Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

I got my ticket! I'm seeing it at 10am on the day it comes out, which in aus is thursday. Slightly over 30 hours to wait! On a side note, that is a very lovely picture of Melina in the post above.

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

That's great Aussie! I TRULy hope i will get the movie this week or i will be fuming! :D

Please tell us details (but darn i hope it will be released this week in my country!)

3. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Hi to all :D

The movie comes out here on Thursday as well but I don't have anyone to go see it with (none of my friends like fantasy movies..) and I don't want to go alone! But my mother said she was gonna go see it with me next week, hehe! :D :D

Andromeda - Oh, I guess I'm just really weird when it comes to dubbing, I truly dislike it ;) I wasn't a big fan of Gillian Anderson's German voice either ;) Don't get me wrong, the voice was beautiful but if you know Gillian's real voice it just didn't sound right to me... like she was a different person because these two voices were SO different. It's not as bad with Stella's dubbing voice but well, I still prefer the real thing ;) But as I said, I'm a bit peculiar that way ;) I hardly watch anything in German, unless I have absolutely no choice :lol:

Oh just one more thing, they once did dub Stella's Greek lines in German and it sounded horrible! :lol: I happened to watch the beginning of No Good Deed about a month ago on VOX and "German Stella" tried to say "To vlammeno halase ton kafe mou!" ("the stupid bird ruined my coffee") and I almost had to laugh because it sounded so fake, like she had absolutely no idea what she was saying :lol: And I'm not exaggerating, it was really bad :lol:

rmiller31 - thanks so much for the info! :D I can't wait to watch that! :D

Debbie *huuuug* :D Good to have you back!! :D Aww that would be so cool if you could find those Melina piccies!!! Oh my and I'd love to see her singing the anthem too :adore: Too bad we haven't got that video :(
    Oh btw, great Stella pic of the day! :D :adore:

4. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Hey girls! Just found a clip of Melina on The Bonnie Hunt Show today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAJj71_gwWo

It is absolutely hilarious :) I love the part at the end about the chocolate :lol: I just love this woman more after this.

Aussie, I'm so glad that you get to see the movie the day it comes out :) Have fun. I really hope you enjoy it.

I'm not going to be able to see it on the day it comes out though. I'll actually be home (P.D. Day) but I don't have any money to go see it :( but I WILL see it...

5. rmiller31

rmiller31 Victim

Thanks, Axelsonfire for posting that. I was so glad that Bonnie held Melina over for another segment...a lot of times, she seems too rushed. MK looked gorgeous in all black including her dark curly locks framing her beautiful face.

For those who didn't see the second segment, they talk a little about CSI:NY and show a clip from the show. Bonnie compliments MK as being a great actress who has "a lot of depth, and it shows". I couldn't agree more!!! That's part of what makes her so good and fun to watch. Sadly, no toga clips from Percy Jackson were shown! :( MK also talks of singing show tunes with Gary Sinise between takes and says he knows a lot of tunes and shows...not what I think of when I see the ultra-intense Mac. :)

Her previous appearance, which had her talking about the Browns game I mentioned earlier, was also on the page with the current interview. Her outfit may have been more feminine-looking that time, but I am not as fond of her with blonde highlights...JMHO

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Stellarinas,

Axel, thanks so much for the link; I´m still laughing :lol:, Melina is the most entertaining, funniest, genuine, unpretentious, greatest star a talkshow host could wish for as guest, and you could see that Bonnie had a lot of fun, too :lol:. I could listen to Melina for hours, she and her crazy family are a ceaseless source of wonderful anecdotes.
    So she´s forgiven for not even mentioning the Percy Jackson-movie ;).

Dearest, singing (?:eek::D)LAAAMMM, welcome back :thumbsup:, oh, how I have missed to be called NUT :lol:. So, what are you singing then? Tell, tell :lol:.

Hey, Van, I face the same problem as you, I´ve got to find me a victim who will join me for a non-dubbed fantasy movie, I don´t know them many of them with the same taste as I have :D. But I´m a big girl, I will go alone, if I can´t grab somebody on the neck and pull with me :lol:.

Yeah, I know what you mean, at the end of the day they are different voices, because they are different people, so it´s impossible to find identical dubbing-voices, but for that effort I thought they did a good job with Gillian´s German voice and do a good job with Melina´s.
    I watched "No Good Deed" on VOX, too, but honestly it didn´t occur to me that even the Greek line was dubbed :alienblush::D, I thought they kept this line original. I was just irritated of how they changed the original "Yuk" in "das ist ja ekelhaft- that´s so disgusting", I thought: How can this be lips-synch if they dub one word with four German words? :D

aussie, have lots of fun on Thursday :thumbsup:

Love and hugs to you all

7. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Hi :D

Andromeda - :lol: I agree with you on "das is ja eckelhaft" ( :lol: ) and yes, they really dubbed that line!! :lol: I know I wasn't imagining it because I remember being really shocked, having to hold back my laughter! :lol:

I get your point about the voices, too. As I said, I really like the woman dubbing Melina and Gillian's German voice was beautiful as well :)

Haha, good I'm not the only one having the who-is-gonna-bear-with-me-at-the-cinema problem! :lol:

Axel and rmiller - I LOVE the Bonnie Hunt clip!!! Seriously, forgive my choice of words but this must be the cutest sh!t I've ever seen!! :adore: :adore: Oh, I LOVE Melina... :adore: :adore: I never get tired of watching her, listening to her stories, her sweet laughter... :adore: :adore:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  8. aussieturtle

aussieturtle Witness

Just got back from watching the film. I dont want to say it but I think you will all be incredibly disappointed.

Melina-wise - she is in it for about 3 minutes, says a grand total of about 10 words, and her character offers no input into the story whatsoever. In fact, I would say the line that she says, but that would completely eliminate the reason for going to see the movie. In fact, the line she says is with a British accent which, in all honesty, needs a bit of work. If you really want to see her in this film on the big screen, be prepared to wait until the last 10 or 20 minutes. Otherwise, I would recommend simply waiting until it comes out on DVD, and even then, wait until someone uploads the scene she is in to youtube.

Movie-wise - it really is quite atrocious. Very predictable, the storyline doesnt flow, and things happen that makes it seem as though they ran out of ideas to link the scenes together so they came up with a farfetched miniplot between the parts of the movie that are actually somewhat exciting. The movie is tolerable, but I probably wouldnt give it much more praise than that. That said though, the special effects are wonderful, and in fact the only good thing about it is the aesthetic value. I would recommend waiting until it comes out on dvd, even if only for the special effects and scenery and costumes. That alone made the movie not a complete waste of time in my opinion. Although, the last 20 minutes are quite exciting, but you have to sit through a whole lot of bore and distastrous plots to get that far. And also, the only thing I could not predict before it happened was the identity of the lightning thief.

9. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Oh, what a shame!:( I was really looking forward to this movie! But if Melina's only in it for about 3 minutes, I'll just wait for the DVD.:shifty:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  10. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

it(percy jackson) was out today in New Zealand but i had to work so i'm going to it several times on saturday. in the morning and at night

11. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

it's a M-rated move over here kids can see it if they are with someone over 16 years of age.

there are 5 books in total

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  12. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, aussie, thank you for your review and as I trust you on this, it will prevent me now from wasting money and time for a movie that never really interested me apart from having Melina in a different role for a change than Stella Bonasera. But now that her appearance is so short and meaningless, I can doubtlessly wait until it´s out on DVD or scenes appear on Youtube.
    Somehow I´m not really surprised, though I had always hoped that she´d get some really good scenes and space in the movie, I feared that it might actually be just a few. But what would be even worse is if Melina originally had more scenes and they cut them out, that would be for Melina personally a disappointment, I think.
    So what´s with this special scene between Athena and her daughter, of which Melina spoke so enthusiastically? Is this the line you mentioned?
    And why does she have to speak with British accent?

Bonasera-Taylor, it´s the same here, any kids from age six on can watch the film if accompanied by an adult; it´s the same as with the "Harry-Potter"- movies.

Vanessa, I think, now I won´t have to pester someone into attending the movie with me :D. Three minutes of Melina is not worth it, and I´m not THAT much into fantasy-movies that I´d say OK, I´ll watch it anyway.

Well, I´ll have to watch "No good deed" in German again and this time listen carefully to the Greek line :lol:.

Hugs to all :)

13. *Stardust*

*Stardust* Prime Suspect

Thanks for all the info, aussie. Yeah, somehow I was afraid something like this might happen to Melina's part and I'm really disappointed that it actually did :( But I'm also curious about that one scene she was so excited about! And British accent? Oookay. Very strange. But I gotta admit, that's the last thing that would bug me ;)

Andromeda - yeah, me neither ;) Seems like it's a waste of money and time... and right now I'm really mad at the people producing and writing that movie because the way it seems now, there's not anything in it for Melina and her future career on the big screen because nobody will really notice her when her part is so small! Argh, I'm angry.
    On a different note - yup, watch NGD in German again :lol:

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hi, Van, you can call me Bea btw. ;),

I wonder if there´s also so little of Athena in the first book, or if the script writers changed her into almost non-existant, and I wonder if there´s more of Athena in the other books, which should then mean that there´d be more of her in the sequel movies- IF there will be a sequel and IF Melina can be bothered to play Athena again :D. Those guys here who read the books, could you enlighten me please, thanks? :thumbsup:

I agree with you, Van, this role won´t be much of a help for Melina to eventually trigger off her career on big screen, though I assume that she probably played it mostly for the fun of it. But I´ll continue to hope that one day she´ll really get a great big major role in a great big motion picture :bolian:.

Yes, I shall watch NGD again :D.

Hugs to all

15. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

i haven't been here in ages... but i've just watched to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnvel7-1mwE) interview - melina @ the bonnie hunt show - i believe someone already posted the link... well, anyway.

i just felt like sharing the obvious: what an amazing person she is... i'm not talking about how much of a good actress, or what a good/hot/incredible body she has, neither her brains... she obviously got it all. but... what an AMAZING PERSON melina kanakaredes is!

miss ya guys ;*