TalkCSI LPS #1: Challenge 7 - Texture - FINAL RESULTS UP!

Re: TalkCSI LPS #1: Challenge 3 - Edible

Thanks for that reminder wibble, for some reason I had in my mind that the deadline was tomorrow. :eek: *panics* I may be using my pass for this round...I'll let you know! :p

^ I just sent you a PM ;)

Elsie, perhaps you'd like to borrow my glasses? :p

j/k :lol:

wibble said:
Elsie, perhaps you'd like to borrow my glasses? :p

j/k :lol:

Perhaps I should just wear my own more! :lol:

Good luck everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing all the great pics and voting! (Actually the voting is the worst bit, because it's always so tough!)

I cut this one veeery close, but I got one in!!! Yay me!! *claps* And the first thing I said to mum when I saw the title of this thread was 'I should print out a pic of George or Rory or Eddie and take a picture of it and send that in!' :lol:

Good luck everyone!

~xJemmax~

CHALLENGE 3: Edible – Voting

~ BlueCurl, ShuriyuCSI, Muzzy_Olorea and Elsie are using their free pass for this round.

Please read this post carefully before voting.

[1] Vote for the top 3 of least quality. You need to include a valid reason for each vote, otherwise it won't be counted.
[2] Any member of this board may vote.
[3] The photographers with the top two number of votes will be eliminated.

Here are some examples of good reasons:

31: The photo is overexposed
44: The subject is slightly blurry
59: Not enough contrast (between colours and/or shapes)
63: Ineffective composition
75: The photo has too many elements/no main point of interest
57: Lack of texture

Examples of bad reasons:

44: I hate the colours in the photo (personal preference)
63: The photo is boring

Here are the photos:

Edible 01
Edible 02
Edible 03
Edible 04
Edible 05
Edible 06
Edible 07
Edible 08
Edible 09
Edible 10
Edible 11
Edible 12
Edible 13
Edible 14

~ Please PM me if you don't see your photo.

Wow! There are some amazing pictures there. I really had a hard time picking out ones this time. There isn't a bad picture in the bunch. I can see this contest is going to get more and more difficult.

Here's my choices:

9 - This picture didn't convey the idea of "edible" to me. I couldn't tell if it wad made from cookie dough or play doh. It's cute, but it doesn't bring food to mind.

13 - There's too much space around the main image. While Shaggy was a cute addition, he detraced from the edible parts of the image. Also, there were to many contrasting patterns. They were distracting.

11 - Its a good idea and the photo definitely gives me the idea of "edible", but there was too much side and foreground in the image. This would have worked a bit better if it had been shot from over head. That way the cookies would have been front and center.

Wow .... not only am I hungry, I'm amazed at everyone's brilliant photos! This was really hard to choose so well done everyone.

08 - Good idea for a photo but the focus is on the boy and not the food. Plus the sandwiches blend into the hands and background.

14 - Great photo but I think it should have been taken without the hands (or have them less obvious) in the picture as they are very distracting.

02 - The way the food on the tables is arranged is beautiful but I think the photo itself could have been arranged better as there's no direct focus to the picture and too many objects to take in.

Mmmm... I'm hungry! :lol:

Gosh - this was the most difficult round so far. All the photos are really good. :eek:

However, as we have to vote, here are my votes:

09 - This photo didn't convey the theme of edible to me. Although, I suspect it is marzipan, it also looks a little like play-dough. And you shouldn't eat play-dough (or so my Mum told me when I was little...)

13 - Again, the theme was not clearly reflected in this photo, for me. The couch that Shaggy is sitting on does indeed look to me a cake but Shaggy dominates the photo and it makes me think of loafing or decadence more than ediblity (is that even a word?)

12 - The plate is not positioned centrally for the photo. Although the food looks delicious (yum!), their are objects in the background that distract a little (like the mobile phone, bag(?) and person sitting...).

Sorry guys - they are all great photos but I had to pick three!

05 - the image in the back of the photo is too distracting
13 - the photo is too dark and the figure masks the 'edible' object in the photo
09 - the photo doesn't really convey the theme edible to me

These were all great pics.. makes me want to eat :lol:

08 - It seems to me that the person is the subject of this photo, not the bread.

09 - I can't tell whether it's something edible.

13 - Again, I think the focus is on the figure instead of the food.

It was hard to pick, though. All the photos are great!

Number 9 - I understand that it's probably marzipan, but it looks a little too much like Play Dough.

Number 13 - You can't eat Shaggy ;)

Number 14 - I don't understand this one...but I like the cat :D

Great photos!

05- There's a glare from the flash on the picture in the background and it's a bit distracting from the actual focus of the picture
01- The silver dish combined with the light from the flash is actually a little blinding. It sort of makes the entire picture look a little metallic
02- There's too much in the picture and it's a bit overwhelming. You can't exactly tell what the main focus of it is (obviously the food, but what particular object?). It's a beautiful picture, but everything just looks a little too cramped

Awesome job though, guys!

14 - I don't understand this one...but I like the cat

08 - It seems to me that the person is the subject of this photo, not the bread.

05 - the image in the back of the photo is too distracting

9 - looks like plasticine or something, doenst look edible to me.

14 - its hard to tell if the cat or the tube of what looks like glue, lol, is the focus, deosnt give me the feeling of 'edible'

8 - the kid is distracting, the sandwiches should have been inthe centre of the shot.

Back