Stars Getting Divorced

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Personally, I don't particularly like either of them and I think the relationship was rushed. I'm not at all surprised that they are divorcing. I will say this, unless you are very close to Britney or Kevin, know one knows what really goes on in their relationship, it's just speculation, and information gathered from when they leave their house to when they arrive back.

I was gutted to hear that Reese Witherspoon is splitting with her husband Ryan Phillippe.They’ve been married for 7 years and I thought they just might make it. Now that is a shame. :(

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Yeah! Reesey 'n Ryan! It's so sad.. I loved them as a couple, seriously. They were so cute together.

Hmm, Brit & K-Fed. Don't know. I don't like them both, so.. I have no idea how they were, as a couple. Heard some vague rumours now and then..

Maura Tierney also filed for divorce, earlier this year. She and her husband were too cute together. It's a shame.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As much as I love Eric Szmanda that's how much I hate Britney Spears (trust me that's a lot). Well anyway it does not come as a surprise. Although I have bad mouthed Kevin latley and his appearance on CSI I only disliked him because of his spouse, I admit that. So I hope he takes her for everything he can.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

:lol: wojo apparently he can't do that prenupts, why it didn't shock me is because of her, what was it 55 hr marriage prior to K-Fed. It was reported that mommy didn't approve of her first marriage, lol but did of this one. :confused:

Again as I said "as reported" which is the problem for most stars who try to hide the fact of their divorce, because the media will build up the story using some facts, but only the ones that the stars have stated, and even then I have to question "what was cut from the interview".

If I went by media reports I would have to ask how cold is it that you learn of the divorce via a blackberry? while doing an interview of some sort. Not to mention it just happens to come out after her appearance on David Lettermen to show off her new hair style and figure. Adding to that according to the media she also is hoping to "re-jump start her career".

As to him, he might not be the greatest person on the face of the earth, but all the slinging at him is based on what? they slept in sep hotel rooms, he partied without her, he left her home alone? Ect, ect, ect.

So maybe there was a reason for alot of it, but do you think the media would really truely lol tell the whole story? common its a big game for them to play with the lives of real life people. What they do inside or outside their home is an open debate, when does a Celeb deserve privacy, some say "Hey you went into the light, your stuck" while others say "there is a fine line, and a time when they deserve to have it". When the stars go out of their way to get media attention then thats their bad, but in this case we don't know what was done or said, and honestly I find it funny that they are hyping it so much.

Them as parents if there are ever two people that more then likely should not reproduce they are just one example. Poor kids I mean he might not be dad of the year but she isn't mother of the year either, Again IF you believe media reports. Why would he want custody of the kids when he didn't want the others? Some would say "Money!" but it got me thinking is it about money really Sure its probably apart of it in a way but maybe he trusted the mother of his other children more then he trusts brit, again we don't know, but it was said she (brit) wanted sole custody with him having vistation, alot of divorces don't even have that in the media.

I don't know, personally I don't care for the music of either of them lol but you have to believe that the reporters are all over this one like flea's on a dog, and as long as they can milk it, they will do so. Which in the end is the very sad part for any star out there.

But then again its a question of what is truth, what is false and what is stuck in the middle that no one is or will be seeing. *Shrug* I guess its just another casualty of the saying "If it bleeds, It leads".

Thats just my long opinion. :D

5. Destiny

There goes another Marriage..

Kate Hudson Ex-ed Out

The actress' husband, Chris Robinson, filed for divorce Friday after nearly six years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.

The estranged couple, who tied the knot on New Year's Eve in 2000, have a two-year-old son, Ryder. Robinson, 39, has asked for joint custody and is not seeking spousal support.

6. Destiny

:lol: Way too much for one month.

Pamela Anderson Files for Divorce, Her marriage to Kid Rock lasted less than four months.

Despite the promise of true love that led Pamela Anderson to marry Kid Rock multiple times this year, she is calling it quits with the rocker. -- The "Borat" star has filed a petition for divorce from the musician, born Robert Ritchie, according to documents on TMZ.com.

The papers, filed Monday, Nov. 27 in Los Angeles Superior Court, cites irreconcilable differences. On her official website, the blonde posted the brief confirmation, "Yes, it's true. Unfortunately impossible." -- In July, the "Baywatch" star had announced her intent to wed the rocker in St. Tropez, Detroit, Nashville and Malibu. Although the St. Tropez ceremony took place on July 29 -- with the bride wearing a white bikini -- the official marriage date recorded on the documents is Aug. 3.

7. Tinkerbell

Another one bites the dust. :lol:

I'm was a little surprised when I read that they were divorcing, I did think they would last a while. :eek:

8. Destiny

:lol: yep at least 6 months, My goodness what is it these days.

I really give Kudos to those who have marriages that last for example Kyra Sedgwick & Kevin Bacon who married on September 4, 1988 (18 yrs) and going strong.

Now it marriages like Kyra and Kevin, or [star] and [not star] marriages that would suddenly take a turn, that make me sad. Especially when they are over 12 yrs or more.

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Good news for a change, two divorced celebrities getting together.

Producer Mark Burnett, Downey Engaged
    Nov 28, 6:22 AM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actress Roma Downey and reality-show producer Mark Burnett are engaged, a publicist for the pair said Monday. Burnett proposed to Downey during a Thanksgiving trip to Mexico, publicist Jim Dowd said. Both are 46.

"They have never been happier," Dowd said. "They are enjoying this exciting time with their children and their families."

The couple, who started dating in 2004, plan to marry next year.

"I have found my angel," Burnett said in a statement.

Both have children from previous marriages. Burnett has two sons, ages 13 and 9, and Downey has a 10-year-old daughter.

Downey starred in the TV show "Touched by an Angel" from 1994 to 2003. Burnett is the producer of reality shows including "Survivor" and "The Apprentice."

10. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Today my friend told me something he heardon the radio about starts getting divorced. He was telling me that when he was listening to Howie Carr's radio show they have a new feature of a celebrity divorce pool. We should start one of those on here, that'd be fun.

11. Tinkerbell

Another one (well, one half of a Celebrity)

Christian Slater divorces from television producer Ryan Haddon.

Actor Christian Slater's divorce from television producer Ryan Haddon has been made official, court papers show.
    The couple, who married on Valentine's Day in 2000, separated in January last year citing irreconcilable differences.

Slater, 37, is best known for his roles in Heathers and True Romance. He recently starred in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in London's West End.

He has two children by Ms Haddon, 35, but it is not clear whether his request for joint custody has been granted.

At the time of their separation, Slater's publicist said the couple remained on amicable terms and were "committed to raising their two young children together".

The split followed an altercation in November 2003, in which Ms Haddon was arrested for allegedly hitting Slater with a glass in a Las Vegas hotel room.

No charges were brought against her.

Slater's most recent film is Bobby, which deals with the 1968 death of US senator Robert Kennedy.

Details taken from www.bbc.co.uk

12. Tinkerbell

Eminem divorces for second time

Eminem and his high school sweetheart have divorced for a second time, less than a year after they remarried.
    The rap superstar and wife Kim Mathers agreed to share custody of their 10-year-old daughter, Hailie.

The pair told a judge in Michigan they understood this time the divorce was final. The couple remarried in January.

But the rapper filed for divorce less than three months later, saying there had been "a breakdown in the marriage relationship".

Neither Eminem, 34, nor Kim, 31, commented to reporters after the brief hearing.

'Dignity and respect'

The couple "conducted themselves with dignity and respect", according to Circuit Judge Antonio P Viviano.

Having grown up together in Eight Mile, a suburb of Detroit, Michigan, the couple first married in 1999 but divorced in 2001.

In 2000, Kimberly attempted suicide and sued the rapper for defamation after he depicted her violent death in his song Kim. The couple later settled the case out of court.

Eminem has also been accused of pulling a gun on a man who was said to have kissed his wife, while Kimberly has spent time in jail for using cocaine.

13. Destiny

:lol: I would love to say I am shocked all I am shocked at is how long it lasted. Anything over a month with him and I am definitly shocked. :D

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

He always seems so angry and has a Pi....off look, so unhappy.. lighten up guy.. and would any of you want to be married to him? :eek:

15. Tinkerbell

Rock star Manson set to divorce

Burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese, the wife of rock singer Marilyn Manson has filed for divorce after just a year of marriage, court papers have shown.
    Von Teese - real name Heather Sweet - filed the papers, which were posted by the entertainment website TMZ.com, at a court in Los Angeles on 29 December.

The 35-year-old cites irreconcilable differences for the split.