Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess maybe she wont because she came in season 4 as a new CSI so i'm guessing maybe not it just wont add up.
But the question also is is Valera gonna take part in the 1997 flashback?

I'm so confused on what's going on! They really do need to shift the focus off of E/C. It's like they are always the main characters along w/ Horatio. I agree,the team is falling apart and they need to bring it back together. There's too much romance. It's more like a soap opera instead of a crime show. I think the writers have short term memory loss or something. I mean,I'm still curious on what happened at the end of Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing! Did the rest of the team find out what happened?Are they mad? Did they forgive each other? Ahh,it's driving me insane! :confused:

Just want to post a general reminder after re-reading through the last few pages (needed to catch up).

While some off-topicness is fine and par for the course, really on a discussion board, let's remember to keep things centered mainly on the spoilers/episode directly.

Thanks muchly! :) Back to your regular scheduled programming.

-----------------------------------

E/C Lover said:
I guess maybe she wont because she came in season 4 as a new CSI so i'm guessing maybe not it just wont add up.
But the question also is is Valera gonna take part in the 1997 flashback?

Yeah, I was thinking that may be the case. Perhaps they thought it wouldn't make sense to have the most recent additions participate in a case from before the show came to be. And even though I liked the idea of Natalia being part of the case - despite some of the obvious plot holes - I can understand why the writers may have decided to add in a different, unknown character.

As for Valera, she didn't join the lab until presumably the first episode of season 2 (evidenced by Calleigh saying "They may have mentioned that to you when you transferred here") so it's unlikely she would be part of the '97 case. Unless they go by the 'facts' they used during 'Hell Night' with the crime from 2 years previously, saying something to the fact that Speed had given Valera his notes (can't remember the exact line) hinting to us that Valera was there in season 1 somewhere.

Marija_magdalena said:
You know what I just remembered? Horatio wasn't a homicide detective before he became the boss of CSI, he was in a bomb squad... Well, just one more thing writers will change...

I think I read somewhere in the spoilers, a conversation between Calleigh and Horatio where he mentions something he picked up/remembered while he was on the Bomb Squad. So if this is true, he was on the Bomb Squad before joining Homicide and duing his stint in Homicide, he was asked to head the new Crime Lab (which according to the spoilers doesn't appear to have even been built/outfitted and in itself sort of makes no sense given Megan was presumably in charge before H got there).

Last edited:
Just had a spoiler update on twitter -- it seems as though they're casting for an intelligent female FBI agent and DNA expert that Horatio knew from Quantico (paraphrasing). It seems as though she helps with the case.

Does this mean Natalia won't be in the '97 case I wonder?

:wtf: That's irk-worthy! It made more sense that Natalia would've known Horatio in 97 then Calleigh & Ryan meeting each other - what the hell?!! I don't like the sound of this. The premiere episode & the characters I want to actually see won't hardly be there. They'll be replaced by some chunky 18 year old, & another DNA assistant - wonderful. :rolleyes:

I don't know about you guys, but the most interesting thing for me is to see how they are going to make the cast look over ten years younger. It has challenge written all over it. I mean they are a good looking 30-40 something cast and all but to go back to 1997 makes them pretty young and different looking.

I love E/C and their drama, but there is no crime, no argument going on here, just Adam taking a nap for an eppy or two.

I would just love to see the team tackle stories about dangerous situations , put the characters to a test, use the talent! Put them in situations where we would learn really more about the characters, there is only so much fast lab scene editing one can take.

I would love to see Horatio really dealing with his role as a father, E/C really start dating and deal with their own issues of commitment ( I mean with Eric's ladies man history and Calleigh's horrible track record they must have issues). Natalia is a beautiful 40 something, where is her personal life?Is she really that scarred? Ryan can't be the boyish one in the team all the time, he has got have some stories to tell? Who and what does he love. Etc.

This show needs to get personal, because a little out there Crime Drama only takes the show so far, they need make us care and feel for the characters.

Because all I have been reading around the boards is that characters do not get enough air time and that E/C is just running around in circles.

This all is true. Sorry, but it's like the writers are not using all the spices to make a great show. It's like making a bowl of Chili and forgetting to add the actual chili in there!

By the time Sept. rolls around,we will have a whole different premiere episode with characters we don't know.
Hopefully,there will be some modern day action so some of us can see Ryan,Natalia,etc.

Hopefully,there will be some modern day action so some of us can see Ryan,Natalia,etc.

I couldn't agree more

I don't know about you guys, but the most interesting thing for me is to see how they are going to make the cast look over ten years younger. It has challenge written all over it. I mean they are a good looking 30-40 something cast and all but to go back to 1997 makes them pretty young and different looking.

I love E/C and their drama, but there is no crime, no argument going on here, just Adam taking a nap for an eppy or two.

I would just love to see the team tackle stories about dangerous situations , put the characters to a test, use the talent! Put them in situations where we would learn really more about the characters, there is only so much fast lab scene editing one can take.

I would love to see Horatio really dealing with his role as a father, E/C really start dating and deal with their own issues of commitment ( I mean with Eric's ladies man history and Calleigh's horrible track record they must have issues). Natalia is a beautiful 40 something, where is her personal life?Is she really that scarred? Ryan can't be the boyish one in the team all the time, he has got have some stories to tell? Who and what does he love. Etc.

This show needs to get personal, because a little out there Crime Drama only takes the show so far, they need make us care and feel for the characters.

Because all I have been reading around the boards is that characters do not get enough air time and that E/C is just running around in circles.

This all is true. Sorry, but it's like the writers are not using all the spices to make a great show. It's like making a bowl of Chili and forgetting to add the actual chili in there!

Good analysis!!:thumbsup: One reason why at least myself objects to the E/C romance is that those of us who are fans of the other characters don't want ours short changed screen time or story wise because of this romance. We really need to get into Natalia and especially Ryan's unexplored mind to see how they became the people they are today.

I am also curious how they will shave 12 years off of some of the characters. We know Ryan will probably be played by someone else but I am the most curious about Natalia.

I have become rather fond of Kyle and would love to see more father/son interaction with H in season 8.

I couldn't agree more

Good analysis!!:thumbsup: One reason why at least myself objects to the E/C romance is that those of us who are fans of the other characters don't want ours short changed screen time or story wise because of this romance. We really need to get into Natalia and especially Ryan's unexplored mind to see how they became the people they are today.

I am also curious how they will shave 12 years off of some of the characters. We know Ryan will probably be played by someone else but I am the most curious about Natalia.

I have become rather fond of Kyle and would love to see more father/son interaction with H in season 8.

I too am hoping for some modern day action so that everyone is involved. Don't get me wrong I love E/C but I love the whole team being involved in each story line. If this is an Eric flashback, Eric in a coma ep without any present day case it will not sit right especially it being the season premier. I am hoping that somehow the flashback is going to relate to a present day case and the present day team somehow and that we'll have both past and present action. PLEASE!!

I've read that Speed was not mentioned in the updated spoilers, which definitly lead me to believe that Rory turned this down, & there will be no Speed at all. It does explain why "young" Ryan meets Calleigh instead of Speed, & also explains why Natalia was left out of the flashbacks, cause they apparently needed her & Speed to know each other in order to get her introduced to Horatio. I'm not holding my breath that we will see Rory, & I'm thinking that Speedle will convienantly be at a seminar as convienantly as Megan is in Tallahassee. :angryrazz:

:lol: OKAY. I am sooo confused now about what's going on in this episode. Some sources are saying different than others. BLAHG! The only thing I know for certain is that it's pretty much centered around Eric and Calleigh, and we are going to be brought back to 97, and there is a teenaged Ryan, anddd a bunch of loose ends that need tying up.

I couldn't agree more

I said the SAME thing as well! I look back at season 1 and see how much the actors have changed and that was only 6 years ago. i wonder how they are going to make them 12 years younger. I guess the makeup team will have their hands full. Well, make up did make Brad Pitt look like an old man in Benjamin Button. Also, I wish they would have continued with the finale and I didn't want Eric to be in a coma. i mean he's already been through this when he was shot before. I wonder if this has anything to do with that bullet that is still in his head. Callleigh's shot, if she really hit him, probably didn't help. Now I'm more anxious than before for Sept. 21st!!

I'm so confused. I read the news reel at CSI Files and I saw Eric has a bullet in his head. Now is this the bullet that's already in his head or did Calliegh really shoot him and this is a completely new bullet? Does anybody know?

Botox for everybody!! Just kidding! Or am I?:shifty:
So Rory doesn't want to come back. Can't say that I blame him. He didn't like doing the series and he wasn't happy with the way they killed him off. He's moved on. Bad for us, good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back