Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Is that Adam? He looks taller somehow. :lol: Why does he look womped though? He looks like he got in a fight. I guess he's the one we thought was long dead. I keep hoping JDM will return and I get my hopes dashed every darn time. Not I'm not not happy to see baby bro Winchester again. :lol: I'm loving that they brought him back because now the boys get to meet the REAL Adam. :lol: I'm a little annoyed however that Dean seems to be in Zach's green room again. :lol: :wtf: is up with that? Surely Adam's not the help that Sam brought to get sense into Dean cause Adam doesn't know the life... how could he help? :lol: Me is confused. Considering that Mark whatshisname is listed in the credits up until the finale (if I recall), I doubt that Lucifer is gonna take poor Adam as his vessel... unless imdb is incorrect, which is possible. :lol: However, it's still possible that Michael takes Adam's form instead of it being Lucifer.

Do you think it's possible though that God intervened one more time and brought Adam back to give Dean another reason to fight and not say yes to Mike? I mean the idea of getting a chance to get to know his youngest brother might appeal to Dean. Just saying. :lol:

I do understand Dean's feelings about Sam's happy moments, but at the same time I understand why they were happy moments for Sam. Dean is constantly always thinking of others before himself. It sounds like in this week's ep that he for once started being a little bit selfish (though its the worst time for it and probably in the worst way- still havent' watched the ep yet lol)... but that's also why it feels a bit out of character for Dean. :lol:
    I sure hope next week's ep that there are shades of real Dean in there cause real dean was MIA in those clips I saw. :lol:

Sam with the doggy was just adorable. I loved how his face lit up like christmas tree lights. :lol: Probably the only time he was able to have a pet. So I see why that made him happy.

Is it just me or do the rules sort of sound a bit like like a warning song about a serial killer. You know: "3, 4 better salt your door". :lol: Heh, I'm in a weird mood apparently.

Dean's scene with Mary was cute. I loved that cute little boyish smile on his face when she rubbed his head affectionately. Just adorable. These boys, I swear I just wanna squish both forever they're so cute. :lol: And finally! We finally got to hear Dean say the words "I love you" to his mom. Awww! :)

I swear every time Mary shows up either younger or older and is seen by Sammy, I swear I think the guy's gonna pass out on the floor. :lol: He looks starstruck every darn time. It's so cute. I love these boys. :D

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I've just read a interesting spoiler :)

Q: Are there any new ‘Supernatural‘ scoops that involve Dean? I haven’t heard a lot of spoilers about him.
    Matt Roush: Well, some fans fear that’s because in the 100th episode, Dean makes some sort of deal with Michael, and one theory is that he agrees to donate his meat suit. Outside of that possibility, there is this to look forward to: a big throwdown ‘tween the bros. “I won’t give anything away, but the other day Sam and Dean had a bit of a tussle,” Jensen Ackles shared at a fan convention last weekend. On-screen sib Jared Padalecki then added that Sam and Dean’s bond could hit “rock bottom” by season’s end.

4. GregNickRyanFan

I thought they promised they were gonna repair the brothers relationship by season's end? Okay, so is the "scuffle" in the 100th ep or in a later ep? I'm confused. :lol:

Edited to add:

I was just setting up my direct tv box for the show and I saw that the description says:

"The angels have a new plan that horrifies Sam, Dean and Castiel. An old friend returns."

And old friend? Somehow I think it'll be someone else besides Adam. You can't really call him an old friend since they never actually met Adam and he's family, so wouldn't it have said "a family member thought long dead returns"? So, old friend... who could that be? Rufus isn't someone they've known long enough to refer to as "an old friend". So I'm thinking this "old friend" is the one Dean looks surprised to see in that second clip. My guess is either Missouri or Ellen. Missouri would have wacked Dean with a spoon if she'd heard him say what he said to Bobby. :lol: Ellen would have popped him too. It's possible that Sam would get Missouri to help with getting Dean to see reason. He couldn't get Ellen though since she's dead, so someone else would have to be behind that. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm thinking it'll be The Trickster/Gabriel. I think they've been through enough to consider each other friends. :D :lol: It'd be cool if Gabe was on Team Free Will.

As for the "angels' new plan that will horrify Sam, Dean and Castiel", it'll probably be using Adam as Michael's vessel. Bleh. I would have preferred if the plan was to be Dean, that it would actually BE Dean. Screw the Apocalypse. :p

" On-screen sib Jared Padalecki then added that Sam and Dean’s bond could hit “rock bottom” by season’s end."

Don't they say that pretty much every year though? That was supposed to happen during 'Free To Be You And Me' but they ended up hunting together again in the next episode and wanting to repair their relationship. Something similar also happened during 'Scarecrow'. If they're actually going to separate the boys or put a wedge in their relationship as serious as they make it out to be, then maybe they should actually go through with it for more than one or two episodes. *shrugs* That's just me.

It's probably the only qualm I have with the show right now other than bringing Misha on as a main cast member and having him appear less than in season 4, where he was just a guest star. Figure that one out :wtf:. In my eyes, the character has been really under-utilized.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Well, Gabriel is set to return in next week's episode (according to imdb)... so if that clip of Dean looking surprised at who is behind him... if that scene is at the very end of the episode and they leave the identity of the person as a cliffhanger then I could see it being Gabriel since he's in the next week. Otherwise, it must be someone else. I can't really see why they'd refer to him as "an old friend". :lol:

Yeah, I definitely think that might be their plan. Though I'm hoping God steps in one last time and brings Adam back to give Dean another reason to say no to Michael. :lol: In the spoiler pic, Adam looks beat up. I wonder how that happened. But then again, even if Michael takes Adam as his vessel, he couldn't use him to kill Lucifer because the prophecy stated that it has to be Dean.

That's why I think Dean is gonna get some angel powers at some point. That's the only other way he can successfully kill Lucifer without Michael taking over. But then again, they may just put Lucifer back in his cell rather than kill him. I think if Zach doesn't die, he should be forced to be the new "devil". He admitted he's petty... and I wouldn't think that that was a trait becoming of an angel of the Lord. :lol: Petty is also sometimes followed with the word "jealousy" which is basically one of the seven deadly sins isn't it? :lol:

Yes, they are always saying that. But they also said they'd repair the relationship before the end of the season. What repair it for a couple of weeks and then destroy it again? Yeesh. I know they're the descendants of Cain and Abel, but isn't this taking it a little too far? :lol: And there's still that whole thing with Lucifer telling Sam he'd say yes in Detroit. I think it was Detroit.

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Major Spoilers! Read at your own risk :)

The Adam Milligan that Sam and Dean and the viewers meet in S5.18 Point of No Return is the real one and he's not the wide-eyed idealistic kid they expect him to be. He's a lot more cynical about them, about John Winchester and his own life. He's not the kid eager to be their brother like the ghoul portrayed him as in order to get Sam and Dean to let their guard down in Jump the Shark.

Sam: Believe it or not, but dad was trying to keep you safe.

Adam: Well I guess the monster who ate me didn't get the memo.

Yep, Adam Milligan really is a Winchester after all and John Winchester has one more son he isn't going to win any Father of the Year awards from.

Jared Padalecki has been dynamic in this role and even when the writers didn't tell us what was going on inside of Sam, Jared always managed to show it to us.

In Point of No Return, Dean Winchester is still caught up in thinking so little of his own self worth and being driven ragged by what he perceives as the constant failure to stop Lucifer. That combined with the incredible weight of guilt at being partly responsible for the whole mess in the first place that he thinks the only useful thing he can do is sacrifice himself. Dean is convinced that he has no other choice left but to say yes to Michael no matter what the consequences of that action might be for him and for Sam.

Some of the things I really enjoyed in this episode were:

* Dean in handcuffs.
    * Sam getting payback by having to lock Dean in Bobby's panic room.
    * Adam is just as sarcastic as Dean is
    * Adam's discussion with Sam about John Winchester
    * The ending sequence between Sam and Dean

8. GregNickRyanFan

I just hope that the Dean/Cas friendship will not be destroyed. I love their dynamic on the show and I don't want it to change just because Dean was being a jerk and had to have some sense knocked into him. I really hope that when Dean comes to his senses that he realizes why Cas felt that necessary. Though I really hate the idea of Dean even thinking about giving in anyway. It makes no sense to me. He's fought it all this time and now all of a sudden just because his brother's heavenly memories didn't include him and just because God said he wouldn't help anymore... now Dean gives up? Like he's not felt let down by his brother before. And he never really believed God would help anyway. So, I just don't get it.

Why is Dean in handcuffs? They cuff him in the panic room or something? I hope that's all it is cause I'm really starting to get annoyed at the boys getting arrested. :lol: Its getting a little old at this point. :lol:

I really don't understand how the panic room is supposed to work. I didn't think it was angel proof. It would have to be to keep Dean from being able to say yes... cause Michael might hear him in the panic room unless it's angel proof.

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Has it crossed your mind that he's in the panic room because Sam and Bobby are just locking him in there to stop him from doing the stupid thing of saying Yesto Michael? I think that's all it's going to come down to, they're locking him in to stop him from doing something stupid. And it's probably not Angel proof, and if it was it wouldn't matter because the Angels can't track them down anyway. Zach thinks it's fair game to find them while they're sleeping.

10. GregNickRyanFan

I guess I just forgot momentarily about the things Cas put on them to keep the angels from finding them. :lol: But I guess since they can't find them, it stands to reason that they wouldn't be able to hear him say yes. :lol: I guess that's why he had to go to that preacher. I don't know how I managed to forget the symbols Cas put on them. :lol:

I think at first I was confused about why Dean would even consider saying yes when giving up isn't really in his nature. But now after thinking about it a while, I think I understand. Seeing what happened to Cas with that spell that woman did to him... I think Dean just got fed up with those he cares about constantly getting hurt... so he just said, "Well, I'll give Michael conditions. He'll have to make sure Bobby, Sam, Cas, Lisa and Ben are all safe and Cas' full powers are restored and he's allowed back in Heaven with open arms before I consent." But he doesn't realize that there is no guarantee that Michael would keep his word. But that's why Dean walked out like that. He's just fed up. So he isn't doing this for himself, he just thinks if he puts these conditions on it that they'll be met and those he cares about will be safe from any and all harm. Dean is no stranger to sacrificing himself to save those around him. I think this is just another example of him trying to do that. I mean, he took flack for making that deal with the crossroad demon too. So, I guess it just took a bit to sink in for me. :lol:

11. GregNickRyanFan

Apparently "Let The Games Begin" has been changed to "The Devil You Know". Why, I have no clue.

There are pics on imdb from next week's ep "Hammer Of the Gods". Just of Dean, Sam and Gabe and some guest stars. They look like they're all from one scene, possibly two. There's some big bald Asian dude trying to strangle Sam in one pic and it looks like Dean is stabbing the guy in the back. I'm guessing he's a vampire, cause it looks like a wooden stake he's stabbing him with.

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Alright so Gabriel is going to be in this episode ... that makes sense why the episode looked so freaking strange when I saw this spoiler clip :guffaw:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bjkcc_YLsU

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

So, did anyone actually watch the episode? Seems like all we've had is spoilers in this thread. Spoiler after spoiler after... well you get the picture- although I don't, because I don't like to be spoiled! :lol:

Anyhoo, I watched (finally- stupid roomie had to watch a stupid Canucks game on Thurs, so I had to watch it online tonight) and I really like this episode. Finally, some hope at the end of the tunnel! And finally, Castiel grows a pair! :lol: I loved all the homo-erotic comments too- as much as I don't like slash, I still was amused by the obvious references to (imo) mess with the slash fans! :lol:

I am really looking forward to how they end this arc. It's gonna be HUGE. :D

14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

A small spoilerly picture about an upcoming episode:

[​IMG]

15. GregNickRyanFan

^ Nikki, I swear I think I read a fic where
    Sam had a very similiar plan that involved him spending time with Lucifer. :lol: Me thinks maybe the writers are reading fics after all. :lol:

:guffaw: The Elephant! Dean's face as he walks past and then realizes "wait did I see what I think I saw?" And he walks back. :lol:

imdb's description says something about the Gods (I'm guessing Pagan gods) want to use our boys as a bargaining chip to stop the apocalypse and Gabriel shows up to warn them that Lucifer will kill them (the Gods) if he finds them (I guess he's still pretending to be Trickster here). It also said one god turns on the others and Luci shows up.

I'm hoping that at the end of the ep Gabe will have found Cas and will bring him back to the boys. :)

There's been a lot of discussion elsewhere as to what happened to Adam at the end of the ep the other night. Some people think since Dean technically said yes (even if it was a trick to kill Zach) that since he was gone, Michael took Adam instead... but wouldn't that be impossible? He has to have consent of the actual person. He didn't have Adam's consent, so he couldn't take Adam. So what I'm thinking is maybe it wasn't Michael there at the end. Maybe it was the big guy. God probably wouldn't need consent. The only other possibility I could think of is that maybe Cas got his full mojo back (or maybe temp powers) and whisked Adam out of harm's way before Mike's arrival. :lol: That would actually be cool.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010