[T3] Wallpaper Challenge #36: Leading Ladies ~ Now Open!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Re: [T3] Wallpaper Challenge #24: Accent Color ~ Results!

;)Congrat's to all the winner's, great job ya'll:lol:

And to everyone else, all your walls were stunning, and we are all winner's:thumbsup:;)

2. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Thank you so much! :D

Congrats to all the other winners! Beautiful wps!

3. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

:eek: Thanks for everyone that voted for my walls. And congrats to all the artists. All of the walls were so stunning! :thumbsup:

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Everyone that's requested a banner so far should have gotten it. If not, let me know. You may still make a request if you haven't yet :)

Now... a question for everyone:
    In cases like the challenge we just had, where there are only *just* enough participants for three categories, is it better to have three smaller categories, with only four or five people in each, or two slightly bigger categories with a few more people in each?
    Feedback is needed on this! Please let me know. I would set up a poll, but, well, you know... :rolleyes:

5. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Considering the entries of the last challenge it could be a good idea to have 2 categories. Somehow I get the feeling that the problem 'which category I belong' witholds from entering. I know you've been putting a lot of efford in this thread, it might be an idea to go back to the old situation with 2 categories. But that could just me thinking out loud. ;)

6. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Meg, thanks for the banners. :)

As for your question... I personally think that it is a great thing to have three categories. Especially with wallpapers it is needed to balance out the different skill levels of the participants. But the point is that it would get a bit more exciting if you have more participants in one category so not necessarily the same persons win all the time.

Interestingly enough, I've experienced however that I am more likely in the winners group in that split of categories than if we have just one category. I was chanceless twice in those even though I have advanced skills. Sometimes it is rather the idea and the simplicity of things that make ppl vote for a wall. I highly doubt that most of the ppl voting for walls because they can truly tell what skills were necessary to bring this wall to live. I personally try to evaluate on this one but for sure it is because I more experienced with Photoshop. So going back to two categories might make it a bit more exciting and less predictable based on my own experience, but I do appreciate the fact that three categories give the intermediate skilled persons a good chance on a win.

I think those affected by the immediate category should decide on this. :)

7. 4blueeyez

4blueeyez Rookie

Congrats to all the winners!!
    Everyone did a great job!

8. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

Hard competition. Congrats to the winners. :)

9. Dragonfly

Re: [T3] Wallpaper Challenge #25: No People!

I know the last challenge only just finished, but in order to fit around RL, this has to go up now :rolleyes: :lol:

Wallpaper Challenge #25: No People
    Now, this one is pretty much what it sounds like. I want CSI Wallpapers, with no people in them.
    Now, just a few things to clarify this, because I know there will be questions.
    ~Dead bodies are okay, but not living victims. The 'Dead body' can't belong to a well-known character. That mean's Speed is out ;) Along with a few others.
    ~A pair of hands is okay, if they're handling evidence, holding a camera, etc.
    ~Badges and guns clipped to a belt are okay, as long as you can't actually see the person.

This one may be easier said than done, but that's the point of a challenge. Have fun!

Rules
    [1] Entries will be due Tuesday, April 15th
    [2] Anyone and Everyone is welcome to enter! You may enter up to 3 wallpapers. Any and all CSI shows!
    [3] Please PM your entries to me, DragonflyDreamer. Please include the challenge number in the subject line, and somewhere in the pm please state if you would like to be in Beginners, Intermediate, or Advanced. If you are unsure which category to enter, check out the guidelines here. Any further questions feel free to ask!
    ~If you do not yet have PM privileges, just post here letting me know that you're interested, and we'll have another way for you to enter.
    [4] This is an anonymous challenge. That means you may not post your wallpaper anywhere until the challenge is over, if you do you will be disqualified.
    [5] Recomended size is 800x600. No Animations, please.
    [6] As always, and most importantly, Be Creative and Have Fun!

**Please note that if you have fewer than 100 posts, and are therefore unable to send PM's, please comment here and we'll work out a way for you to get your entries in :)

10. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Alrighty, sound fun...interesting theme though I may have to think carefully...If RL isn't too hard on me
    I'll do one or two...I'm in !! :D

11. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Re: [T3] Wallpaper Challenge #25: No People ~ Now Open!

This challenge sounds interesting :D Im in.

12. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Well, that's ... erm...
    Looks like a lot of hard work, but I'm in. Can't wait to see what you all co me up with :)

13. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Ooo yes! I'm in! I love a challenge! :D

14. Dragonfly

Just a quick clarification: You are not limited to the things I listed in the first post. Scenery, logos, whatever you want ;)

15. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

^^Thanks for clearing that up Meg! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.