Tennis

kimi said:
As for the men, Nalbandian won today and his semi-final against "Mr Switzerland" will be tough I think .

Our cheering worked like a charm, Kimi. Our David won so scream your head off when he plays our big friend in the semi. It's going to be on tough match. I hope he pulls it off but I'm not that confident to be honest.

I'm actually supporting Clijsters in the upcoming match. Sorry, guys! I love Kim, the only player on the women's side that I watch. She's the sweetiest thing and I really don't like Justine that much. She always seems so...well, arrogant. A friend of mine has been trying to get her autograph for years and she's always refused. Or maybe my friend is just obnoxious, that's a posibility too :lol:

Go Rafa!!!!

Joy22 said:

Our cheering worked like a charm, Kimi. Our David won so scream your head off when he plays our big friend in the semi. It's going to be on tough match. I hope he pulls it off but I'm not that confident to be honest.

Well yeah it has worked pretty well. But I think it won't be sufficient for his semi, so "desperate times, desperate measures"...I will pray, maybe burn a candle but I'm sure I'm gonna take up voodoo. No I'm kidding, maybe not ? :lol:

kimi said:
Well yeah it has worked pretty well. But I think it won't be sufficient for his semi, so "desperate times, desperate measures"...I will pray, maybe burn a candle but I'm sure I'm gonna take up voodoo. No I'm kidding, maybe not ? :lol:

LOL :lol: Yeah, we need some desperate measurres now. I don't think praying will help in my case, I'm not much of a religious person and God may have trouble with me coming to him now. But you pray and pray! Then I'll take up the black voodoo, ok? :lol:

In other news, Rafa won and he got lucky for a change. Djokovic gave up which means he can rest now after playing just two sets. That's good.

I was surprised that Djokovic retired,he was playing good and didn't look injured,but yep,I agree,now Nadal can rest for Friday's match.

Ljubicic defeated Benneteau.

Joy22 said:

LOL :lol: Yeah, we need some desperate measurres now. I don't think praying will help in my case, I'm not much of a religious person and God may have trouble with me coming to him now. But you pray and pray! Then I'll take up the black voodoo, ok? :lol:

In other news, Rafa won and he got lucky for a change. Djokovic gave up which means he can rest now after playing just two sets. That's good.

Well Joy you're assigned to the 'voodoo thing' if you want. But technically speaking, aren't we supposed to get hair of the concerned person ? I mean if yes, we're not out of the woods yet! It's mission impossible. Imagine, you need to go to Paris, find his hotel and manage to pull out a hair without getting caught!
Quite too dangerous but nevertheless funny and weirdo idea :lol:.

Let's go back to tennis...uh wasn't it? ;)
Rafa won after Djokovic retired but I guess everybody here already know it...next round Ljubicic.

kimi said:
Imagine, you need to go to Paris, find his hotel and manage to pull out a hair without getting caught!
Quite too dangerous but nevertheless funny and weirdo idea :lol:.

I can see myself now: "Yo, Feds, I'm such a fan, can I please have a hair from you? Just to keep around forever? Please, I really love you." :lol: :lol:
Maybe we should just let those guys play and hope that Nalby wins :D

The top four in the semis, that is exceptional :D Looking forward to Friday though. Tomorrow is the battle of the Belgians, which means that I'll be chearing on Kim while you chear on Justine. May the best one win.

On french tv each evening there's a show which deals with the events of the tournament. And for the 'nutty' reports, the players go along with the game and take part in fancy sketches.
I was killing myself laughing: Kim Clijsters was singing Tom Jones karaoke version :lol: Tremendous!!! Rafa also made a brief appearance ... it was priceless :lol:

Yep tomorrow Kim vs Justine...maybe I support Justine cos she's French-speaking and you Kim cos she's Dutch speaking. Why not! Why is this match the semi-final ? Bad draws :(. It should have been the final!

GO BELGIUM all the way! :D

Oh,I want to see that sketches !!!
Here,they air the important matches and a daily summary,the Spanish tv got Alex Corretja as a commentor and he's a really funny guy.
On yesterday's summary I saw that Navratilova did it to the semifinals on mixed doubles with one of the Bryan twins.She's 50 but she's really fit !!!

Ok I've found a few links for the videos but I think we're not allowed to post them in this board. So if you wanna see them, PM me .
I hope they'll make Rafa sing before the end of the tournament :D

Final Henin-Kuznetsova, sorry Joy but Justine was stonger today.
Vamos Rafa and David !

Thanks for the links Kimi,they're hilarious !!!
Rafa was too serious but he's very nice and funny.
Don't worry about the French,I talk a little bit,I've been studying it for 5 years,just finish today.

So the 4 top male world players do it to semifinals,that's gonna be very interesting.

kimi said:
Final Henin-Kuznetsova, sorry Joy but Justine was stonger today.

She really was and so she deserved to win. I hope I'm just as calm tomorrow when the one I hate knocks the one I love out of the tournament :lol: And to make things even worse, I have to work tomorrow :( I can't even see it :mad:

Is the finals this Sunday? I can't believe it, I haven't watched a whole match for the French Open, the one majors that I was looking forward to the most... :( Shame, shame.

Bad news : Nalbandian retired so Feds is fresh for the final.I was so happy when David won the first set.....but he was in pain.Lots of players retired this year from RG due to injuries.

Good news : Rafa won !!!! Come on Rafa,you defeated Feds 5 times,you can defeat him 6 !!!

Sunday's match will be very exciting.

Back