Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

i missed so much this week, i have like 2 pages of reading to do ha.
but yeah i didn't read the spoilers, i'm trying to stay spoiler free(that will last about a week). but i agree with what everyone said way up there, i definitely want the season to start with a bang, straight from the get-go. they need to bring the bad ass back strong this premiere. like Geni said, s3 premiere was ok but not as strong as it maybe could have been.

YAY! :D I didn't mind 'Bloodlust' but it wasn't my favourite episode. I never really got the whole 'Vampire' angle. I thought once was enough for the show, honestly
i agree, i think the whole vampire angel is a little overplayed, unless they bring back the vamps from s1, now that would be awesome.
I miss the way the show was like a horror movie every ep. When they got the on-going villians, that part of the show went away. I like the idea of them fighting things that go bump in the night, not just demons in people's bodies or superdemons or whatever. I like the idea of vamps, werewolves, mummies, zombies etc... I wanna see more of that kind of thing.
i agree a bit too, i like seeing the demons, just because it makes it a bit harder to weed out the bad guys because they look human. but i do like the other monsters, and the urban legends, i miss those a bit too.
^^thats so awesome about comic con, i so wanted to go this year, and its really rad that jareds doing two panels. i wonder if they are going to show anything from his new movie, like a trailer or something.

I'm a huge Supernatural fan it's my all-time favorite show!

I didn't start watching Supernatural until Season 2 about half way through, when I admit I was getting bored with CSI :eek: but that was just a small phase :lol: I've actually been a fan of Jensen Ackles ever since he first appeared on Days of Our Lives, I remember telling my mom he was cute, I believe I was in Middle School at the time or 5th grade, not really sure which one and she says to me, 'come on, you don't know what cute is,' :lol: but I think I sure as heck did :lol:

Speaking of Jensen, anyone seen the movie Devour, I ran across it at Blockbuster the other day and rented it. Normally I don't like movies like that, but he played the part very well and my little sister was over and she was joking with me and she goes, "What's with him and demons," and she went on this long tagent about how demons and such impacted his other characters :lol:

I remember telling my mom he was cute,

last night i showed a friends mom a picture of jensen, and her exact words were "wow, hes perfect" :lol:

i have just started watching the first season, and from the pilot i remember seeing ads for it on tv. i thought it looked like my kind of show but for some reason never got around to watching it. i watched an episode last year when there was a repeat of csi (it was the one with the movie set) and i thought it was amazing! did i start watching every week? again, for some reason no. but thanks to this forum i kept seeing this thread pop up and decided i needed to make more of an effort to catch this show :D now i am very proud to say i am hooked!

this seems to happen with me, all of my favourite shows i never started watching from the beginning.

I agree, I didn't start to watch CSI until like Season 3. Supernatural is way more addicting, well in my eyes than CSI and I'm going to watch it while I can, because I read where Eric Kripke is only making 5 seasons of the show :( I hope he changes his mind.

allmaple said:
this seems to happen with me, all of my favourite shows i never started watching from the beginning.

Heh, same here. I actually think sometimes watching something from the beginning ruins it. :lol: I like catching it halfway through a season and then going back to the first episode to see how different it was. Oddly with Supernatural, they're so great with continuity and style of filming that it really wasn't the case. It's the one show where if I had started it from the beginning, I'd still love it.

^ Yeah, I'm disappointed that he's only going for 5 seasons. This should could easily head for 7. Can't he just give us a happy medium and give us 6? At least the box sets would be even. [/OCD]

And it's really the first time I've heard a creator of a show say that. "Yeah, we're going to quit while we're on top so WOO one more season and that's it." :lol: How does he know this is the 'top' for him? What if the show becomes more popular than CSI and the storylines get better and better? It seems to be a helluva lot more popular in other countries than the US.

Wow ya'll all are fast *needs to learn to keep up*

Shazza, that's only because you haven't seen one of those "reel em in" episodes that they have. Us crazed fangirls were once in your spot, watched an episode that wasn't entirely up to par (Route 666, or Bugs from season one comes to mind) but then we decided to give it another chance and watched one of those really mind blowing episodes (Skin, anyone). Alas, here we are crazed as ever. :lol:

ahaha lol k...I will try and see if I do get addicted to this show! ;) *coughs* not happening *coughs*

*new fan here* :D

I started watching since Shazza put up the Supernatural Icon Challenge, and I've been hooked eversince. I'm at the beginning of the second season now, just watched 'Bloodlust' and I'm gonna watch the next epi in a few minutes :D

Hahaha I put an icon challenge up and Supernatural get new fan(s) hahaha.

That's how I viewed the show at first. It was good content, wasn't crazy about it or anything but I'd watch it if there was nothing else on. It's one of those shows that slowly creeps up on you and you never turn back. :lol: It is actually one of the most genuinely funny and well-written scripted shows out there.

ahaha guess'll have to be patient with it....I must say though I am kinda getting into it...not crazy about it just get but I'm getting there..

And it's really the first time I've heard a creator of a show say that. "Yeah, we're going to quit while we're on top so WOO one more season and that's it." How does he know this is the 'top' for him? What if the show becomes more popular than CSI and the storylines get better and better? It seems to be a helluva lot more popular in other countries than the US.

Maybe he'll be the Brett Favre of TV. Each year when the season comes to a close Kripke will put out a statement saying, "Well, maybe just one more year," and this could go on for five years. :p

i was so saddened the first time i read that. i know i just got into supernatural but i dont want it to be over in two more seasons! maybe he will change his mind since we did lose a quarter of a season this year...

i understand the premise of the show probably has an end point, i just think it could be six (or seven, or eight... :p) seasons to get there :lol:

i understand the premise of the show probably has an end point, i just think it could be six (or seven, or eight... :p) seasons to get there :lol:

Exactly! I'm sure they could keep the show going strong :D :p

Are there any 'supernatural" novels that has resulted from the show (like the csi novels)?

if yes, can you please list them & the author.

Is there a supernatural boardgame or PC game? I hate those, so commercial

Besides the comic books, companion guides and an RPG book, this is what I found so far:

Supernatural: Nevermore - Keith R.a Decandido
Supernatural: Witch's Canyon - Jeff Mariotte

Supernatural: Bone Key (coming soon) - K E a De Candido

There's also something coming out called 'John winchester's Journal' but i don't know if that's gonna be a comic, a companion guide or a novel.

You can also get Supernatural trading cards. There's no board game or video game but there are a few online games.

That's all I could find for now, hope it helps.

here is a very funny article from the cw on the winchesters as fashion icons. i thought it was cute so figured i would share :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back