Tara/Megalyn #1

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 21, 2008.

1. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I love Megalyn and how she portrays Tara, she just does a great job and she's pretty too. You go girl! I'd like to she her but heads with Alexx in her return. I find it funny each time I watch an episode on itunes my cousin says he likes her so much. :lol:

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I'm really confused.
    What exactly is going on with Tara? Is she gone for good?

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well it looks like Tara is gone for good. I mean she was not only fired, but she got arrested b/c of her little drug problem :p.
    So, I really don't see how they can eventually bring her back.

Still knowing TPTB tehy can easily come out w/ an odd storyline so that she could come back. At least I hope since I really didn't want her to leave. I mean if Alexx was going to be back, I would have been ok w/ this kind of choice, but
    since it looks Alexx is not going to come back, I really don't see how I can cope w/ Tara's departure :D

4. happyharper13

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a spoiler, but since it's about the next season, I'm wrapping anyway.
    Do we know for a fact if she has a contract next season?

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well as for Megaly whatever her surname is since I don'know how to write it :lol:....I don't think she signed any new contract. So as far as I know, she should come back, unfortunately :(.

As for Khandi, EP once mentioned that if she had had time TPTB wanted to build up a storyline for the beginning of s8 just for her. But we have never heard anything about her lately, so I presume she' has no time ;)

6. Lady I

Lady I Hit and Run

Well I'll put my ideas in the spoiler box since I don't want to get in troubles

"Well what can I say.... For Tara's question I think that it's improbable she can come back... I can't image her returned... She was arrested and I don't think that she can come on mourge like it had never happened... Maybe She can come back on the series to try to kill someone muahahahah... Anyway for me it's impossible... Well impossible is a great word for Miami muahahahahahah... As For Alexx I adore the idea that she may come back again... But I don't think so that it's going to happen, I mean Khandi left the cast for a reason.."]

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't think she's returning. They very quickly took her from the opening credits in the finale, & I would guess that if she was returning in the new season they'd have kept her in the opening montage & just had us waiting to see when/how she'd get her job back.

I had read an article some time ago with Megalyn (like FLO, I cannot say the last name or even begin to spell it, lol) & she said the casting director had told her she wasn't right for the part but "let's have some fun with it".
    I don't know how old or new the interview was.

I do find it a little odd that we haven't heard anything on her departure though. Either someone (either Megalyn or TPTB) feels that it isn't necessary to confirm the exit, or TPTB are just tricking us by temporarily pulling her from the opening credits.

8. happyharper13

^Yeah. That's what I found the strangest. After seeing how much TPTB on all three shows hype whenever there's even the threat of a castmember leaving, it seems really strange that they didn't play that up more. When they've killed off recurring characters, they hyped it to death. If they're gonna get rid of a main character, even if it isn't by killing them off, it seems like they would have done more to really reap it for all it's worth with the press.

9. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Jon Togo did say when he was hired that TPTB hired him for 1 season or a set number of episodes and after that he would be told if he was going to be signed to a contract or not. So I am assuming that she only signed a season long contract stating the number of test episodes and it could be terminated at will by either party. Which would make sense, because she did around 22 or 23 episodes without much storyline except for in the very beginning and the end. Which is also similar to Kandi's situation in that the amount of airtime was pretty minimal for each episode.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the contract could have had a clause in it making reference to if she was not re-signed both parties agreed not to go public with the information. Normally that clause is a gag clause to protect both parties appearences.

I think the main reason we haven't heard anything about it is also she was only around for one season whereas Speed and Alex were both on board for 2+ seasons and in Speeds case being released from a contract early he had an obligation to make comebacks a certain number of times after his departure which he fullfilled.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And that's another aspect we should consider. I mean if they really wanted to keep her, they should have kept her credits...which disappeared :rolleyes:

I've never read it and I think I'm going to repeat what I have already said on another thread. I do find it a little bit disrespectful the fact that TPTB already knew she wasn't their type, but still they kept her for fun and when they weren't having fun anymore, they dropped her off. I mean :wtf:.
    Anyway, while she wasn't Alexx Woods, I had so much fun watching her in the morgue and I'm sorry that she had to leave for these reasons....both Tara & Megalynn ;)

And this is one of that kind of things I'll never understand of the show. Even if there was a clause I do find it really strange, quite unique on this show the fact we never heard rumours about this stuff. I mean there were rumours about anything on this show, but not Tara/Megalynn? I just find it strange.

Yep, this makes perfectly sense and yes I do think it was Megalyn's type of contract too ;)

Again, it makes perfectly sense, but I still don't understand why we didn't hear any kind of rumours. I mean TPTB have never been so good to protect actor's interests or even theirs own. So yeah I do think that in this case, I must say that both TPTB and Megalyn have been really good to protect eachother and I'm quite glad they did it ;)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I do agree about the contract stuff. I'm too lazy to multi-qoute you all this morning so Im just going to randomly throw out my thoughts here. :p

It does seem disrespectful they dropped her, but we should also consider that this comes with the territory of acting, especially with up & coming actors. ME knew she had a 1-year contract & was already told she wasn't quite right for the part. She may have felt honored enough just to get a season in on a show like 'Miami'. I'm sure it will look nice on her resume.

As far as keeping it mum - yeah, I think it's a little strange. Both ME & Corey Miller briefly spoke about the drug storyline & neither mentioned that the arc would wrap up the character's role. Not that they'd want to ruin it for the viewers, but I guess I would've expected one of them to say the character was leaving but then not letting us know WHY or HOW she will leave. I mean we could've been sitting here knowing that she was leaving the show but still be unsure if a) she'd OD, b) get shot by crazy Julia, or c) get sent to jail. Why all the mystery? :confused: