He said he did kill the other girl cause he was so high he didn't klnow what he was doing. He goes "I'm not a bad person" Brenda goes "I don't think your a bad person, I think your a monster":klingon:They arrest him and he is screaming "It's not my fault"~so Gabriel was correct, all this time he was lying:(

Brenda confronts David and goes "you went over my head" he goes "Yes I did but I'm always on your side, you know that don't you"? Brenda goes "I know that"~

Fritz and Brenda alone for a heart to heart, dscussing everything and he goes "What would you like me to tell you"? Brenda says "Everything I don't want to hear" and they hold hands and smile.. the end~

Kyra and Kevin will attend the SAG AWARDS on Sunday Jan.30, She's up for another award. so if you want to see her this would be the night:bolian:

Back