Speed/Rory Cochrane Reality Check?

I know is Rory choice leaves,but not necessarily must him to die ,can write him to transfer the etc.

A writer's main goal is to write stories that will attract viewers and get people talking. In that sense, I don't know that I would've written anything different. I believe that when Lost Son aired it became the most watched episode of Miami's history (later beat by Whacked). Tons, and tons, and tons of people started watching Miami because of the episode (I remember suddenly this board lit up like a Christmas tree). So it may have been a 'lame' way to write Rory out, but it sure was successful. In that sense, the writers won. Rory won, too, cause he also got what he wanted.

The character could've been transfered, of course. But it wouldn't have been favorable to the success of the show. Even the promos would've been boring, "This season, on CSI: Miami..... someone transfers.... to, like, another city and stuff.... WATCH!" Except, no one would've.

Plus, Rory wanted out immediately, and transfering Speed while keeping him in character would've been a multi-episode arc. I don't think it would've worked.

The Rory interview was conducted by CSI Files. Trust me, it's legitimate. Plus, Rory had already broken all ties with Miami and CBS. No one asked him to lie or twist the truth.

See that's what i'm talking about midnight_tiptoes is absolutely correct. All we really want is for Rory to be happy, and he is now. I think that it's more the character we miss rather than the actor. (i've thought about it) We can handle him leaving the show, it's just that we can't seem to forget the character. Like Emily Procter said in an earlier interview a few weeks ago, she feels like she is part of a pop culture moment because of the show. We just see Speed as part of the CSI:Miami family, and we can't seem to let him go as easily.

That's what i've observed anyway.

okay im not saying this is a speed dislike thread because it isn't. be free to have this thread. i said it before. we all have different opinions. rory left the show. the team is upset and acting like robots that he's gone and not giving ryan a chance. this is how people act in real life too. do you tell them to get a reality check? im not saying im depressed that Speed is no longer on the show and i feel like crying and crawling into a hole and dying... you move on and get a new hottie to like or you watch Rory his other work, which i do. rory wanted to leave. we should be happy he isn't 'suffering' anymore with something he hated.

If you read MiamiDade's post, I think the 'reality check' phrase was mainly aimed at those who think there is some sort of conspiracy theory surrounding Rory's departure from the show, hence the implication that he had been 'forced out' (this was mentioned in the Therapy Thread). I would just like to re-emphasize Midnight/ DaWackos' points that there are absolutely no grounds for this insinuation.

I also think the 'reality check' part refers to Speed's death and the way the writers went about it and the cast's reaction to it. In 'reality', most tv show writers show alot less respect for departed characters than the Miami writers have shown over Speed (as was also pointed out earlier).

Personally I do think they showed a lot of respect for his "departure" but It didn't sit quite right with me for some reason. In my mind...we really didn't need an autopsy..we know how he died...I guess that's how they would show Alexx dealing with the death. But...I don't know what i'm trying to say...

But still they had to get the bullet from the body. Besides, they do it in every shooting, so they'd find out what hit killed them etc.

Ok. I was going to avoid this but I feel like I need to express my opinion.

I respect rory's decison. I mean he's a grown man he can make his own decisions.

Do i agree with it. Maybe maybe not. I mean i'm sad that he left. Because speed was a great character. But if it makes him happy leaving then i'm happy for him.

And the whole thing about him being fired that I mentioned over at the speedle therapy thread. I was just talking. I didn't really mean anything by it. I mean things happen in the acting bussines everyday that gets covered up by other things. I was just talkin.

But as a Speed fan I don't think its very fair that other people are basically telling us to suck it up and let it go. Yeah sure we need to and one day we will. But were our own persons...and some people have a hard time letting go then others. Just give us time. Will we ever fully get over it? Who knows...all depends how people think of the situation I guess.

Anyways the above is just my opinion. I wasn't trying to attack anyone or anything. I was just saying how I feel.

I agree with you speedmonkey I even think that some of us will never get over it, so people should stop telling to them to. (sorry for any disrespect)And as I said before, this thread is a little redundant in my opinion for all the races in circles, and we have pretty much driven a hole in the floor by now.

(sorry for any disrespect again)

Since I don't have to agree with anyone's opinion, and absolutely no one has to agree with me, which is fine, I just have the need to get these things off my chest because it absolutely makes me fume when people tell me to "get over it" and "let it go he's gone". Although, i'm trying not to bash anyone, let me remind you that I mean no disrespect to anyone here.

Yeah....and another thing I forgot to mention. Sometimes we may say stuff like he's not really dead. And like my thing is that he's in coma somewhere. I say that to try and help me. Like my location says. I'm in denial. I can't help the way I feel. It's just the way I feel. And not even I can control that. SOmetimes.

This thread is just making me upset. When I feel less homocidal, I will return, calm and composed.

I wasn't going to come back until i was a little more...calmer than I am now...i'm just in an overall bad mood. Sorry.

Back