"Spellbound" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 1, 2006.

1. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I can't remember any episodes of this, but I remember it happened in one of the books...I think it was the one with the CASt killer (can't remember the name)

2. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

^^^ Hey, you're right! I think it's "Binding Ties". Brass was pretty awesome in that.

Thanks! It's been bugging me. :D

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

how slow am I?! I just realised I missed this episode last week! I can't even remember what I was doing last Thursday....oy, brain needs a break! :lol:

Can't wait to read the synopsis and review!

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

This Ep is REPEATING on June 22, 2006.
    For more see the first post, on the first page. :)

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Boost to the top for those who want to talk about it. :)

6. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I found this episode to be eminently rewatchable... I think it was actually much better than we originally thought first time around. The case was airtight, the science of how they actually caught the guy was absorbing, and I still loved the interaction between Grissom, Greg, and Warrick. (His oldest and youngest, aw.) Plus: KEVIN ARNOLD'S DAD, DUDE! TOTAL BONUS!!!

7. MrsGregHSanders

MrsGregHSanders Police Officer

I really liked how Grissom let Greg really take the lead. I know that Grissom and Warrick were right there, but still it was Greg's case!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I was watching the MMVA's yesterday. They had Eric Szmanda on it, and it's the first interview with him I've ever seen (don't watch many entertainment shows), and I was a bit surprised at how unGreg-like he was. I expected him to be very outgoing and cracking jokes, etc., but he was actually very subdued and shy.

I prefer Greg as a funny character as well, but if you remember "No Humans Involved" from Season 5, Greg found a 5-year-old dead boy in a tupperware container followed by Greg and Grissom being shot at. That was an issue in the entire episode as the other CSIs, and even Hodges, spoke to him about being shot at for the first time. I believe this was somewhat of a changing point for the character of Greg. It has been 6 years - if it were anyone else they would mature and change over that period of time as well. One thing I really like about that character though, is that we sort of get to learn and progress with him, unlike the others who are already CSIs.

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good episode.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I did like the straw hat. I wonder if he'll let met share its shade with him <eg>

Question...As of the end of the season, what happened with Warrick? Divorce, still married, what?

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This episode has to be on the top of my list as one of Gregs/Eric's amazing performances- he's so adorable- and his camraderie with Grissom hiliarious- :D so may humorous comments between the two of them - the "sixth sense" from his grandma :lol:and his comment on Gris hearing :lol: he's really a sweetheart and I loved this epsiode because it did feature him and he did a hell of a job ;)

11. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Mel23, as of now Warrick is still married... although he *did* attempt to throw his wife out of the house because of suspected cheating, and he *did* end up with egg on his face when she angrily gave a plausible explanation for her suspicious actions. Whether or not things have progressed or degressed, well... we'll have to wait for Season 7, I guess. Hope that helps!

12. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

This is the first Greg-centric episode that I loved. And I really love the "Nana Olaf" reference lol.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everyone,
    Those of you who had seen that episode, did you understand the last scene where they talked about summerland and summerlin, as they saw something in the psychics note thingy. I didn't quite undertstand it but it was a good episode and greg was so funny!!!

14. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

They were talking about the power of suggestion, the killer had buried her in Summerland, and the psychic said Summerlin, he thought she really knew where she was buried.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh so it left it with a suggestion that the psychic was psychic?