Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

Re: Canadian Thread #5

I just read an article on the CTV website that says most of Canada will have colder than normal weather for December, January and February. It didn't say anything about percip. The cold weather is a result of La Nina. The only good thing we may see out of this is sunshine. I don't mind the cold as long as we have SUN!

WhosLaughingNow I know what you mean about the cold downtown. Those huge buildings seem to be a magnet for making everything colder even in the summer.

congrats Jacquie! im sure the store cats will probably want to take credit for that :lol:

an nooo!! i dont want cold :( between walking to and from school, walking between classes, and walking the dogs (not mine, but the universities) im outside about 3 hours a day :eek: guess ill have to break out the long underwear! :lol: the beagles really dont like the cold, i guess ill just have to take her to the indoor play room instead.

i guess there was some really bad weather in parts of ontario last night, but guelph seems to be in a winter storm vacuum. people yelled at me over the phone at work last night (i work at a performace theater) when i told them the show was not canceled and we couldnt refund their tickets

allmaple yes Becky and Caramel will take all the credit. You know cats. The humans do all the hard work and the cats take all the credit :)

I do get a kick out of some peoples thoughts on snow. Life just doesn't stop because there is snow on the ground. Get a life and learn how to drive in the white stuff because we may be in for a real winter this year. As well as the cold we may get more snow than what we've become use to. I really don't want extra snow this year but if we do get it it may help with the water tables that were drained during the summer this year. You never know with the cold that we are suppose to get maybe it will stop people from shooting each other in Toronto. There been something like 80 murders this year and we still have December to go.

Almost every shooting is the result of drugs or gangs. Considering its size, the GTA is probably one of the safest places in the world. There is this one part of LA, not even the entire city that has around 1,200 murders a year. Thats insane!

Ulg, it figures the year i decide to commute to school, it would be colder than previous years! I grew up in Vancouver, and it doesn't seem to matter how long I live here, I can't get used to the cold. I like snow, but the wind, ice and freezing rain are another story. But I do prefer having snowy weather before christmas...it makes december more festive. I hate it when it drags on afterwards though.

And I always forget about Guelph being so much worse than where I live. I keep leaving the house without gloves, then i get to guelph and there is snow everwhere...oops. Its nice not having to wait for the late bus in the cold anymore...ahhh...

well the snow finally hit, and enough of it is down to cause major havoc. :lol: guess there'll be no sun tanning for me today...must go out and shovel or else it'll all freeze and cause real problems.

xfcanadian where are you commuting from?? ive been bundled up in my winter jacket, scarves, hats, and gloves for weeks and still feel cold! :lol: but then again im always cold.

so heres why canadian content rules on the television suck:
tlc and discovery are the same company, so i see commercials for discovery channel when i watch tlc. we get the american commercials, so i always see ads for planet earth to be shown on discovery. but, its playing on the american discovery channel and because of those good old 'canadian content' rules there is some other crappy documentary on the canadian discovery channel :( planet earth seems to be on random channels at random times here in canada, and it really is the greatest documentary series ever and i want to see it! hmph.

Yeah, my grandparents were supposed to drive in today but because of the snow that was dumped on us last night that's not gonna happen. :rolleyes:

allmaple, it pisses me off too when they tease us with the American shows and then we don't get them, but rather a crappy Canadian version. With how prominent their shows are on our networks you'd think they'd make the extra effort to get it for us, but no. :rolleyes:

Oh!!!! I hate when they do that too!

Their like Ha Ha Canada look at his show, you want it? you want it? TOO BAD! Your not going to get it, but we're going to show you the previews anyway! And to make it even worse were gonna give you the awful Canadian version!

I also get mad at CTV when they show us a preview, for the next weeks episode of whatever show,once in a blue moon!

anyway... regardless of all that, I still love being Canadian! :D

xfcanadian where are you commuting from?? ive been bundled up in my winter jacket, scarves, hats, and gloves for weeks and still feel cold! but then again im always cold.

My feet are always cold! I am coming from Oakville, so its about 50 min drive. Its quite a bit warmer here, not nearly as much snow as guelph. And I get to drive by the people waiting for the Gordon bus...ahhh don't miss doing that! That bus was always late.

That planet earth thing is very popular. I work at future shop, and ever other person gets mad at me because its sold out. That and Josh Groban...

Sometimes canadian tv blows, but there are a lot of great things about it. Like how ctv has shows that are conflicting in the US, like Grays and CSI, and they are shown at different times. We also get the better CSI commercials :lol: Well, when they show them. Its annoying not having showtime though, i LOVE dexter.

There certainly is good and bad about Canadian TV. Good being Due South, Wayne and Shuster to name a couple :) Now I agree about those nice CSI commercials. Some were very nice :) Bad being they don't show next weeks episode. Now I'm probably being a bad Canadian but I do watch CSI at 9pm so I can get some of the unCanadian version.

I heard on the radio yesterday that if Christmas was today that all of Canada would have a white Christmas. I'm not sure if that is good or not :lol: It seems while us in Ontario were getting dump with our storm on Sunday Vancouver Island was getting dumped with up to 40cm of the white stuff. Wow. The west coast of BC sure has had it's fair share of snow this last couple of years. Snow in the wrong places that is

the gordon bus is always early now!! i try to be at the stop at least 10 minutes early, and sometimes i only make it by like 30 seconds :eek:

dont forget degrassi as good canadian tv, except its starting to go downhill... i usually watch csi on ctv since its on earlier and i can get back to school work faster

It seems while us in Ontario were getting dump with our storm on Sunday Vancouver Island was getting dumped with up to 40cm of the white stuff.
Yep, and now the middle's getting it. It started at 10 last night and hasn't stopped yet.

For Canadian tv... I like Corner Gas, but I rarely have time to watch it... and when I do they bump it for something like Dancing with the Stars, which isn't Canadian, and I don't watch anyway.

allmaple said:
dont forget degrassi as good canadian tv, except its starting to go downhill...

OMG, Degrassi! :lol: I loved this show. Actually, the other night I had nothing to do and I randomly landed on a channel showing a rerun of it. Emma especially looked SO young! (This was before the character got stupid)

I don't watch Corner Gas. I've tried, but I can't get into it. Besides Degrassi, the only Canadian TV I watch would be the CBC Friday line up, those political satire shows (Air Farce - which isn't as good as it used to be - , Rick Mercer, y'know). Oh, does anybody remember the show Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye or Zoe Busiek: Wild Card? I used to watch those (it's ironic, both were Canadian shows, but were set in American cities. That kind of bothers me actually, but oh well).

The on thing I really dislike is when you are watching shows and then at the end it says something like "Miss tonights episode? You can watch full episodes at so-and-so.com" and then you go there and it says that those episodes are only available to residents of the US

LibertyBell said:
allmaple said:
dont forget degrassi as good canadian tv, except its starting to go downhill...

OMG, Degrassi! :lol: I loved this show. Actually, the other night I had nothing to do and I randomly landed on a channel showing a rerun of it. Emma especially looked SO young! (This was before the character got stupid)

Ewwwww lol. I don't like this show only because I hate how everything horrible happens to only this group of 15 or so kids. The only time I ever watched it was when my friend was a guest star a few times and for some reason last year I would watch it after school some days in French. For some reason I kinda liked it in French.

I'm more of a fan for pretty some of those Canadian shows on the comedy network. But not just for laughs gags. That got old after a while.

touchcookies said:
The on thing I really dislike is when you are watching shows and then at the end it says something like "Miss tonights episode? You can watch full episodes at so-and-so.com" and then you go there and it says that those episodes are only available to residents of the US

Ugh I hate that! It bugs me even more because they let up watch like all the small videos but none of the full episodes.

LibertyBell, Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye isn't on anymore?

Back