"The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: "The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILE

Before someone jumps in and says something they may regret, in this episode Grissom makes the comment to sara about getting married (it was part of the promo at the end of last weeks ep).

One thing I do agree about it that this shouldn't go too far off what pertains to the ep, which we understand is hard to do since we haven't seen it, but there is more to this ep (As seen in the descript of this ep Post one) then just GSR, remember try and balance it out. Anything other what pertains to this ep should go to the SC forum. ;)

2. yamanbaia

yamanbaia Dead on Arrival

Does anyone else hates watching the same actors kidnapping on one show, murdering on another and geting shot on a third? It's not like there's a dearth of actors
    I agree, this was a wierd move by CBS, but then again we GSR fans need at least a week to prepare for this. Think of all the heart attack and sudden strokes this sneak peak prevents.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm a bit surptised at the promo as well, beings it's not mentioned in the description of the "CARP" [a large fresh water fish] hard not to discuss, this when that's all they showed. but am looking foward to this ep, so far this season CSI has come in #1 for 3 week's straight, so somebody out there likes it, oh yeah, over 20 million fans ;) I won't chat about the GSR scenes, but am anticipating to see what's up and what will happen with them, and of course the whole episode, sounds fascinating as always!

4. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Not so many of the grownups, though.
    Grey's Anatomy beat CSI by 28% in the Adults 18-49 category. This gap keeps growing. GA also topped in Adults 18-34 and Adults 25-54. These are the numbers that make advertisers happy. TPTB at CSI must be grinding their teeth. :(
    [These breakdowns are from the postings at The Futon Critic]
    LaSquisita

5. Desertwind

How on earth would any site Futon or any other rating industry know the 'age category' of who watches CSI? they've never asked my household how old we are :confused: and with the contacts I have, the ones who watch this,[CSI] are from 25-70, and most of the 'kids' in the age category mentioned watch 'The Office" or 'My Name Is Earl' or other shows! as for me I don't care if someone if 5 or 105, it's still the top rated show, regardless! and I think TPTB don't care either ;)

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Oh ok. So there is going to be something, but just not in this episode...I missed the part about Adam Knovack. thanks!

7. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

The Futon Critics source for these is Nielsen Media Research (Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings), 10/11/07. Nielsen is the Voice of God in broadcasting.
    These are the numbers that attract the advertisers and set the rates. TPTB care more about that than anything else in the world. The total number of viewers does not count as much.
    LaSquisita

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Why should we be worring about the numbers that each show is bringing in? And how do we know or care what TPTB cares about?

I'd rather it be about the show, especially the fact that the next ep is going to be an interesting one. Cross dressers, bones showing up in the rubble of the old hotel, and Grissom uttering the words about marriage. That's the edge of the seat action that the viewers need.

9. Desertwind

This is true, but it was brought up! and on the Neilsen Ratings, I've been posting the top rated shows from them im the TV/Media thread for the past two years, know them well ;) I just was curious as to on TPTB, and why they care, top shows are top shows!! and the old *cite your source* comes to mind but on this ep. I'm also wondering where this was shot, if a lake is involved, I know it wasn't Lake Mead, because they weren't here for that, I like to know where the locations of the shows are filmed, so that'll be interesting for me!

10. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Hey Wojo, can you let us know what Greg's role is in this episode?

11. LovingGrissom

LovingGrissom Victim

First I have to say I really, really don't like the way CBS have been promoting this episode. It has nothing to do with not liking/loving GSR because I do, I love GSR but this is way too damm much, it is over the top when there was no need for it especially since it seems like they got a great case for this episode.

GSR should not have been in the promo AT ALL, I understand why they were in the promo in La Carte because the writers wanted fans to know that they were going to deal with GSR being out in the open but they were not needed in this promo.

The promo should have dealt with the cases that is it, noting else.

Base on the little spoilers that we got, I can't wait to see why Catherine feels the need to go to the media about this case, maybe it is this case that makes her look outside the lab for a job, maybe she will get tired of dealing with red tapes in order to get justice for the victims and she will decides that she'll see what the other side of the fence has to offer.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I like Catherine's mother, she reminds me of my mother. I know how Catherine feels at times.

GA is a hot soap opera right now. Hard to beat that. Everything has its life cycle.

13. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

I am really looking forward to the case in this one. I am definately liking the cases so far this season, here is to hoping that they keep this up.

14. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

so you wouldn't watch it on the back of one 30 second promo?
    I don't get people :)

Anyway, your loss surely, cos there is a pretty good chance that like the season so far, this episode will have some interesting cases.

Not sure what the point is of trying to antagonise others, as you are doing in your post either.

The episode hasnt even show yet.

I gotta say, the makers of CSI have been very clever so far this season, and during the summer with their promos and leaks, as some of the reactions here show :D

15. Charity

Charity Police Officer

I don't see the point of making a decision to watch or not based on a 30 second promo either. Of course there will be a case it's CSI. You can't please everyone, but it seems to me that they are trying their best. There has been a little bit of everything lately.