Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

CSI NY wins its time slot and it is not the series which has the worse ratings, so I'm quite optimistic for a new season ;) I really want a season 10 (like CSI Miami) !
However if we'll get a new season I think it will be the last one

It's a shame CSI NY couldn't get one last full season for it's hurrah. I do believe this will be the final season. I will also say that it's a shame the shortened seasons denied us the talents of Sela Ward.
All in all though,nine seasons is NOTHING to sneeze at and unlike CSI Miami,at least NY will be ending on a higher note.

I am still holding out hope for a S10. I know its nerve wracking and that CBS does have a history of disrespecting their veteran shows. But anything is possible. I for one do not plan to support any show that moves in on that 9pm time slot on Fridays. Insread I will be rolling out my box set and watching 1 episode in that time slot on Fridays. Not saying its going to work but not saying it aint either.

Episode 11 press release:

THE CSIs ARE CONFRONTED WITH A PUZZLING MYSTERY WHEN TWO DIFFERENT VICTIMS ARE LINKED BY THE SAME UNUSUAL WEAPON, ON “CSI: NY,” FRIDAY, JAN. 4

CHEAT TWEET: A very unusual weapon is killing people… what is so special about it, and where did it come from? #CSINY Fri 1/4 9 PM

“Command+P” – The CSIs are confronted with a puzzling mystery when two different victims are linked by the same unusual weapon, on CSI: NY, Friday, Jan. 4 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Gary Sinise (Det. Mac Taylor)
Sela Ward (Jo Danville)
Carmine Giovinazzo (Danny Messer)
Hill Harper (Dr. Sheldon Hawkes)
Eddie Cahill (Det. Don Flack)
Anna Belknap (Lindsay Monroe Messer)
AJ Buckley (Adam Ross)
Robert Joy (Dr. Sid Hammerback)

GUEST CAST:
Natalie Martinez (Det. Jamie Lovato)
Stephen Snedden (Andy Lewis)
Jeff Branson (Andy Stein)
Daniel Amerman (Justin Vanderheyden)
Tyson Turrou (Mauricio Flores)
Nicole J. Butler (Rhonda Reynolds)
Victoria Barabas (Reporter)
Miranda Moore (Rachel Carpenter)
Brandon Olive (Kevin Carpenter)
Bill A. Jones (Richard Kemp)
Roy Abramsohn (Male Reporter)

WRITTEN BY: Trey Callaway
DIRECTED BY: Howard Deutch

That's what I thought before, but that was just a guess based on tentative scheduling, so it wasn't official or anything. This is the tentative schedule right now:

1/04 - 9.11 "Command+P"
1/11 - 9.12 "Civilized Lies"
1/18 - 9.13
1/25 - (repeat)
2/01 - 9.14
2/08 - 9.15 CSI crossover
2/15 - 9.16
2/22 - 9.17 (finale)

9.15 - "Seth and Apep"

This is the CSI: NY portion of the crossover event taking place with original CSI. Back in a bit...

~ Not much to offer at this point. Christine is still missing, but she is now in NY. She's not the only one who has been kidnapped.

~ D.B. Russell from Las Vegas is in New York. At one point Mac is M.I.A. Jo, Flack and Russell are not aware what Mac is up to, and Russell volunteers to go find Mac.

~ Christine is somehow connected to some missing diamonds, but I don't know the full extent of that plot.

~ While Mac does not seem like the kind of guy who would be a vigilante and assassinate someone, we do see him put to the test and may see him do something like we haven't before.

~ Flack is put in a difficult position when it comes to what Mac has to do to find Christine.

Last edited:
Will we be able to discuss the Vegas half on the NY board as it relates to Mac or only on the Vegas board? I wasn't here for Mac going to Miami.

I wonder what the diamond thing is...They better give more tidbits. And not screw up Christine.

Hmm... this sounds similiar to what Flack went through after Jess (not saying Christine is going to die) just pointing out the similiarity. I am thrilled they are doing a cross over love them.

I really hope that it is a struggle and Mac just can't do it. I like the idea because Mac has always stayed on the right side, he has never wavered about doing the right thing. But I don't want him to cross it and I don't think Christine would want him too either.

Glad that it comes back on sooner than assumed.

Agreed. We know he'll cross lens when it's personal but they don't a.ways have to make him seem hypocritical almost.

And I doubt they'll end things too badly with two eps to the finale...even if aftermath carries over,they'll want to end on a good spot in case there is no season 10.

I guess I am the only one on the board who wouldn't be very sad about a series finale next year. I'm so tired of watching bad episodes with bad and cliché cases. Even the new ones with the personal backgrounds do miss good cases, it's like they couldn't do both a good case AND a good story. It's a crime show and I would appreciate solid crime solvings rather than frigging stories about some frigging girlfriend of Macs who gets kidnapped for whatever stupid reason. I cannot imagine any good storyline that would make sense to Christine's kidnapping. That's my humble opinion :)
I miss the creativity, the twists and turns, I miss the good old times of S1 to like S5. I still see a lot of potential for LV, so another season would make sense. They've got good and interesting cases, nice flashbacks to old cases and characters, and everyting is nicely tied up. Well, at least most of the time. But with NY I myself do not want to see it going from bad to worse like it happened to Miami.

Back