Speed/Rory Cochrane Reality Check?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by MiamiDade, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

You can say that again. :)

2. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Yes, those were the points I was trying to make. I feel I have been misinterpreted - I wasn't saying that Speed fans should 'get over it' and stop missing him! That wasn't the point of this thread at all. I was just trying to point out that some of the comments I've read in the other Speed threads show a lack of understanding as to the nature of Rory's departure and how Speed's death was handled.

I apologize to speedmonkey for possibly overreacting to the 'forced out' comment in the Speed Therapy thread - I can appreciate that it was just talk, and maybe I shouldn't have taken it literally.

I really didn't mean to upset anyone. I stated at the outset that I'm a Speed fan and miss him. I was just trying to clear the air over a couple of things and provoke a good discussion. It's certainly got more attention than I expected! I wouldn't want anyone to feel I was trying to tell them to 'suck it up'. That would be unkind, and I wouldn't want to be told that by anyone. We all handle things in our own way. I just felt that some things were being twisted a little and I don't think that's a good thing.

3. Finch

Miamidade I completely understand your point, and I thank you for making a few things more clear to us. I guess we all just feel the need to defend Rory because we hold him near and dear to our hearts. I also want to apologize for overreacting a few times, and I don't want anything i've said to be taken personally, because at times I can be a little...over the top with my opinions.
    *bows head*

4. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Okay, I am the biggest Speed fan there is , and i was reading this thread wondering if I should voice my two cents and reading what Speed cochrane wrote is very true. I miss the character and what he brought to the story lines( Rory , on the other hand is still alive and well, somewhere). It's just taking the die hard Speed fans a while to get used to not having him around any more. I mean think about it, if a family member dies, do you automatically get over it? To me, Speed was the brooding brother in this tight knit family and his prescence was strong. But in light of this new season * wait for it*... I am all for starting new. I have some serious issues with Wolfe that I won't get into , but I do think everyone deserves a fresh start. Just don't ask me to give up on my Speed easily* runs to the Speed thread* Just my lil observation, hope no offense was taken.

5. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I am so in love with Speed and I miss him dearly anyone else out there feel the same way, there is no way that Ryan could ever take his place not in a million years.

6. loves_csi

loves_csi CSI Level One

I agree 100% with calleighspeedle. There is no one who can
    ever replace Speed in my opinion. I have nothing against
    Ryan, he is just not Speed. :(

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

*sighs* Ryan isn't there to replace Speed.
    Ryan is there to be Ryan.
    No one has ever said Ryan is there to replace Speed.

in LV, is Sara replacing Holly?
    No.

8. Speedle22

Speedle22 Pathologist

in LV, Holly was only in the show for an episode. Speed was there for two seasons. this is quite different. and Holly was new on the job. Speed had been there for a while and the team was close.

9. Finch

And too add to speedle22, speed was actually part of the cast for a while, and Holly was not. She was not meant to stay on the show.

Yes, Ryan is Ryan. I don't expect him to be any less. He just came on a little strong to me in season3, now that i've seen an episode of season 4, I can grow to accept him as well.

10. Ducky

Ah well, that was bad comparing, but STILL my point was that Ryan didn't come to replace anyone.

11. Finch

I agree. He didn't replace anyone. us speed fans are just a little sensitive that they brought someone on so quickly is all.

12. Ducky

Well... how long they should have gone with three CSIs?
    Cal-Eric-H
    Would have been pretty stupid.

13. Finch

How far could they go with five or six? It doesn't really seem to make a difference of how many CSIs there are. As long as it's not just Horatio on the Tv standing there for an hour, then one CSI is enough for me.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Everyone has made really good points here. I too miss Speed/Rory very much and when he was shot I just could not believe it. Whats amazing to me is he and the other actors are so good they "make" us care about them by their incredible acting ability. Anyone can just read the lines but these people bring the words to life. I guess what I'm trying to say is Even tho I loved Speed/Rory I bought the way he died. Their was only a hint in my mind about the "dirty gun" thing. I prefer to believe the gun malfunctioned.....nitebloomer

15. Finch

yeah. I agree. Officially for me this thread is just...over. I have resolved what i was thinking about.