Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Supernatural #2 -Saving People, Hunting Things, the Family Busines

speed_cochrane;738394^ [B said:
Megan[/b], I know what you mean about the whole 'chick-flick moment' thing. Dean sure doesn't like 'em but he can deliver 'em like no tomorrow. I need to start counting how many times the boys cry because it's a lot more often than a lot of other shows. :lol:

It's nice that they're not afraid to have their 'big tough boys' showing emotions :p

Anybody seen any interviews with Jensen on the set of his movie, My Bloody Valentine? I haven't noticed anything online, but I didn't look that hard. :lol:

Film production mines Tour-Ed's realistic setting

A town sheriff moves through a dark mine that's illuminated by electric lanterns that hang on the craggy walls. He holds a flashlight in his left hand, a gun in his right, as he strides carefully but purposefully forward until -- BAM! -- he's smacked in the side by someone who has been hiding. The sheriff topples to the ground, landing in a pile of mine equipment.

It's just another day on the set of "My Bloody Valentine 3-D," the latest movie production to call Western Pennsylvania its temporary home.
The whole article

Looking forward to this one! :cool:

Hmmm... I didn't realize it was going to be a "3-D" movie. I don't know how I feel about that. 3-D makes me think... cheesey! :lol:

Wasn't there a movie a long time ago called "My Bloody Valentine" that starred that guy that played Mallory's boyfriend Nick on "Family Ties"? I can't remember his name.. Scott something maybe? I was just wondering if this one with Jensen was a remake of that (not that I ever saw that one with the guy from Family Ties) or if it's a completely different movie. It's probably the latter cause I don't think the earlier movie made a lot of money, so I can't really see them doing a remake of it.

Well the one Jensen is starring in is the sequel/remake to the original 'My Bloody Valentine' from 1981 and (There's another with the same title from 2007 but it's a comedy and nothing near what the horror movie is) it doesn't have Scott Valentine in it. You can find information about the original movie here. :)

I thought Valentine was his last name, but wasn't certain. :lol: Thanks for the link. :)

You know, I'm thinking: September is a long way away. We need some sort of topic or discussion going in this thread to keep it from sinking to the bottom... Anyone got any ideas for some type of lengthy discussion that can keep us occupied for a while?

How about:

What is your favorite Dean and Sam and John "family" moment? I know there aren't many, but maybe this could lead to a deeper discussion. :)

:::

I'd have to say my favorite family moment is in Season 1 Shadow. It's the moment we've all been waiting for. Dean and Sam have been looking for their father for months, and he finally shows up when the case that Sam and Dean were on might be related to the demon that killed their mom.

Sam and Dean just survived Meg's attack, and find their father standing at the window sill. Seeing the emotions roll off Dean (Jensen's such a great actor) when he's hugging his father, and Sam's relunctant nervousness was just such a great moment.

Then later in the very same episode when they go their seperate ways, when it's mentioned that Dean and Sam is John's weekness, it goes to show in wordless actions how much John really does love his boys, even though he doesn't always show his love.

I know Dean isn't in this scene, but I really love in "Salvation" when John is telling Sam about the college fund that he started for the boys when they were born. Saying how this was never the life he wanted for them.

I love John Winchester (and JDM). I wonder if they'll bring him back...

how about 'tell a supernatural newbie what the heck is going on' :p :lol:

seriously, i have seen maybe 6-8 episodes and i am hooked! but i do have a question, from the episodes i have seen and the little recap they do at the beginning ive been able to piece some stuff together. but, what exactly happened to sam that dean had to sell his soul to save him? and does sam have some special powers/not exactly human type dealio? i saw one episode after the hells gate was opened, and one demon said she was ready to follow sam for the war and i was like :wtf: so an explanation would be greatly appreciated!

allmaple said:
but, what exactly happened to sam that dean had to sell his soul to save him? and does sam have some special powers/not exactly human type dealio?

Sam was taken to some crazy demon Neverland and was expected by the Yellow-Eyed Demon (the demon who killed their mom and instigated the whole show in the first place) to kill off his competition (4ish other people) to open the Hell Gate and unleash the demon army. However, at the end of the episode, one of his competitors stabbed him right through the spinal cord, killing him. Yeah, the whole 'competition' was a little game for the YED.

So Dean, in his infinite brotherness went to a crossroads and made a deal with a demon so that Sam would come back to life. Unfortunately, the deal also entailed that Dean would only have one year to live and if he ever tried to weasle out of the deal, Sam would die. Basically, Dean was doing exactly what his father did. (Dean was in a coma and his father sold his soul so Dean would live. That's where he got the idea from. It's a whole circle of perpetual sacrifice. :lol:)

Also, it was revealed that the Yellow-Eyed Demon dripped blood into Sam's mouth when he was a baby (which was why he was in Sammy's room during the pilot) so he now has demon blood in him--this is theoretically what allows him to have 'powers'. Up to now, Ruby has stated that Sam's powers are dormant but can be awakened. So technically he should still have them, even if he thinks he doesn't/can't/shouldn't.

I hope some of that helps. If not, someone else would probably be able to better explain it. :lol:

And oh! My favourite family moment was probably during 'A Very Supernatural Christmas' when Little!Dean tried to give Sammy a Christmas because he knew his dad wouldn't be back in time. Even though he gave Sam girl presents that he stole from down the street, it was such a cute sentiment. Pretty comparable to season 1 when Little!Dean sacrificed his lucky charms so Sam could have them and then Sammy gave him the toy in return. So cute.

Last edited:

thanks, that helps out a lot. so was the yellow eyed deman an uber special one over the regular black eyed ones? i heard the yellow eyed one mentioned before and had no idea what it was, so that clears up that issue :D

^^ he was kinds of like the one of main demons i guess, he seemed to have more power than just the run of the mill black eyed ones.

wow, i need to cathc up on this thread, real life can get in the way sometimes ha.
thanks for the articles and interviews Lorelai and Geni!
s4 looks like its shaping up to be pretty interesting, the writers have so much they can touch on next season i can't wait to see what they have in store for us.
and how much do i love jensen after reading what the writer of his movie had to say about him. its great to see how nice and respectful he was to take the time to go up and introduce himself like that. its nice to get to see a 'celebrity' do something kind for once.
I love John Winchester (and JDM). I wonder if they'll bring him back...
me too, hes been pretty cool about popping in though, he was the s2 finale and then he did some voice overs for long distance caller, but i agree it would eb great to actually see him again.

i love those moments you all mentioned too, especially the one from shadow, so touching to get to see them actaully be that way with each other. and the little sam and dean always get to me, its so touching to see that even back then when he was a kid himself, he was always the protector and doing anything he could for sammy.
one of my personal faves is from home in s1, when dean calls his dad because of whats going on in their old house. and how the whole time they don't think their dad will show up, but then at the end we get to see that he was there the whole time with out them knowing it, but he stayed away to protect them. i just love that episode all together, i know this has nothing to do with the boys and john but i also really love how mary sacraficed her ghost self to save sammy. whoo this is a long post, so i apologize ha.

There's a lot of sacrificing one's self to save another in that family. :lol:

I kinda wish Missouri would come back on the show. She was funny. I cracked up when she told Dean he was ugly when he was a little kid, but that he grew up to be nice looking. :lol: And how she could hear Dean's thoughts and was like "Don't you sass me, boy!" Too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back