Speed/Rory #17: 'Just Because You Can't See Something...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

OOooooooooooooo. <raises hand> Me too! He was kind of a curmudgeon and it was great. He kind of reminded me or Red Foreman from that 70's show or even House (i've only seen that a couple of time overChristmas Break with my mom) but I like a slightly cantankerous character. It makes the show more interesting.

I miss Speed.

2. shortea

shortea Rookie

1 month today Is Rory's Birthday Girls!!!
    Would you believe that Our love
    will be 37...

C-ya

P.S.
    Still waiting for him on 24

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Wee! :D

Welcome, Lady_Winchester!

I'm also glad they didn't turn him into another Greg Sanders. Firstly, I think Rory would have been a little too old/mature to play that and secondly, while he does humour really well, he does grumpy even better. :p Miami really needed that kind of character to round out the team and it was a smart idea to go that route.

Agreed. And it even furthers the fact that he was closer with Megan than anyone else on the team at the time. (I believe in the CBS character profiles, they mentioned that Megan took Speed under her wing) It makes me curious as to how they worked together before Horatio came along and it actually makes me a bit curious as to how Speed sized up Horatio when he first showed up, seemingly taking Megan's place. Because Speed and H did work really well together and didn't seem to have any animosity toward one another which is odd because...Speed doesn't seem like the kind of character that warms up to anyone very quickly.

Eww. I'm glad he convinced them not to do that because I don't like it. :D Even though it's a good explanation for the nickname 'Speed'. I swear though, for the first few episodes of Miami, I thought his name was Trace. :eek: :lol:

Are we going to move onto 'Losing Face' now? I'll start it off a little -- but feel free to add to the previous two episodes as well.

-We learned he never wanted to wear a wig/rug. (could be just a general statement but perhaps there's an underlying reason?)
    -It's implied in this episode that maybe he sometimes doesn't think before he speaks. "Top ten ways to get your head blown off."

He became frustrated when Calleigh asked him when he ever worked a bomb scene. "I read books" was his answer, which was very curt. I'm not sure why he was so irritated with the question though. :wtf: It seemed like a perfectly honest question to me since he just happened to know a lot about explosions and bombs. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Man I can't seem to remember anything else about his parts in the episode, I'll need to go watch it again. :lol:

4. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I can't believe he will be 37, he still looks sexy.

P.S I can't wait for him to show in 24!!

5. shortea

shortea Rookie

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. timspeedlefan

timspeedlefan Prime Suspect

I watched the first episode in the the season and just couldn't get into it. However, I WILL be watching when Rory is on also. It'll be better when he's on.

7. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^i know what you mean. i wanted to watch the season premiere of 24, but i couldn't bring myself to see it. if any of you know when he'll be on the show, let me know. cuz thats pretty much the only reason why i'll be watching. XD

8. shortea

shortea Rookie

Much better!!
    Rory can make anything better.

9. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I'll agree that Rory can make anything better :D

Anyway, on this discussion of Speed:
    I think that he started out being the kind of goofy member of the team who didn't care what anyone else thought and spoke his mind. As the episodes got farther along he became the grumpier member who spoke his mind and didn't care what you thought.
    Maybe it's because that's what Rory morphed the character into as he got more comfortable with the role, or perhaps the writers just decided to mix up up a bit more with his character.
    Whatever it was, I liked Speed when he was grumpy :D

10. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I've watched 24 since the show started and it's always been great, it will be even better when Rory comes into the show.:thumbsup:

11. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Hey all you Rory Cochrane fans! I am planning to have a B-day party on line for Rory's Birthday!

I will be Opening to Rooms One will be on Youtube & one will be on My Space. I'm hoping to have them up the week before his birthday on Feb.28 2009.

So if you want to submit content, for the Birthday Video & Slide show please get it to me before the 20th of Feb. I will hopefully open the party site up so that people may go in and out to leave Birthday wishes on the comments.

I will post a message with the Info on the room addresses as soon as I get them ready to post! I will also post it on my Comments on my Youtube page wtchis at
    http://www.youtube.com/SDFlash1 soon! so please check on the My Comments section on my Youtube page on my site for info.

You may also come to my My space page at http://www.myspace.com/soddyflash where i will be posting nfo on my blog page soon!

You may send Funny Pictures, Video of yourself Saying Happy B-day or a group of people or maybe a funny parody of CSI Miami, 24, or even one his Movies would be good, or video of Rory as long as its not over 2min. and is in Wav. MP4, Or MP4a formats so it can be edited in Movie maker and downloaded onto my youtube page also. you can also send me a text message if you want and i will Paste it to the video formate that I put the rest of the messages in. All content due by Feb. 20, 2009 so it can be edited and put together for the displays on pages!!!!

Please Send all content to roryparty37@yahoo.com .

I will be sending this stuff to Rory so please put a little thought into it and try to let him know that we are his biggest fans.

If you have any questions please send them to the address above and I will try to answer as soon as possible.

I have been very busy lately and haven't been able to be on My pages as much.
    So please remember to read all post carefully. Also be sure to check the blog on my MySpace page and on My youtube page in the comments section.there is a link at the top of youtube page for My space page and I will try to get some info up in a few days!

MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERYTHING! I WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT ARE ALREADY ANSWERED IN MY COMMENTS ON YOU TUBE SITE &
    BLOG POST ON MYSPACE PAGE !!!!!

Lets do this People!!! Lets invite lots of people and show them how to throw a party !!!!!

Thanks have fun with it !!!!!!

12. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

^^aww thats sounds like a cool idea, i hope lots of people join in i'll see if i have anything to contribute.

holy crap people, i haven't been here in like 3 weeks and i come back and there's like 3 pages of discussion i missed ha. how has everyone been?

13. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I'm brilliant, thanks. I've been busy with my 2 kids lately and I've not been able to spend as much time on here as I would like.

Since It's Rory's birthday next week I'll need to rummage through my photobucket to see what photo's of Rory I have.:thumbsup:

p.s, Jon Voight debuts in 24 in 2 weeks time on 24 in a double bill special. Hopefully Rory will be in the show very very soon!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  14. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I wish they would hurry up and put him on there, Maybe they are waiting on his B-day to put him on! Lol! Nice b-day present.

By the way I'm trying to get the B-day party rooms finished so if you have anthing special you can either send it to me at rorysparty37@yahoo.com or you can wait and post it on the site comments in one one of the rooms.

You guy please spread the word about the rooms! i hope that we have a good amount of people to signe in. I am going to send him copies of the stuff in the room so that he knows that the fans care about hime still so please get as many fans as you know to come. I will post the Room link hopefully by Monday and then people can start signing the comments. If we get a good responce maybe we can do this every year, and maybe for others on the show!

15. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Ok All you Rory Cochrane Speed freaks The Rory Cochrane Online
    B-day Party Starts today! His B-day is Feb.28Th, but I wanted to get the rooms
    open by today so that people would have time to visit and sign the comment section
    and wish him a Happy B-day. Please visit both sites and sign comments and please
    invite others to leave him a meassage. I would like to be able to send all the messages to him
    and let him know his fans love him!!!!! So lets show him we miss him. Here are the links to the Rooms.

http://www.youtube.com/rorysparty37

www.myspace.com/happy37bdayrory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.