Sig.Bann.Chall.Thread #3 - Ch. #38 - Too Sexy For My... ~ Now Open!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by starzsgirl, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Re: Sig.Bann.Chall.Thread #3 - Ch#26 - Eyes - Now Open!

Finally got mine in today, good luck to everyone:)

2. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

I've got one done, 2 more to go...they'll be in today..if RL doesn't get in the way again

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

It's totally fine, Sophia. You have until Sunday to get them done, no need to hurry. :p

4. shazza_018

^^I Know but I'm going away for a few days so I may not be here for the rest of the week! Thats why I wanna sort all this out before I disappear and I also have a few other challenges to do! :p

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^*gasp* Sophie's disappearing? :(

6. shazza_018

^Yes....:( Its complicated...we'll talk on MSN (You added me! :eek:)

Mine are finally in :) just waiting for Sara's reply..but before i do disappear I wanna say good luck to everyone and I look forward to voting later on in the week! :)

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I did get them, Sophia no worries. :)

8. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Sara, I am afraid. I won't enter. I have to say mostly because of time issues but also because I am not really getting a creative high out of the provided caps. For that theme, I would have loved to have some more focused shots of the eyes. That ppl are averting their eyes or that you just can see one out of two eyes and some are blurry is distracting me. I know I know, it is called CHALLENGE - I do see the point - but you asked for comments so I thought I let you know how I - supposedly alone with that opinion - think about it. Usually I am happy with the caps you pick, so this is first time I feel that way.

9. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I'm sending mine now.

I agree with BonaTaylor in some respects - it's not easy with all the caps to focus on eyes. I found this challenge quite hard. But then it is a challenge!

10. shazza_018

^^Indeed some caps were difficult to work with but I was able to focus on the eyes after messing around with the cropping but this is a Challenge right?!

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm sorry that people are having issues with the caps, but when I asked what everyone would like provided caps or to find there own.....the majority said they wanted provided.

I had to find caps for this theme quickly because the ones I wanted to use were lost when my hard drive on my laptop died. I did the best I could because I didn't want to have to leave everyone waiting. Again I'm sorry.

The next challenge, and the ones that well proceed this, will be find your own caps. If there are going to be issues with using provided caps, then it's everyone for themselves.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  12. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

No worries Sara. You don't have to apologize! I think it is great that you provided caps :) And they were not that difficult to work with. As Dee said, it is a challange! And with difficult caps you have to be even more creative and really think/work hard on your banners. ;)

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I agree...when you are provided with caps I think you try and be even more creative because you want your banner or icon to look even more individual :D

14. shazza_018

Just thought I'd quickly pop in since I have a minute...Sara, there's no need for you to apologise...you did your best finding caps :) I had a bit of trouble with caps but thats why its called a challenge!

I'd be happy to find them myself in the next round fingers-crossed that I'm able to be here and enter next round! :)

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

This is a challenge and it's not always going to be easy, sorry to be so blunt but it's the truth.

If people don't want to enter because of the quality or the way the caps look then I'm fine with that. Again this thread is meant to challenge the artist.

Considering the past challenge and now this challenge people have complained about how hard the cap was to work with or the quality of the cap. I've bent over backwards to try to appeal to the majority and still keep it a challenge, but I've hit my breaking point.

So I'm sorry to the majority who wanted provided caps and sorry that this had to happen the way it did.

Perhaps there will be sporatic challenges where caps are provided, but we'll see how I feel in the future.

Thank you to those who have left positive feedback. But I have to apologize as I had to hurry to get the challenge up so I am at fault to a point.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.