"She Started It!" - The Danny/Maka Thread

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by BittenByTheWolfe, Apr 12, 2005.

1. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Ok, so I'm one of, hmm, probably two or three people on this board who loves the idea of Danny and Maka together. I know she's only been in two episodes but it was enough to sway me...they're meant for each other. Oh, the road might not be smooth and I'm sure there will be plenty of bitch slapping (on her part, of course) but there's no denying it, they have chemistry.

Think about it. Danny's always trying to act all tuff and kewl, right? Then Maka comes in and makes him act all goofy and blushy...

[​IMG]

See? Totally smitten. And you know, Maka isn't exactly immune, either...

[​IMG]

So yeah, let's, you know, discuss them and stuff.

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

You started it!

Heh.

I'm so in love with these two. They're meant to be. Why? Because Mac said so.

Dammit, Kelly Hu really needs to come back.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't know, I still can't feel the Maka love. I think if Danny gets with someone on the show, it should be Aiden. Maka is just a new person who we don't see much, she isn't in the clique. I guess she has to prove herself to me. LOL. I guess when I see her she makes me mad bc I feel like she's trying to steal Danny!

4. midnight_tiptoes

Yes, but since there hasn't been an indication that Danny likes Aiden like that (or vice versa), we'll have to ship him with someone who does like him.

Like that.

She likes him like that a lot. Long time.

5. BittenByTheWolfe

Who's to say she isn't in the 'clique'? Take, "Till Death Do We Part" for example. When Mac made his adorable little joke about dragging the body outside (Hee! Mac's a D/M shipper!) she says "Sorry, Mac." Not, "Sorry Det. Taylor." There's familiarity there that could possibly mean that she's closer than we've been allowed to see.

6. midnight_tiptoes

I agree Maka seems as close to the team as Flack is. She jokes around with and in front of Mac. To joke around with Mac, I think you have to have a certain level of closeness. And I could SO see her hitting the bars with Stella and Aiden.

I think she fits. A lot. I really hope she comes back.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, I didn't mean it that way. I just meant we haven't seen her on the show much. I just need to warm up to her. Fine, fine, you're right. Danny does need to get together with her. It would be hot.

Do we know for sure she likes him?

8. midnight_tiptoes

I'm pretty sure. She was checking him out hard core in TDDWP, and then when Mac made that comment about leaving them alone they both blushed (check out the back of Danny's ears. They're red!).

Something I've always wondered. In Tri-Borough, Danny calls her Kaile and she corrects him, "It's detective Maka now." It just seems so... I don't know, personal, like they had a relationship in the past and they're adjusting to being apart or something. And then there was the whole deal about her getting shot. The way it was written makes you think he was around when it happened.

These two are a cipher, a cipher wrapped in an enigma, covered in secret sauce.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, you all know that I think Danny should be with Stella in the long run, but I totally see Danny/Maka potential for now. They spark together--they're both young and fun and balance each other out well. Danny needs someone who can deal with his dramatics, and as Bitten and I have discussed, Maka would totally take that in stride. And she'd totally dig getting a little Danny action. Who could blame her? :lol:

10. Guest

Guest Guest

FINALLY! a thread for this adorable couple! I hope the writers put Maka in more often and build on her and Danny. Oh and that pic of them blushing, soooo cute! :D

11. BittenByTheWolfe

Yeah, that "It's Det. Maka" line had me wondering. You see, in Tri-Borough I got the sense that there was maybe just friendship between the two, although I wasn't sure how deep it possibly could be (however, I did feel it was certainly deeper than just a regular friendship between two coworkers.) So at first I felt like this line could have meant that they hung out while she was taking time off and, by saying this line, she was just sort of reintroducing the professionalism to their relationship. Not that she necessarily meant that he call her Det. Maka from then on, but more as a "Yeah, I'm happy to be back, doing my job as a detective," if that makes sense.

12. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

She is very hot and it would be cool to see this ship.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Kind of like she's asserting that she's back on the job? I could totally see that. Though her tone did kind of suggest he shouldn't be so informal on the job. Which is kind of funny, considering she called him Danny throughout the episode. :lol:

14. BittenByTheWolfe

:lol: Yeah, in the end it was probably just a line for the benefit of the audience, so that we know her full name. But where's the fun in overanalyzing that?

15. midnight_tiptoes

And then she flirted with him in front of his boss. Maybe she was just teasing. Or like Bitten said, so we'd know her full name is Kaile Maka.

Screen cap. Is what I do best:

[​IMG]

Look how cute Kelly Hu is. It's like as soon as she's done with this scene she's going straight into the set of Sailor Moon.