Tara/Megalyn #1

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Thought it would be a good idea to open a thread about our new ME on CSI:Miami as there has been some scattered discussion about her but nowhere really specific for the character. :)

[​IMG]
    (Courtesy of flHunter a.k.a Florry86)

What do you think about her so far? Is she a good/poor fit with the rest of the cast? What kind of development would you like to see for her?

There were some interesting thoughts in the Spoiler Lab that I thought I'd bring over as well:

2. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I really like her so far. I think I may just be a regular in this thread soon enough. I won't say I ship her with anyone but uh... *coughka-PoWcough* Cookies to whoever knows what that is.

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I absolutely loved Alexx. She and Khandi both left the show on good terms, so I was really hoping to like her replacement. So far, I'm just not feeling it. Now, to clarify, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this new character. However, right now she just feels to forced. When I was watching last night's episode, there was one scene where I just though Wow, they're trying to give us a younger version of Alexx. Which will never happen. Alexx was Alexx, and she was a wonderful and unique character.

Now, I don't mean to come in here and just compare her to a new character, because that's just not fair. But I don't really see much to her character at this point. Maybe it's because I just haven't seen enough of her character yet. I don't know. To me, she just seems... flat.

So, overall, not a huge fan at this point. But I'm definitely willing to give her a chance to grow as a character and make her presence known :) I do want to like her.

4. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

erm... The only thing I can get out of that was the W, so I'm gonna guess Ryan!

Tara is SLOWLY growing on me. I liked how she matched the other actors' intensity with this last episode. The first one she seemed a little flighty. They'll probably show a little more development in this season, so I'll probably grow to like her then.

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

You're right. *gives cookies... then to whole thread just because*

I was going to say something, but now I forget. I think it was referencing to the way she acted in That 70's Show when she played Hyde's sister. She was awesome in that. :lol:

6. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

I kind alike the new M.E but Alexx will always be the best,all I can say is at least she didn't get killed on the first day.That was pretty sad how the first new M.E went down.She seems a little young to me but I kinda got a feeling she will fill alot of hearts soon.You know she kinda looks like Natalia in a way too,but if I were to ship her with anyone it's a tie between Wolfe and Delko

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you so much Geni for opening this thread:thumbsup:

Ok here are my thoughts:

First of all Tara Price is not Alexx Woods as Megalyn is not Khandi;).
    I'm not saying she's not good as I enjoy her presence, but what I'm trying to say is that they're 2 different people.
    I don't think it's fair for Megalynn/Tara to compare her with Khandi/Alexx.
    Khandi is a very good actress (for me one of the best ever after "Rock and A Hard Place"), she has lot of good experiences on TV.
    Megalynn, I didn't know anything about her till now, I've never watched 4400. Lots of people her bad acting.
    I don't think we can judge her basing us on "this experience".
    She's very youn, w/ very few experience & she's still growing up.
    So they're completely differents except for the fact they're both black women:lol:

As for Tara, I like her, I enjhoy her presence & she's a very good ME.
    Obviously she can't be motherly since, probably, she's even younger than Calleigh, Ryan & Delko:lol:.
    Plus I love her interaction w/ both Delko & Ryan.
    I know I'm good
    Now I'd like to see her w/ Calleigh:lol:

8. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I really miss Alexx! But i like Tara, she is young and charm ME. I would like to know about her in future. Oh, i really like her style (wardrobe)!

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

So far I've liked her. She seems to know her stuff, she's nice and made me laugh in the first episode she was on. I think she's done a good job and fits well with the rest of the team (contrary to the guy who played ME for a few episodes). We've still not seen her interact with either Cal or Natalia so I'm looking forward to that.
    W... hmm, interesting...

10. Finch

Ooh interesting thoughts. :D

I have to say that so far I like her. I wasn't too attached to Alexx/Khandi so it was probably easier for me to clean the slate with this character and not compare too much--which people will do anyway.

The only big problem I have with the character thus far is that she's unrealistically young to be a Medical Examiner so I'm having a hard time biting into that apple. Maybe later on down the road, they'll explain how she got where she is now.

Also, I found some of her scenes so far a little bit awkward with the rest of the cast but that's normal for a new character I suppose; look how awkward some of the cast was in Cross-Jurisdictions. :lol:

It would be nice to see her interact with some more of the cast too and it'd be cool for her to get an episode all her own so we can get to know her a little more, otherwise we might be stuck with what Alexx had which was next to zilch and an 'I sent it to Trace' every episode.

11. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

I kinda like her but i still miss Alexx, and its very clear that she will never be Alexx. I dunno maybe she will grow on me but i agree on whoever said she is flat and kinda boring. And i dont want her to flirt with Ryan & especially not Eric :shifty: off limits!!! :lol: but we havent seen the most of her yet we are only at the beginning of the season.

12. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

You mean something like that episode where Alexx got kidnapped? I forget the name though,all I remember is the dude ran into the fire killing himself.I think that be pretty neat for her to have her own episode just not as extreme as Alexx's was,shes to new to get into to much danger.

bulletgirl love your avi btw

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

As Eric said 'She's cute', she is. She fits in perfectly and took no time to feel at home. Don't bother to compare her to Alexx, cause we all knew Alexx more and longer and bonded with her in some way, so that leaves almost nothing good to say about Megalyn. Just give a good year long on the show and lil more screen time plus that practical joke they're gonna play on her, and we'll love her.

You know, I don't remember seeing Calleigh talking to her at all though. But In Cheating Death I see a picture of her and Tara in the same scene. So, I'll wait.

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually it's "Power Trip", but yeah I agree. Calleigh never talked to her & I don't know if they want to follow a certain pattern with Calleigh not talking to her since Tara replaced Alexx.
    I don't know why, but I have a doubt they're gonna make Calleigh hate Tara,
    eg. the spoiler pics with Calleigh staring at Tara in a very weird way like "if you're not careful I'm going to blow your head off with my 9mm." :lol:
    & both like & dislike this idea.
    I like it since it's time to bring some angst between two female members of the team and I love the idea of comparing Tara with Alexx in term of team member even if I think it's impossible to compare them. But it can happen.
    I don't like it since I think it would be a little bit too obvious.
    Plus I don't like people treating Tara in bad way for this "stupid" reason, though I prefer this idea than Calleigh fighting with her for other reason [shipping ones]:rolleyes:.

Anyway the idea of creating an interesting storyline for Tara is pretty good for the sam exact reason Geni mentioned, but, still I think it would pretty uffair towards Khandi.
    I mean Khandi left the show for a certain reason [that's what we think] and creating a very interesting storyline for Tara would be like confirming the reason why Khandi left the show. I don't know, I'd prefer not seein any storyilne for Tara at least for a year;)

15. Finch

I think it's kind of a catch 22 with the writers on this now because on the one hand, if they don't give her a storyline for a while, people may complain about how she's not getting any screentime or interesting dialogue with the rest of the team, therefore she's being treated the same way as the Alexx character. But on the other hand, if she gets a storyline, it could be seen as a slap in the face to Khandi who should have had the same opportunity to get a storyline. So as far as that goes, not everyone would be satisfied either way.

So while I agree that it might be too soon to throw Tara a storyline, the character shouldn't be omitted from getting something good in the season where she's been introduced just because another character/actress left. But that's always the challenge with a show as established as Miami and a character who'd been there since the beginning.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008