Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I still see the show as an ensemble show. I did not originally start watching the show due to any of the actors. It was just the crime drama element of it that I watched it for. It was not for a few years into it that I became attached to a particular character but I would still watch the show without that actor. But I think they had a better mix in the early seasons of giving equal time to all the main cast members. The last few years that has not been the case so much. It would be nice to see them go back more to that format.

I completely agree. I was attracted to the crime drama aspect of the show, not the actors that were on it. But, with time I became intrigued by the characters. Now, it's only fair (not saying it will ever happen) that every character on the show gets around the same amount of screen time.

It's been known that WP would be leaving the show sooner or later and now it's finally happened. So, why is it a big deal? He's been teasing fans for what, three seasons now? So what. :rolleyes: The character Warrick Brown is dead. Gone. Bye bye. Yet, people are more shocked that WP is leaving? Honestly? WTF?:confused:

It's a big deal for his major fans and he he was handpicked by Bruckheimer and Zuiker and is the highest paid actor in TV or on, making $600,000 per ep. what does that mean? he's revered and held in high esteem, and deserves it :bolian:if your not a fan of them then so be it, but it is a big deal, he is CSI
nogriss.png
and the show will [my theory] plumment in ratings without him:( but when he returns whenever ever his fans will be estatic!

It's an ENSEMBLE show. If the actors are in the opening credits then they aren't IMO any less important a character than the others. This isn't a soap where you can just put some characters on the backburner for a few weeks. This is an ensemble cast, period. This is why each character has their specialty field. Grissom is bugs, Cath is blood spatter I think, Greg is DNA, Hodges is "the nose" :lol: . Can't remember off hand what Nick, Sara and Warrick's specialties are. I think one of them is trace. Robbins is the coroner. Brass, the cop, etc...

And by the way, I think that most of the fans did "suck it up" for a couple of years, but when it keeps getting worse and worse and those characters keep getting less and less screentime, well... a person can only remain patient for so long before they have to speak out, you know?

It's a big deal for his major fans and he he was handpicked by Bruckheimer and Zuiker and is the highest paid actor in TV or on, making $600,000 per ep. what does that mean? he's revered and held in high esteem, and deserves it :bolian:if your not a fan of them then so be it, but it is a big deal, he is CSI
nogriss.png
and the show will [my theory] plumment in ratings without him:( but when he returns whenever ever his fans will be estatic!

Personally, I don't think the ratings will plummet. The ratings never have on all the episodes that he wasn't on and in fact some of the ratings were higher. Will some of the ratings drop, probably, but plummet? I don't think so.

Now I like Grissom and always have. Lately he's been getting on my nerves as Grissom has changed so much, but he will always be one of my favorite characters on television. He's just so quarky! So different than a lot of characters.

But CSI is still an ensemble show and is not the The Grissom Show, so to just keep putting the rest of the ensemble to the wayside is wrong.

With Warrick's death (?) it's a perfect time to let Catherine, Nick, Greg, and Brass to shine, but I'm afraid the focus will just be on how Grissom feels. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Of course, now with that link to that scan that said Warrick is not done, now I'm wondering if he is going to die. Ugh, tptb, I think, have way too much fun messing with the fans of the show.

I don't think the ratings will plummet. The show has decreased in viewership over the years, but that's part and partial in being an older show. Given the circumstances, it's done very well.

I'm very excited about who they will bring in, and I'm interested in seeing how George, Marg, Paul and Eric run the show now. No they aren't the biggest names in the business (Marg probably more so then the others), but they're great actors (Marg has an Emmy-what does Billy have?).

It's time to hand the reigns over to someone else now. Billy had his time, now let the others take the lead.

And, I'm really interested in seeing who they bring in. This character sounds interesting.

This Riley chick, meh! I could take her or leave her.

Hey I'm not here to campaign for Billy Petersen, his popularity speaks for it's self, and what's he got oh, zillions of fans, the lead on the top show, and the biggest salary on TV that's not to take away from the other stars, their all unique and wonderful in their own ways, but what if Marg, Eric, George left and said bye-bye, how would their hugh fan base feel? think about it:confused:, so on the next ep. "A Happy Place" what's that all about?

THE HAPPY PLACE, EP2

Hey I'm not here to campaign for Billy Petersen, his popularity speaks for it's self, and what's he got oh, zillions of fans, the lead on the top show, and the biggest salary on TV that's not to take away from the other stars, their all unique and wonderful in their own ways, but what if Marg, Eric, George left and said bye-bye, how would their hugh fan base feel? think about it:confused:, so on the next ep. "A Happy Place" what's that all about?

THE HAPPY PLACE, EP2

It sounds to me like you are campaigning for him. And yes, i think it's taking away from the other actors by saying the ratings will plummet. Seriously, the show is not called "Grissom's Lab" or "Grissom: Crime Scene Investigator". so, for that reason, assuming the ratings will plummet is extremely ignorant not to mention just plain dumb. :rolleyes:

ANYWAYS, I'm interested to see the dynamics when GD leaves. Even though he isn't THE lead character, it looks as if the aftershocks of him exiting will ripple outward through the team in a way larger than i ever thought. Can't wait to see it.

Ignorant and dumb, :lol: OK,:rolleyes: whatever.... this is about theories, views, ideas and opinions, and those are mine, and time will tell, and I don't feed into negative comments, except to say what I added... this is about up-coming episodes, and I was asking about 'The Happy Place', and I think that Grissom tries to get Sara back on the team to no avail, and I wonder if Nick does rush and find Warrick and calls 911, so long still till Oct. waiting--waiting, so many new *spoilers* will come out before this happens~

Although I am a GSR fan, I really do miss the comraderie all of the characters had back in the early seasons. Back in seasons 1,2, and 3 they really did all get equal screentime. I'm not really sure what happened after 3, but I find that's when the shift happened.

In seasons 4,5, and 6, I found that Grissom and Catherine got a lot of the major storylines, which in a way kind of makes sense since they are considered the leads, but in seasons 7 and 8 I found the shift in screentime really noticeable. Poor Greg has had it the worst, then I think Warrick, Nick, and finally Sara. I find that Hodges has climbed the screentime ladder way too fast. As for Brass and Doc Robbins, they usually get ample time since they're the only one of their kind on the show.

Oh yeah, another point, has anyone noticed that they hardly use other detectives anymore? I'm not complaining because I like Brass, but I wonder what happened?

Anyway, my point is, and I think I have one :lol: is that I don't think they should be bringing all of these new people into the show. I agree they do need another CSI, but it should be training Wendy not hiring Adams. As for Grissom's "replacement," he doesn't need one. Grissom was Grissom and I feel no other character could fill his void, so they just need to move on and shift all of the other characters up a notch. This would also allow some of the minor characters like Super Dave, Archie, Mandy, Bobby, and Henry to have a little more screentime as well.

Overall, I think the writers will be hindering the show and making ratings drop by adding new characters instead of exploring the ones they already have.

Long winded post concluded! :lol:

It sounds to me like you are campaigning for him. And yes, i think it's taking away from the other actors by saying the ratings will plummet. Seriously, the show is not called "Grissom's Lab" or "Grissom: Crime Scene Investigator". so, for that reason, assuming the ratings will plummet is extremely ignorant not to mention just plain dumb. :rolleyes:

ANYWAYS, I'm interested to see the dynamics when GD leaves. Even though he isn't THE lead character, it looks as if the aftershocks of him exiting will ripple outward through the team in a way larger than i ever thought. Can't wait to see it.
I can't agree more. Certainly, the show will never be the same without any of its cast members, but not all changes are bad. It's possible that part of the viewers will stop watching the show after a certain character leaves, but there is also this possibility that some people who stopped watching the show for reasons regarding said character will start watching it again. You just never know. As long as the producers and the writers keep coming up with good ideas and well-written scripts, I doubt it matters that much who play the characters. A very large part of the casual viewers don't even recall these characters' names anyway. :lol:

To me, CSI has been going downhills the past few years. It's definitely a shame to lose Billy, but on the other hand, I hope Grissom's (and others') departure will bring some good changes. We'll see.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the team will deal with Warrick's news, too. He had been with them forever. He had Grissom's trust, a to-die-for friendship with Nick, those lost possibilities with Catherine, and Greg looked up to him. Would be great to see how they cope individually. CSI hasn't been so intriguing to me in a very long time. :lol:

LOL I love your signature.

Last edited:
Starting out all actors on this show are equal, but everyone has their favorite/s. But before this gets out of hand and we end up at square one again let me just post these reminders (which can be found on page/post one of this thread).

This thread is for the discussions, opinions regarding the future "episodes, story-lines and character spoilers as it relates to the current season in the US." This thread has nothing to do with the actor/actresses themselves, ship discussions in general, or past episodes each of these have their own respective threads and or forum.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to disagree with the opinions, your not entitled to attack someone for having the opinion, this is NOT a debate thread for which you can argue about things. Sometimes opinions might rile some which can lead to arguments to uncontrolled debates or outright flaming. The best thing to do is to take a deep breath, calm down, back away and agree to disagree and let it go, you really are not getting anywhere so why continue all that will get you is a gentle reminder or an official warning. Be mindful that if you are not involved in any argument don't jump in it only makes it worse, contact Myself or Tally via PM or click the NM (Notify Mod) Button.

Thank you, :)

The only things to look forward to so far are Grissom's departure and how they handle Warrick's (attempted?) murder
LMAO. I thought everyone had forgotten about the latter. :lol:

THE HAPPY PLACE, EP2

I thought it was me that felt that desertwind was campaigning for BP. I'm wondering what will happen when this Riley chick shows up. Gees, hope they don' turn it int the Riley show.

I hope I like the character.

Starting out all actors on this show are equal

Exactly. I don't think any one character is more important than another. If they're in the opening credits that is. Which is the point I was trying to make earlier. I just hope its more balanced this coming season like it was in the first few seasons. I'm really trying to have faith here. :lol: :D I just want the writers to show how Warrick's death/shooting effects every main character (that is everyone that's in the opening credits), not just one or two. I'm excited about the Nicky stuff though. I wanted it to be him that found Warrick. But, I want them to show how Warrick's loss affects Greg, Doc, Brass, Cath, Wendy, etc... not just Nicky and Grissom... also how it affects Sara as well. And yes, even Hodges... and of course Doc and Superdave. :lol:

I'm wondering what will happen when this Riley chick shows up. Gees, hope they don' turn it int the Riley show.

I hope I like the character.

I'm actually kind of excited about the new character. I liked Lauren Lee Smith in Mutant X, so I'm willing to give her a chance on CSI. I just hope they don't make the character of Riley unlikeable. And I highly doubt it'll turn into "The Riley Show". When they hired Ronnie, it didn't turn into the ronnie show. I still wonder what was the point of that character if they weren't going to have her be on there more. She was what in a total of five eps maybe? Was it just supposed to be while Sara was on dayshift? Well, that's what I thought at first, but then they had her working a case with Catherine.... so then I got a little confused. :lol: They just dropped that character without any explanation. That was weird. :lol:

While everyone is discussing whether they will watch once Grissom is gone, (Personally I will - I like early seasons Grissom better than what he's become), have you all noticed what episodes CBS is rerunning these days. Pretty much since the around announcement that Grissom won't be there after episode 10 they've been doing the Keppler (Grissomless) episodes. My guess is that it is to prepare us for when Grissom is gone.

I just hope that they don't focus on Grissom for 10 episodes and then the new characters for the rest of the season and skip the fact that there are characters that have been there for 8 seasons. I'm not against new characters I just hope they don't take over the story lines. I want seasons 1 - 4 where the case is the main story and anything else is (for lack of a better word) backdrop.

I really, really want it to be Nick that finds Warricks killer (the Undersheriff). They were best friends and since he's supposed to find the body he deserves to catch the Undersheriff. And did anybody else think that Ecklie was being uncharacteristly nice in For Gedda. I hope he keeps it up.

Susan

Last edited:
While everyone is discussing whether they will watch once Grissom is gone, (Personally I will - I like early seasons Grissom better than what he's become), have you all noticed what episodes CBS is rerunning these days. Pretty much since the around announcement that Grissom won't be there after episode 10 they've been doing the Keppler (Grissomless) episodes. My guess is that it is to prepare us for when Grissom is gone.

I didn't notice that, but that's a good point. They probably are preparing the viewers for his departure. I think the show was still pretty good for those few eps. It's just too bad they had to go and kill off Keppler.

I really, really want it to be Nick that finds Warricks killer (the Undersheriff). They were best friends and since he's supposed to find the body he deserves to catch the Undersheriff. And did anybody else think that Ecklie was being uncharacteristly nice in For Gedda. I hope he keeps it up.

I agree, it should be Nick. You know what I'd like to see though? It probably won't happen, but I'd like to see Nick punch McKeane when he finds out. :lol: And Ecklie was much nicer and I too hope he keeps it up. I like nice Ecklie. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back