The “Get rid of Boa Vista!!!” Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CAINEonFIRE, Jan 31, 2006.

1. ImissSpeed

ImissSpeed Coroner

I don't like the Snake Lady... and I've only seen her on screen for 5 minutes.. and that was her first five minutes.. in eppy 4.1

2. AlexxWoods

AlexxWoods CSI Level Three

in the other episodes she gets much more
    loveable...
    trust me...
    sure we don't really need her character
    but she's a nice and charming needless
    character...

3. ImissSpeed

ImissSpeed Coroner

I don't think she's nice and charming.. but that's just me..:D

4. AlexxWoods

right...on opinion...
    but what do you hate so much about her?
    her cute smile?
    her nice always being happy?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm ready to get rid of Boa Vista. Pointless character, no chemistry with any of the other actors on the show and Donahue and Co. can't manage to write for the characters who have been there since day 1 there is no need to add another character, especially one who doesn't fit in the with fabric of the CSI field team. Her presence has done nothing but distract from the original premise of the show and take story away from characters who need it.

6. scoj

scoj CSI Level One

i want her out too. i dont have anything against the actress, its the just the character. its the same with horatio for me, david is a fantastic actor but i dont like how hes written sometimes. i think they should write her out as soon as possible. theres no point in her being there.

7. AlexxWoods

but what about the cold cases?
    who's supposed to handle them?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

This show has never done cold cases, Donahue pulled it out of thin air this season as some lame attempt to insert the character into the show and every time they've tried to make her relevent to a story or case it falls flat and comes off as very contrived. They can barely handle the fresh murder cases that come in now no need to distract from the original premise of the show which is about the science of solving crime in Miami through the eyes of the chosen CSI team(Horatio, Delko, Calleigh, Alexx and now Wolfe). If I wanted to watch cold cases I'd watch Bruckheimer's Cold Cases on Sunday nights which does it much better than whenever this show attempts to bring them up.

9. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I don't see what so unlikeable about here.
    Sure, I know people feel that Delko shouln't be with her bla bla bla...They look very good together though.
    Anyhow, like alexxwoods said. She is always happy, she seems serious about her job and has no irritating habits.

The cold cases are not needed on the show, but it would be great if they'd just made her a CSI. She might fit in the team better.

10. AlexxWoods

thanks fabian
    I already began to feel a little
    lost in here....
    what's so wrong about a nice sweet character?
    yeah in if she wouldn't flir with anyone
    if she would be like the greatest nun ever
    would you like her then...?
    why can't eric have a life?
    be happy for him

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Eric can have a life offscreen with little snippets every three or four episodes, I hate it when the show devotes copious airtime to Horatio's love life, I hate it with Delko too. Plus AR has no chemistry with ELR so it's painful to watch. Boa Vista is pointless, if she left tomorrow the show would be the same, actually better. She adds nothing to the show and doesn't serve some missing purpose in the lab IMO. Plus she's not charming, sweet or quirky so she's not memorable in that respect either.

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

AlexxWoods, youa ked why not cold cases?

Crime Scene Investigation, this what series are about, right?
    So, first...you have a crime. You have a crime scene. You have a fresh crime there. Then you'll have another crime scene.
    And then all to that they start to dig cold cases?
    Like I said, I think there's enough fresh bodies for the show to handle.
    I don't have anything against ELR. Yup, personality can be nice but WHAT*S HER POINT TO THE SHOW?
    So they could introduce H's "new" background better.

Why couldn't they have another female CSI? Why couldn't Snake Lady be CSI? Why she had to be in cold cases?
    Or another detective? Now we have only Frank (even I love him)

Snake Lady: *someone left this to me*
    H: Gee! It's about my old past in NYC!

13. Jiffyjazzy

Jiffyjazzy Captain

Re: The ?Get rid of Boa Vista!!!? Thread

I am so onboard with this thread!

14. Saranna

Saranna Corpse

I watched my first episode with natalia in last night, the one with the rapist that she proves isnt the rapist and does all the press confricences and all that, sorry i don't know the name. But from one episode i didn't like her one bit! And what has she done to Delko???? Ewwww

15. scoj

scoj CSI Level One

i say get rid of her, i cant see her staying for much longer anyway when the response has been so bad....although this is miami so the writers may decide to keep her. you know what donahues like, lol