**Season Nine Spoiler Lab**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

That is fantastic news for Emily. Wish her all the best!
    As for Calleigh being pregnant- I dont want to see that happen. It would seem rushed and I dont think it would fit at the moment.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well considering her previous statements when she more than once said she was tired and she wanted a family more than anything else, I think it is quite safe to think this might be her last season.

As for Calleigh's possible pregnancy I've already said it a couple of years ago when she said she wanted to create a family....I don't want any of it...not even a hint. I'm not saying that I want her character to die (oh well it would be quite funny also because she said she wanted Calleigh to leave Miami in a body bag :lol:), but I don't want her to be pregnant....I've already said this, but I would prefer to see her leaving the lab (even dead), rather than pregnant ;)

I sure hope this time TPTB won't change idea because of fans screaming or creating some twitter/web campaigns in favour of this storyline. I certainly hope and pray they're much more mature than this....though I have lots of doubts.

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

First ... congratulations to Ms. Procter. She has made it very clear how much she wanted to start a family and how it important it is to her. I'm glad that she got her wish.

And I think you're right about this being her last season, Flo. She waited a long time to be blessed with this little one. That, along with her statements about being tired, would make her leaving CSI Miami soon a good bet.

However, it may be a mute point. I seriously doubt CSI Miami is going to make it past this season as bad as the ratings have gotten ... and the move to Sunday's nights isn't going to help that situation, IMO.

I'll say it, Flo! I don't want this pregnancy to appear in any way, shape or form on the show! And I've wanted Calleigh to leave for a couple of seasons now. I think her character was played out a long time ago. I, personally, would prefer a body bag because it ensures that she can't come back.

My daughter, who stopped watching a long time ago because of all the E/C drama (after being an E/C supporter at the start) had to listen to my take on what will happen if they write the pregancy into the storyline when she called last night. First, of course there will be problems with the pregancy/delivery and we'll again see Calleigh on her deathbed (and of course Delko screaming like a banshee :rolleyes:). Then we'll have to go through the drama of the doubt and questions about the father. Then once that is determined (assuming it's Delko) we'll have the obligatory kidnapping of the baby and all the drama that entails. When I was done with my diatribe all I heard was her laughing. When I asked her must what the heck she was laughing about, she said the scenario I'd just run through was exactly what was happening on one of her soap operas! Damn! :scream:

I would hope that CBS and TPTB (at least I know Rodriguez has popped his head out of his protective shell) have some inkling that there are a LOT of unhappy fans out here when it comes to all the nomance drama.

That said, I learned a long time ago to stop believing anything TPTB on CSI Miami say or CBS for that matter. I know there are a lot of fans who truly believe it was the Twitter/petition campaign that brought Rodriguez back, but I don't, and have never for one second, believed that.

While I think places like Twitter, Facebook and MySpace serve to provide TPTB with the ability to get an idea what the fans are thinking, I also think it's a mistake to take too much of that type of feedback as the sum total of how your whole fanbase feels. There are a lot of fans who don't use those social networking sites. And their opinions still should count for something.

I think it was a perfect way to stroke the fans' egos to let them think they had something to do with Rodriguez coming back and it made Rodriguez look good to have the media say the petition played a part in his return (they conveniently forgot to mention his prodding on Twitter).

But Marg's recent interview was very telling for me. It confirmed what I believed all along. NO ONE in the CSI franchise is getting any raise. All of them are taking paycuts - and I don't for one minute believe that is true of only CSI LV or CSI NY. I think it's true for CBS shows across the board. So I'll keep my doubts that anyone was pursued by the network to come back and go on believing that some major concessions were made by the talent so that they could be allowed to come back.

4. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I am happy for the news and I agree with the idea of not using Emily's pregnancy in the show because I think writers could not do anything good out of it now (if they were someone else they could have write some fantastic storylines about it!). I am not guessing on the "Emily leaving thing", for two reasons:

1) any official source we have writes about an enthusiastic Emily about CSI:Miami, above all because she has a daily job that can give her and her family a sure living;

2) I'd avoid any speculations based on nothing. We have no official news about Emily leaving the show, or this being her last season. As an Emily's fan I try to stick to her rigid respect of privacy and avoid absolutely speculations that can lead to rumors, she does not like rumors, so let's avoid them!

After all, how many times we have read false news about Emily being pregnant or leaving the show in these last two years (maybe more), just because people took their time speculating on pictures or whatever they could find?
    I am enjoying the happiness of this beautiful news I have read today, spreading it because it's official and I am happy for Emily because she is seeing a dream coming true. No speculation please, we'll talk about it if we'll have real news.

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ehm Lu how can you possibly say we're speculating on her possible departure? I mean it doesn't take too much of anything to think she might be leaving because she's pregnant. As you said it's official she's pregnant and as in any other pregnancy case it is entirely possible she might leave the show.

Did I, or anyone else, say she will leave the show for sure? Nope....so there's really need to get defensive and telling there's no need to speculate because we're doing everything but speculating right now. Also there is no need to defend her as if she were a baby when it's pretty clear no one is speculating or, even worse, offending her.....we are all wishing her the best 'cause that is what she deserves.

As for the enthusiastic Emily about CSI:Miami....well I have my doubts considering the fact she more the once proved the contrary on official interviews...but since you don't want speculations....I won't add anything.

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

As happy as I am about her pregnancy, I doubt she will be in all of the episodes of Season 9. Being a new mum myself I know how much time a little baby needs from her/his mother. It's a pure speculation, I know, but I think she will not be there for all episodes. On top of that not all the women feel well while being pregnant.
    I, contrary to you all, would like her pregnancy to be written in, only if she made a decision to leave the show or have a longer break. Of course no baby drama, please!! If my wish came true, IF she decided to have longer maternity leave, she would get pregnant and wouldn't feel well, so would have to stop working. She could pop in from time to time and Delko could mention her from time to time. Whatever they do, I hope there will be no baby drama, Emily will stay with a show and the show will have season 10.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  7. electra

electra Pathologist

Congrats to Emily.;)

I do not want the pregnancy written NOW.Maybe later after E/C work on their trust issues and be on more solid ground.It would feel rushed now , especially given that she is 5 months ahead.But well as least Delko was not seen having sex with someone else like Danny was.

Given that I just lost Wendy,Stella and Catherine will be gone after next season ,if Calleigh leaves Miami, the CSI franchise would be void of tough females for me.And I am not even going to talk about Criminal minds.:( But I agree that there is no indication for that and hope for the best.

8. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I was thinking about this. The CSI brand might end up losing all of their main ladies. However I think Emily will still do the show and the crew will have to get creative concealing her pregnancy

Still all the best to her and her new family.

9. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Great news for Emily and all the best to her. I don't imagine it needs to 'show' in Season 9 at all. My best friend, who had her first baby last November, really didn't show (apart from a slightly broader bottom) until about her 8th month.

10. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

All I want to say is to be careful, nothing else. I'm sticking to my idea of speculating, you all do whatever you want. I am not the one who will fight over something like that, I think that all of us know when they have reached the limit. I decided not to talk at all about that.

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

She's gonna have the baby in like November and I think the actors have December off so that's perfect. They might, actually should, make Calleigh sick or on another case as well as have her small appearances in the lab in Feb. next year. Maybe Emily'll have like a Nanny to help out too, so it's not bad. When my sister had my niece, my mother had the baby most the time all she had to do was rest and breast feed, the same thing with my mother when she had my sister and my aunt took care of her. Plus, i bet the little one's gonna be on the set sometimes too, aww, that'd be too cute.

I agree with some of you, on the fact that the pregnancy shouldn't be written in, only because the writers are sometimes stupid (in my words) and don't know how on earth to write in a nice story for Calleigh. But I hope they change their minds still...:rolleyes:

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I know how much you want to respect Emily's privacy and I admire that, but speculating on her future of the show is not uncommon, or wrong. When Eva got married I saw some of the same speculation....she was starting a new life, I wonder if she'll leave...it just comes with this type of news, people just start to wonder.
    And Procter has talked about motherhood before & how it would affect her job -- being the fan you are I imagine you've already read it. I don't have the link, but it was an older interview when she'd talked about possibly adopting -- when asked if she'd leave the show if/when 'motherhood' came, she basically said that it was an easy choice to make if you wanted to be a good mom.

I'm not saying that yes she'll leave, or that she'll stay, but when words like this have been put out there by Emily herself then it's only natural for people to start wondering what she'll do.
    ~~~~~

As for the show and Calleigh -- there's easy ways to hide the baby bump, especially on a show like this where they wear lab coats, stand behind counters/desks, etc.

13. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Thanks for the pictures mayra1990!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.