Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Finch, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

Well ... nice to see he's still got the same clothes :guffaw:

Case In Point:

Fans are dying to know just one thing about Supernatural this season: Will Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) ever see Anna again now that she's been taken back by the original man in her life, God?

Heaven's messengers—including superfine seraphim Castiel (Misha Collins)—were introduced in the season premiere, but it was the arrival of former angel and sometime crazy-person Anna (Julie McNiven) that turned Supernatural season four totally epic.

So, does Anna come back for more unnaturally good sex with Dean? I've got the exclusive dish...

After those last two episodes of white-hot chemistry between Dean and Anna (not to mention their literally steamy sex scene in the backseat of the Impala), cutting us off from more Deanna would be a crime, so it's a good thing she's not gone for good!

Insiders whisper that producers do want to bring Anna back to earth, although it's not clear when or for how many episodes.

What is clear is that good-hearted bad boy Dean and ambivalent angel Anna are perfect for each other. Plus, there's the obvious mirror image of Dean dating a gorgeous disgruntled angel while Sam (Jared Padalecki) screws around (and/or is madly in love) with gorgeous reformed demon Ruby (Genevieve Cortese). Could the Winchester brothers' respective romantic entanglements possibly turn them against each other—or is having both heavenly hosts and hell-spawn on their side a trump card they could use against Lilith?

What do you guys think of the introduction of Anna? Any guesses about the nature of her past with Castiel? And would you want Anna and Ruby to be regulars in season five—or are you keeping Sam and Dean for yourself?

2. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

I'm debatable when it comes to keeping Ruby and Anna. I'd prefer not to, but that's only because so far the storylines that involve them seem to also have a point of pushing Sam and Dean away from each other. But if the relationships bring the boys closer, well I'm all for it. I'm weird. :p But Ruby needs to be kick ass again.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:sigh: I'm sad now cause when I saw "guess who might be back", I nearly squealed thinking it would be John. I should know better than to get my hopes up like that. :lol:

Dean and Anna having white hot chemistry? :lol: Not from where I was sitting. Sorry, but didn't see it. Didn't think they mixed well at all. Like I said, there hasn't been a girl on there yet that meshed well with Dean except for the girl in the Monster Movie ep.

I hope they don't bring Anna back. Why torture Dean with something he can't have? Cause ultimately she'll have to go back to being an angel. I mean, hasn't Dean been tortured enough already? Besides, I didn't get the feeling that it was a "this is the person I could fall in love with" feeling from Dean.

To me its also a little weird that his name is Dean and hers in Anna when the person he was named after was named Deanna. That's just too freaking weird and the writers totally should have given her a different name. I bet they didn't think of the whole Deanna Winchester thing. :lol:

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah I agree, I didn't really get them together. It just seemed like a way for Dean to get some action since Sam 'got some' in the previous episode and to push forward the Demon!Sex versus Angel!Sex.

I honestly didn't see enough chemistry between Anna and Dean for them to have any kind of long-term emotional attachment to one another. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Dean hooking up with someone or falling in love but I just can't see Anna/Dean.

On the other hand, I don't mind Sam/Ruby.

Anna? Maybe not. As much as I'd like to learn more about her, I don't think it would be necessary for her to be a regular. I don't know, I'm just not digging Anna as much as I had when I first heard about her character. Ruby would make more sense since she was already a regular in season 3 but I sort of feel like she's almost been used to capacity on this show. Unless they throw in a lot more development potential or she has more of a purpose than Sam's squeeze and the demon that follows them around with info.

What about Castiel? He seems to be a fan favourite this season for er, many reasons. :devil: After hearing what he had to say to Dean in that park, there's been a lot more dynamic added to him. (Ie: Sympathy/admiration for humans)

5. GregNickRyanFan

I totally agree with you, SpeedCochrane. I don't mind Sam/Ruby that much either. I don't really care one way or another about the relationship really. I'm neutral. :lol: As for Dean/Anna it just seems cliched the "bad boy" with the "angelic" girl. Even female angels are attracted to the bad boy type. :lol:

I love Castiel by the way. Wouldn't mind if he was in it more. Though I can't stand Uriel. :lol: But, that's probably a given.

I still miss John though. I'd love to see Bobby on more.

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I think that jacket Dean has on has special significance though- it was his dad's, so it's more important to him than other clothes, I'm guessing. Personally, I do wish they could simulate Florida or southern California sometime... I'd love to see Dean trying to avoid wearing shorts in the heat! :lol:

7. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

^^:lol: could you imagine if they made poor dean wear showrts(again) how funny that would be

i have to say i'm not loving either ruby or anna. i don't mind ruby but like was already said i want her to be more bad ass, like she was last season. this season its like the complete opposite of s3 ruby. and anna, i don't know but i didn't witness anything spectacular with her and dean. maybe if it hadn't been so sudden but maybe built up a little over time, you know not a day.
    and i second we need more bobby!
    and castiel i <3 too and i totally agree about the scene in the park. it was great. the writers are showing more depth for him and i think its going to be really cool to see how that pans out.

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:guffaw: More Castiel :drool: that'll make me mighty giddy ;) as you can tell from my icon ...

we'll have an update about exactly how many seals have already been broken in one of the first few episodes back, and Lilith might be further ahead than you might think.

Ben Edlund, traditionally known for more comedic episodes like “Monster Movie” and “Ghostfacers,” will try writing a more emotional, dramatic and heartbreaking episode he described as “terrible,” but that's terrible for the characters, not for the audience.

Gamble, will be trying comedy in an upcoming episode that she promises to be even more meta and self-referential than previous outings like “Hollywood Babylon.” I don't want to give away all the details yet, but it involves the Winchesters finding a book series called Supernatural :shifty: :guffaw:
    ^ Guh so no naked/crying Sam :guffaw: sorry couldn't help myself ;)

There will also be a standalone mystery involving a haunted house with a very disturbing twist as well as more details about the hierarchy of angels and their operations.

and look a picture I've actually never seen ;)

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k292/nicole_eads/Talk/jpb02sg3.jpg

9. HellsBells

*squeeks really hi* That's such a cute photo of him! :adore:
    What I don't understand is, how can they tell us Katie Cassidy won't be back due to "budget" but brings Gen instead?(oh that rhymed) I very much liked Katie more. A lot more. I still don't like the relationship between her and Sam (I still don't trust her fully), but it's growing on me.

The Anna bit? She went from being psycho crazy schizophrenic to Calm, Collected Sane in a hop skippity flash. It was rushed and the sex scene (while ultra sexy hot :drool:) was just misplaced. I could think of some awesome ways that could have gone, right Geni? HAHA

THIS JUST IN::: TEN INCH HERO IS COMING OUT IN FEBRUARY IN THE UNITED STATES! YAY!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

* Squees * Even though I already have it, I ordered it from Switzerland :rolleyes: ... I'm going to definatly buy the dvd, with hopes that there's some sort of funny dvd extras. Bloopers please ;)

I'll leave with some more pictures :)

Dean's a little shocked at seeing
    Sam acting like this with a bunch of guys I know it's Jared, but still :guffaw:
    The guys
    Fooling around
    And I just like this picture
    :guffaw:Run Jared Run

11. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

hahah those are great!! that last one made me lol.
    and oh my that jared one(with all the guys) damn he's buff
    and yay for ten inch hero i, unfortunately, have yet to see it can't wait til february

12. HellsBells

Besty (the writer) says that one of her producer friends is working with the dvd company to add as many special features as possible, so if you already have it, it's going to be worth it to get the U.S. version.

That photo of Jared running with (away from) his dogs is just so adorable. I'm a Dean girl, but when it comes to the actors, I love Jared's personality.:adore:

There is a video of an upcoming episode, and uh.... It's flipping hilarious. Dodgeball, that's all I have to say. :lol:

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Eeek...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0NqOf2kmoI

and

I know which one you're talking about, i was speechless when I saw it and laughed afterwards, I know weird :guffaw: the shorts, the socks :guffaw:

14. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: That pic of the dogs chasing Jared is funny.

that promo... haha I was cracking up at some of the comments made on youtube about it. :lol:

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I actually got tired of having to sit through the boring promos for the other episodes, not saying the episodes are going to be boring, they just lacked Dean and Sam :guffaw: I know, shame on me :p so I took it among myself to tape it and edit it so, if there is anyone like me around, you can just watch This

Only click if you want to be spoiled ;) don't say I didn't warn ya...

I can't believe I'm still lurking on the site ... my fever's over 100 and I just can't get comfortable enough to sleep, not to mention I'm all stopped up and pratically can't breathe out of my nose :( So I've been watching movies and Smallville ... I'm So Loving this look I just love him in this movie...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.