Tennis

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI3Snickers, Apr 2, 2006.

1. rachaelm

rachaelm Witness

good luck to argentina then :). i don't mind nalbandian- don't really know much about him :(

2. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

So the final is in Russia, do you know the surface on which it will take place ? Or maybe it hasn't been decided yet ?
    I'm a bit torn, cos both Safin and Nalbandian are players I love :rolleyes:

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Go for Nalbandian he's got a cool name! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

Russia has one of the fastest hardcourts in the world so they probably use that. It seems the most logical choice, clay was a good idea against the USA but they would be a bit stupid to play on clay against the Argentines. My money is on hardcourt, which means that Russia has an adventage over Argentina. They have a lot of players who can do well on that surface.

ETS: Gotta love Dmitry, he even manages to make Roger's blog (which has been nice so far but nothing special) funny! :lol: :lol: Roger may be number one in the world but Dmitry is definately staying the blogging king! :D

5. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

Of course I think Russia won't choose clay, that's a question of common sense :lol:. Anyway, no matter the surface (except clay) russians will be the favorites. I mean Safin, Youzhny, Davydenko...good players. Nalbandian plays well on every surface I think, but what were the other players in the semi ? Not Coria I guess, can someone help me on this ?

I had a look on Roger's blog, and I agree he's not the funniest player :lol:. Hey you can't have all Roger :lol:

6. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

Anyone seen Elena Dementiewa today? She fought so hard. :eek:

7. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

I agree, Russia has a great team and unless David has the best weekend of his life and wins his singles and a double...Not really seeing that happening so my money is on Russia. Sadly. :(
    I think Argentine played the semifinal with Acasuso, Calleri and Chela to back David up. And while the first two can do good on clay they are not much help on any other surface. And with Coria falling of the face of the earth...Maybe David can duplicate himself. :lol: :lol:

8. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

Coria...Coria who ? :lol: :lol:. Does he still play tennis ? Where the heck is he ? I haven't heard of him since May I guess.
    Duplicating David would actually be very useful :D
    Russia is always a bad memory for me, cos (nearly) each time we played against them in Davis Cup, uh we lost :(.

Are there tournaments this week ? I'm looking forward to watching the Master Series again (Paris Bercy ;)).
    I found 'funny' that Switzerland and Spain will meet for the first round of the Davis Cup 2007. Rafa/Roger once more (sure the Swiss won't choose clay).

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Berdych defeated Nadal on the Masters Series Madrid so we're not gonna see a Federer-Nadal final. :(
    Berdych was kinda impolite drawing whistles to the crowd and Nadal,that is a nice guy,called him "stupid". :rolleyes:
    So the semifinals were Nalbandian-Federer and González-Berdych.
    The final is tomorrow:Federer-González.

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

There's going to be a Federer-Nadal semi-final tomorrow in the Masters Cup.
    Come on Rafa !!!

The other semi-final will be Blake-Nalbandian.

11. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

Tennis is back YAY :D. The Australian Open is one of my favorite tournament, it's always a bit tough to follow the matches live (my nights are really short :lol:). Damn jet lag !
    So here are the draws:
    Men's singles
    Women's singles (Allez Amélie !)

And kudos to Andy who defeated Federer in Kooyoung exhibition match, yes I know it's fake but come on' :lol:

12. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

it wasnt an exibition match, it was the final of the kooyong classic which is one of the many lead up tournaments to the aussie open!

GO RODDICK!!!! WOOOT!!!

i LUV roddick and HATE federer, and dude is it nice to see someone else win for a change!!!

i'm going to the aussie open for a day me thinks lol.

13. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

You're lucky :rolleyes:.
    So yeah where the hell are Fedex' fans on this board ? He's mucho mucho talented for sure (I can't see how I anybody could deny that), but players who always win is a bit, no VERY annoying. Come on Rafa, Andy, Marat (go go go !)...

I don't know why but I got the feeling Roger won't win this year, uh :rolleyes:

14. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

The first week is over in Melbourne, and all the favorites are still here except Hewitt. My fave was Safin, but as usual he lost :(but against Roddick so I can understand ;).
    There may be a semi Federer/Roddick.
    Tomorrow Nadal/Murray, vamos Rafa...I just can't stand Murray, dunno why.

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Roger Federer defeated Tommy Robredo today. :(
    I hope Rafa Nadal will defeat Fernando González tomorrow. :)