"The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2007.

1. goukanomegami

goukanomegami Victim

Re: "The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILE

I think that people need to stop whining so much about the GSR nonsense. Yes I am a Sara fan, and yeah I am rooting for her to be happy with Gil, but it isn't everything. The GSR scenes are short and simple. They are in no way the focus of the episode, and it should stay that way. A couple of minutes of romance between characters isn't the end of the world. It isn't like GSR detracted from cases, or took up the majority of the episode. I can see people complaining if say, when time comes for the wedding, the case for the episode is a blow off, and most of the episode focuses on wedding. But little bits here and there shouldn't be so worthy of complaint. At least, in my opinion.

I will also add that having the GSR moment as the only preview gave the idea that the episode might center around GSR. It didn't. It was like, 2 minutes max. Probably not the smartest idea to have the preview that way. Oh well. ^_^

2. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

Please help, i watched 99% of the episode, but my dvr ended with grissom saying to cat..."you can't give information about our case to the media"
    What happened after that. please help . please.

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i think GSR fans should stop telling others what to post. Posts like yours just make me hate the storyline even more...and it makes me WANT to complain about it more in my posts.

4. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Okay, I think everyone is getting a little too worked up again.

Yes, people are allowed to voice their opinions here, yes, there will always be arguements over personal storylines versus crime storylines, and yes, someone is always going to be upset, but no hateful words should be said about another person's post.

This is coming equally from people on the GSR side and the Anti-GSR side. We, as fans, have no control over what is going to happen in the show, so we need to learn to live with each other in relative peace and harmony.

When writing a post in reply to someone, think of what you are writing. Read it over and think, "If someone wrote this to me, would I get upset, would my feelings get hurt?" If you get any remote feeling of yes, you need to tone down your post a little.

We are all well-versed, mature people here, but we just need to remember to keep things in perspective.

And that is all from Dr. Phil today :lol:

5. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

I understand what you say, but in my case, i just made my point here, i liked the episode, but didnt like those two short minutes, couse i never liked the gsr, and im pretty sure i never will, but im not whining or writting nasty thoughts about it, just saying that the episode had great parts, and you have those other parts that you dislike, well, the grissom and sara scene didnt like me.

I really dont want this to be missundertood, or bashing shippers, couse im really done with that, just expressing that i dont agree with some of the episode parts, period.

6. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

My internet is really bad and not letting me read the previous pages on this thread, but I just had to say I loved the proposal scene. I'm not a GSR fan or anything, but I love it how Grissom has kind of reverted to how he was in series one with his silliness and one liners whilst at the same time still being the responsible team leader.

Also, PCYDEN?? Was that a desperate attempt at a play on Poseidon, god of the sea?? ;)

7. goukanomegami

goukanomegami Victim

Whoa. I think people somehow misinterpreted my post. I meant it more as a mediator. Like, a couple minutes is no big deal, and more GSR isn't necessary. Maybe whining wasn't the best word to use, and I never meant that people shouldn't post their opinions. I think that people saying that GSR ruins the show is taking it a little far, not that anyone on this board has specifically said that, but I have friends who have said that. Two minutes out of 40 something can't be the end of the world, right? I guess to some people it is. I don't particularly understand it. But, I guess, the point of my original post was to say its no big deal either way, GSR or no GSR.

8. Brandi

Brandi Civilian

I just loved cath's "do i know how to turn you on or what?"

did any one else notice how gil looked like he had been caught when she walked up to his door. I wonder what he was doing?

9. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

First of all, I have to commend Alyssa on writing such an articulate, intelligent and insightful post about this episode. Amazingly well done and spot on in every way. Thank you!!!

I enjoyed the whole episode. Loved the interaction between Gil and Hodges which had me snickering through the entire exchange.

It was great to see the old Greg back as well. I've missed the exuberance that he used to have as a Lab Rat, but this episode brought that side of Greg out in spades.

I was also happy to see Cath hand off the case to Swing shift, so I guess she's finally learning from her past mistakes and growing as a character as well. Brava!!! I also liked the interchange between Cath and Gil. It's nice to see them talking again.

Lastly, the proposal scene was perfectly geeky and Grissomesque. Even the thwarted kiss was in keeping with Gil and Sara who typically get so focused on one thing, that they forget everything else. This time it just happened to be each other that held their focus. ;)

All in all, an incredibly enjoyable episode, with a great mix of everything that makes CSI great TV.

BRANDI: In answer to your question about what Gil was doing when Catherine walked in on him...he was daydreaming...head propped up on his hand, staring into space. I think he was reliving Sara's reply to his proposal. It was very funny to see him so out of it. :lol:

10. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I loved this episode. The scene where Grissom proposed was so cute. I loved it.