Something That Wasn't a Comedy But...

Ducky

Master of the Moos
... you laughed anyways?

You ever watched a movie that is not listed as "comedy" but you've laughed so hard during the movie? And it felt like it was the best comedy you've seen for a while? Why did you laugh? Do you watch it again just so you can laugh?

For starters I have two.

The Village. We watched it at dorm and people had so much fun. It wasn't so scary and I was highly disappointed.

Terminator 3. We saw it at cinema and everyone there laughed tears in their eyes. The scene where Arnie holds a coffin and shoots with a machine gun. People just laughed and laughed.

I laugh at a lot of TV shows and movies because of the actors. Like, say, Julia Louis Dreyfus' new show, "New Adventures of Old Christine" wasn't really funny, but I laughed at her parts because she was hilarious in Seinfeld.

Well, I have a couple. Some are TV shows.
Like, when I was watching "Rescue Me" and the whole crew ganged up on Tommy because he was sleeping with his Cousin's wife. I started laughing so hard and it wasn't funny. It was actually quite sad. But I just sat there and laughed...

And the movie "A Beautiful Mind". Don't get me wrong, I love the movie, but I kept laughing all the way through it so I wouldn't give myself a chance to get depressed because it's so sad.
Laughing makes everything make you look like a psycho.

Have any of you seen the Evil Dead Trilogy?

Definatly a set of films that make me laugh. Apparently the first of the three is supposed to be serious, but you can't help laughing at it.

The Ring :lol:

well for starters, when we watched it, we had already seen scary movie 3, so we couldn't take it seriously...and one of our friends talked through the entire thing, so it wasn't scary...
but the best bit...we were watching a copy that my friend bought when she was over in Japan (legally) and for some reason, we couldn't get the English subtitles off, and they were translated back so badly we could not stop laughing the entire movie...my personal favourite translation was: 'Cabin 12' was translated back into English as 'Kawan Tom' :lol:

Oh, the subtitles often amuse me. Once we watched a movie on TV and subtitles went about 5mins ahead so those didn't fit at all and it was so amusing.

Deep Blue Sea. It was so predictable and we always guessed what will happen next and then laughed and cheered when it happened.

Jeepers Creepers. :lol:

I went to see it at the cinema, it started off okay until the girl in the film ran the killer (or creature) over and kept reversing over him, it was well funny! :lol: It didn't stop there the rest of the film was just as funny. It wasn't just me who was in hysterics it was also a good majority of the cinema. :eek:

I laughed my a$$ off at Titanic. Apart from the general crapness of the movie itself, I found the bit where Kate Winslet's character tells Leo that she'll never let go and then proceeds to try and pry her hand out of his dead grasp. I'm sure they didn't mean for it to be funny, but it was hilarious. :lol:

Oh, and City of Angels - there were about 20 people in the cinema when I went to see it and we were all wetting ourselves due to how bad it was. Nick Cage looking constipated in the fruit market? Side splitting. :lol:

The Forgotten, being a huge julianne moore fan, i was very disappointed at the ending...and as someone has already said The Village, imho, it's just idioitic

The Exorcist..I saw it when I was 16 at a friend's birthday party and we were all laughing. There were a couple scenes in that movie that had us nearly peeing our pants.

the forgotten. ive never laughed soo hard before. when the people fly up into the air omg thats hilarious

I laughed my a$$ in Alaska, a kids movie, with Vincent Kartheiser in it. It was SO cheesy, every line of dialogue he said had me in tear of cringy laughter.

VK's character:
beginning of movie: "I hate you all."
middle of movie: "Give up all ready there is no hope."
end of movie: "We MUSTN'T give up, yes I was moody before but now we must work together to achieve our goals."

(These weren't actual quotes, but the general idea.)

forensicsgirl said:
I laughed my a$$ off at Titanic. Apart from the general crapness of the movie itself, I found the bit where Kate Winslet's character tells Leo that she'll never let go and then proceeds to try and pry her hand out of his dead grasp. I'm sure they didn't mean for it to be funny, but it was hilarious. :lol:

I laughed there too :eek: First two hours I was yawning and I swear when 80% of the people (mostly other teenager girls) started to cry, me and one man from our village, we were laughing there so hard :lol:

I've laughed part of the way through The Ring and then again throughout The Village. I laugh at basically everything that's pretty much unrealistic.

My mom and my sister laughed all the way throuogh the movie The Day After Tomorrow. I still haven't seen it though.

Back