Sofia Milos To Leave 'CSI: Miami'

CSI Files

Captain
Fans of Yelina Salas received some disappointing news today, as <font color=yellow>Mike Ausiello</font>, of TV Guide's Ask Ausiello column, announced that Sofia Milos has been written out Miami.

The columnist broke the news to a fan who asked what season 4 had in store for the Horatio-Yelina romance. "I've got bad news for ya. Sofia Milos (aka Yelina) is gone for good," Ausiello said. "My Miami mole tells me the Horatio-Yelina thing ran its course and a new love interest is on the horizon for <font color=yellow>David Caruso.</font>"

Milos was first introduced to the show in the season 1 episode "Simple Man," where she was revealed to be not only Horatio Caine's widowed sister-in-law, but the object of his affection. The actress was featured all through season 2 as a guest star, and was finally granted star billing in the season 3 premiere, "Lost Son."

Salas was last seen in the season finale, "10-7," where her husband Raymond Caine finally revealed himself after his family thought he had been dead. Yelina and her son boarded an airplane bound to Brazil with Raymond as per Horatio's insistence. Though Raymond Caine's safety depends on him staying out of the country, actor <font color=yellow>Dean Winters</font>, who portrayed Raymond, hinted there is a good chance that we'll get to see him on the show again (news).

Horatio Caine's last romantic interest was State Attorney Rebecca Nevins (portrayed by <font color=yellow>Christina Chang</font>). Nevins last appeared in the episode "Cop Killer," in which Horatio broke their romantic ties due to conflict of interests. Though Caine has been seen flirting with various one-time characters, his main romance continues to be with his job. His upcoming lady-love might be the real thing, but it is not yet known if this new character will join Miami permanently.

Head over to TV Guide's Ask Ausiello column to read the original report.<center></center>

Well, I'm not sad LOL! I didn't like her character. And I kept begging for a romance between her and Horatio to NOT happen. That would have been just sick. Horatio with his dead brother's wife.

SHOCKED!
Not that I liked her that much, but I didn't expect them to fire her off the show. I am defenitely not satisfied with the way she left the show. But that had more to do with the fact that Raymond suddenly was alive and she just left with him. 10-7 was a horrible episode... There should have been more scenes with Horatio/Raymond or Raymond/Yelina after it was such a long running arc on the show.

I guess you don't have to delete it, as long as people still worship the relationship they had. Fansites around Speedle are still active as well, people have not forgotten him.

NOOOOO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
the Horatio-Yelina thing ran its course?
EXCUSE ME!
They spend soooooo friggin much by creating all that stuff, Madison and all and they just get rid of her?
No fucking way...

Well I personally don't think it ran it's course. It's like they're just going to leave it hanging. . .permanently. And really, if I was Yelina and my husband was Raymond, I'd killed the guy (besides, if he's already dead it's not like she can get charged with murder). I'm going to try and be optimistic and hope she comes back intermitantly. Especially since the guy who plays her husband mentioned he might be coming back.

As i posted in Miami...

Thing is i have been to her "Official Site" and there is nothing about it on there that i could find, wouldn't she put something up saying goodbye to her fans?

Also i was at "The Futon Critic" no news about it there, or at this time "TvTome" or even "Zap2it", Course that could just mean nothing official has been released.
But if you read the article here, Dean Winters (Ray Sr) hinted that going to brazil left it open for him to return at anytime.

Course i have quoted Ausiello a couple times, but i also look at him as a Gossip guy anyway, he was on the "Sure side" that Tv show "Charmed" was not being renewed for season 8 he had a source (ie mole) inside telling him this and guess what, the "Wb" picked up "Charmed" For an 8th season.

So not saying its a lie, not saying its true, what i plan to do is treat it like a rumor until we know for certain and it's officially stated.

Well, its a pretty darn shocking rumor. I never really liked Yelina, but I never saw this coming... guess we'll just have to really wait until the new season or something official is released before we start mourning her loss.

She never had enough screen time on the show. We never got to know her as well as we should. Therefore, she was my least favourite character. Maybe if we had seen her more, then I'd like her.

Ohh im really upset I was hoping for h/y to get together! ***sobs*** Oh well I suppose I wish her all the best.

Gosh, this is the best news ever! I hated yelina from the start, and I growled at the TV - literally - whenever I saw even the smallest hint of the HJ/Y relationship...

of course, how are they going to explain her leaving? Gosh, i hope they kill her off. Maybe she and Ray Jr (irritating kid, Madison is so much cuter) both get killed! That would cheer me up greatly. :)

Back