Sheldon Needs Some Lovin'!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I know we all worry about CSI:NY being overrun by romantic relationships - heck, I'm one of the first people to be hesitant about any hint of that kind of thing, even if I think the characters have chemistry.

But it's about dang time Sheldon Hawkes got some lovin'!

Danny and Lindsay got married, Flack has had a couple love interests (Angell being the most obvious one), Mac had Peyton, Stella has dated a few guys (although her taste could use some work, but that's a different thread), Sid is married - heck, even Adam got to be flirtatious with Kendall in season 4!

So why on earth is Sheldon being left out in the cold?

I mean, think about it. He's brilliant (hello, Doctor Hawkes!), good-looking (not to mention that he dresses well ;)), hard-working and he's obviously a really nice guy. If this was real life, women would be flinging themselves at him right and left. He'd be fending them off with a stick. Hell, he'd be fending me off with a stick. :adore:

And yet, we're approaching the end of season 5 and he's gotten a whole lot of nothing in the romance department. He gave a drunk girl his number before she died a few years ago. Whoop-dee-do. :shifty:

The inclusion of Kara earlier this season (in "Help") was a perfect opportunity to give Hawkes a love interest - and yet we never got a scene with the two of them interacting in the present! We got a few flashbacks, and that was it. Sheldon reconnecting with a beautiful, intelligent, talented woman from his past would not only give the good doctor some much-needed female attention, but it would also provide for a nice recurring storyline (since their characters obviously had history). However, TPTB totally dropped the ball.

After five seasons on the show, there's no excuse for it. Sheldon needs some lovin'! Bring Kara back, let him meet someone at the coffee shop, introduce a feisty FBI agent with a weakness for glasses - just don't let him spend another season all alone.
    [​IMG]
    Who's with me?

2. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

*Raises hand high!*

I agree. I think it's about time! You are right, in real life, women would be falling all over him!

3. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

*raises hand* I agree! :D

Poor Sheldon never gets a girl (or a boy :lol:). It's not that I want cheesy romance for him, but just give the poor man something! Even if it's something so small as, dunno, someone else from the team inviting him to a drink and a match at the bar after work and Sheldon answering sheepishly, almost apologetically "sorry, I have a previous engagement".

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yes! Bring on some loving for the good Doctor Hawkes. :D I'd personally love to see him meet some sort of expert witness or fellow scientist on the case and fall for her mind as well as her no doubt stunning looks (this is CSI: NY after all ;) ). I think whoever she is, she has to be smart and savvy--definitely someone able to keep up with Hawkes! A doctor perhaps?

5. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Definitely! Sheldon needs some loving!

(Adam would do the job... :shifty: )

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

[​IMG]
    ...Hey! Yeah! What is up with that?

[​IMG]
    Whoa, five years? ...five?? ...daaaaaamn.

[​IMG]
    ...I mean, I'm adorable, sweet, nice, modest, all that...

[​IMG]
    I'm a trained professional of the highest caliber...

[​IMG]
    ...good looking...

[​IMG]
    ...and a pretty snappy dresser.

aw, I'm with y'all :lol:

Just a dabble, something fun, but something worthy, nothing drekky or cheesy, or even ongoing, ...just a lil sumthin. :D

Hell, after five years, any material that's devoted to his character at all would be welcome. A little lovin' certainly counts.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  7. lilredjag15

lilredjag15 Victim

Can we please get Sheldon a life and more screen time?:thumbsup:

8. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Hellz yes.

He's a hot genius doctor! Who doesn't want somma that!

I don't suggest they pair him off and get him all settled down, happily ever after like they seem bent on doing a lot, but one thing I've liked about Sheldon is that whenever they do give us a peek at someone he might be dating it's actually...

get this...

it's always been someone who DOESN'T work in the lab! Wow! Can you imagine?! Someone who works for the department who's NOT also shacked up with someone in the department. :lol: I do love it when they take the time to remember there is a city of 8.2 million people beyond the walls of the lab.

That aside, Hawkes definitely needs to be utilized to his full potential. He deserves it after kind of getting the shaft in his first season in the field.

9. Faylinn

That picture of Hawkes with the teddy bear reminds me of another point in his favor - he's good with kids. Guh. My ovaries approve.

He always shines when he's got something that really focuses on him - in addition to getting some attention at work, he really needs some attention from the ladies when he's off the clock. And it wouldn't take much to show us - how about if he gets called away from a nice dinner, gives his lady a kiss and promises to make it up to her? Then at the end of the episode we could see him picking up some flowers on the way home. Two quick scenes that would establish that he's got a lucky lady waiting for him, and also to tease the viewers with a little bit of affection. :devil: Is it a bit hot in here, or is it just me? *fans self*

(I second the idea of him dating a doctor - intelligence is a total turn-on, and seeing two beautiful, intelligent, capable adults together in a mature romantic situation would be so hot.)

Well, I'm with you there, but that might be too much :devil: - TV sets around the world might explode, and who would pay for them all? Hehehehe. ;)

ETA: I'd forgotten how much I love the picture I posted when I opened this thread - so I had to make it my avatar. :D

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  10. Faylinn

Eight people think Sheldon deserves a little lovin'? Is that it? *prods* I know we're not the only ones.

Do we need to add a poll to the thread? :p

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I totally agree he needs lovin! :)

BTW love the cap with the teddy bear.

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I support this request!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

But please bring Kara back. She was adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: No need to remember Peyton, Fay! :D

13. Faylinn

I really think the storyline with Kara had a lot of potential for Sheldon - and I'm disappointed that the writers didn't explore it. If they got back together, there is drama built in already, and at the same time they have history, so they could be in a serious, sweet relationship right off the bat. Win-win!

*sends TPTB mental vibes*

14. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

Faylinn - Sorry! ;) With you all the way!! Sheldon, is brilliant, funny, fantastic lookin, and sexy! What more can one add, TPTB are you listening? With all the above qualities and probably more than I have time to mention you are wasting valuable opportunities to provide your faithful viewers!! with interesting stoylines for our sexy Doc and of course a little lovin' wouldn't hurt. :) Just remembered another great quality! Hill Harper can act! TPTB are you out there????:lol:

15. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I approve. :D

I definitely think Hawkes needs some lovin'. And I bet a good portion of this thread would readily volunteer for the cause. :D