So You Think You Can Dance!

Last night was certaintly interesting!

Musa/Natalie: I felt like she wasn't doing much... Last week it was all tricks with Natalie showing off. This week it felt like the opposite.. we watched Musa do a lot of tricks while Natalie traipsed around the stage... I was not impressed...

Heidi/Ryan: My eyes were on her the whole time. Honestly, I think the bottoms she was wearing were the skimpiest anyone has worn YET on this show. Not her fault, but oy! My attention was on her, though. She definitely pulled it back and toned it down, but I've never connected with Ryan on the dance floor. Back when it was between Ryan and Jason to go home, I wanted Ryan to go home, because I never ever felt a dance connection with Ryan. In this dance, she shined, he did a fine job with the movs, but he never grabbed me as a performer.

Ivan/Allison: Woah. BEAUTIFUL, especially on the part of Ivan. I'm not a huge Allison fan. I think she's fine technically in her field, but have never found her engaging to watch when she did her solos. She's talented, but, like Ryan, I never FELT her. Ivan, I thought just wasn't up to snuff with all the other dancers... They both shined last night. It was incredible! The movements were really fluid, and mature, and for once, neither was wearing a goofy grin. They really accomplished something in that dance... part of it was winning me over, at least for the night! Last week I thought it was right for them to be in the bottom three.. this week, it would be completely wrong to see these two in the bottom three... This may have been the routine of the night!

Dmitri/Ashlee: Have I ever mentioned how much I ABHOR "Pop?" I just can't stand the dance style, even in music videos... Poor Dmitri and Ashlee... They did ok with what they were given, but I hated the choreography. Ashlee was more engaging in this duo, though. My eyes were definitely on her, because she was playing a character, she found a way to make that horrible dance work... Probably the most obvious choice for bottom three this week, but it's because of awful choreography, and that's sad.

Martha/Travis: WOAH. I was thoroughly impressed with this. For the first time EVER, they danced as a real couple. There was a connection between the two of them that has never been there before. Martha looked elegant, and Travis looked really strong and masculine with his mohawk pulled down. It was really beautiful to watch. Unfortunately, it was so fluid, that I'm afraid America won't like it.. America likes things to be upbeat and energetic, and have trouble appreciating the slower dance numbers...

Benjelle: Which this was NOT. I don't think a heck of a lot of new technique went into this one for these two... I'll say that upfront. However, BOY did it take a lot of stamina, and gradual usage of energy. I think THAT was their goal for this week's choreography. Honestly, probably my least fav they've ever done, but GOSH these two are STILL entertaining! They are such a joy to watch, that you forget they're doing funky choreography... and I really do think it represented "Hairspray" well. People keep comparing this "Broadway" to the one Martha and Travis did, and it's not fair... these are two different styles. You can't compare them... this may not have been stellar choreography, but DID YOU SEE BENJI'S KICK!? And, once again, these two are so darn ENTERTAINING!

Bottom Three Predictions?

Dmitri/Ashlee
Ryan/Heidi (just NO connection there)
Musa/Natalie

(At least, that's how it SHOULD be, because Ivanison should NOT be in the bottom three, and Benjelle are far too popular because they are sooo much fun! Musa/Natalie MIGHT be traded for Martha/Travis, though... even though MT had a better night than MN, MN have a huge fanbase....)

The end :)

What's up with last night's elimination of Allison? She was definitely one of the top 2 girls, so was Natalie.

I agree. I really have no clue why they eleminated Alisson.

My favourite dance of this week's episodes:

Travis and Donyelle Hip Hop

I hate the song (London Bridge by Fergi. Egh), but the combination of the costumes and actual dance made it to be one kickass performance. The masks were a cool addition.

I semi agree with America's choices but since it is getting down to so few it is so hard to tell who is the best out of all of them they are all such amazing dancers...I don't think my sad attempt at ballet could ever match the versitility that is shown on the show :( as of now Benji, Travis, and Heidi are my favourites, but they change every week too bad I can't vote

I didn't care that Allison left. I mean, she is so super talented, but I can rarely connect to her dancing. The permasmile, mostly, pulls me out, but, more than that, it's the fact that she still has much to learn as far as emoting.

Donny is my number one girl, followed by Natalie. So, I didn't mind if Heidi or Allison was the one to go this week.

As for boys, I think it should be Ivan this week. He's a good dancer, but I don't think he's up to the same standard as the other two men.

If you want to know the rumored partners for next week, I'll post 'em. But, only if you want them. :)

Back