Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yuppy!!! Delko lies in a coma!! :rolleyes: Can someone tell TPTB that Eric Delko is not the target of a shooting range?

Anyway this episode sounds incredibely awesome. Though I really don't know how they're gonna make both Calleigh and Horatio look younger LOL. They're absolutely completely different from the way we knew them for the first time. I just can't picture Emily with braids another time or mop hairdo :guffaw:

And wow I can't wait to see the "new girl Calleigh" and the other cops getting annoyed with her LOL

BTW does this mean we'll never see Natalia, Ryan and Frank (as always) since they're not part of the past? :shifty:

Plus I wonder why the wrote this storylines once we know that Rory won't be back on the show :shifty:

2. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I agree, I don't think it'lll be the whole episode about the 1997 thing, and we've to have some murder or something like that in the epi, right ?

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok, as far as I understood, it will all be about 1997 since it's the murder of 1997 with the CSIs of the time who were investigating on it.

Probably we're gonna see our CSIs wating for Delko's news as for the nowdays moments ;)

4. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Let me see if I got it, you're saying that what Delko's 'dreaming' has something to do with the murder that the CSI's are working? I'm slow today :lol:

What I understand is that what Eric is dreaming is his first murder that he worked, so it doesn't have anything to do with the case CSI's are working. I'm presuming that there'll be there a case to investigate. If that makes sense :lol:

I really, really hoope we'll see some team moments, I hope TPTB doesn't disappoint me in that aspect.

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

**jumping up and down...hits head in excitement... YAY spoilers**

....but someone please tell me why Eric drew the short stick again. I know that he will miraculously recover in time for the second episode. I am psyched for the season premiere even more. I can't wait to see the team back in 1997. I am holding out hope that Speed will be there too....hey one can dream right... :D

6. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Oh my gah! ARE THEY GONNA SHOOT IT IN BLACK AND WHITE?! :p

That's a strangeeee plot...I'm gonna remain skeptical for now since it seems so foreign to me.
    Except for you know, Delko in a coma again.
    :lol:

No mention of Ryan or Nat in the casting call or the descriptions, andddd. Yeah. Doubt we'll get anything on them, specially Ryan since he seems to lack a past in general.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok Eric is in a coma and I don't know if he's the one dreaming or it's Calleih or H remembering his first case as CSI which is set in 1997.
    We'll see that case being developed throughout the entire episode as if the episode was the first one ever of CSI:Miami. So we'll see Calleigh as the new girl, Horatio who wasn't Lt yet and Delko investigatin on his first murder case.

We may see some glimpses of nowdays, but, quite frankly, I hightly doubt they'll be many ;)

While I'm excited to see this stuff, I have to say that I'm a little bit tired with the whole Eric Delko in a coma stuff, especially when I know that he'll be perfectly fine in no time :p

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

One of the only ways I can see they incorporating the whole cast is to switch between present day (solving whatever is needing to be solved) and 1997. If it going to stay primarily in 1997, I can't say I am excited at all about this episode; if figured it out properly, Ryan is only 16 and Natalia around 18-20 and they wouldn't be old enough to be involved. Of course we have no clue about Ryan anyway.......

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It's so exciting to get our first official 8.01 spoiler!!!!!!! :thumbsup::cool:

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to seeing them as Calleigh and Eric the newbies, and H as more normal-human CSI. I too wonder, especially with Horatio, how they'll make them look. But I don't think it'll be too difficult with makeup and old hairdos. It does seem that's what David C. was referring to when he talked about going back to the basics and to those first seasons. I think it'll be fun and Miami has never done something like this so I'm looking forward to see what they come up with. It would've been awesome if Speed where there. Maybe there's still a chance that might happen....??? Maybe??? please... *hopes*

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Thanks for the spoiler, csifann1!

I seriously hope they go with this option. It makes the most sense and would be a nice way to pull the entire episode together.

That said, dating things back to before Miami came to be is definitely an interesting way to start off the new season! I've been waiting for a flashback type episode (excluding the flashbacks of Horatio's stint in New York) forever. Here's to hoping it turns out well. :)

That would be really cool. Given Speed was a CSI Level 3 at the time Miami began and the information from Delko indicating he'd been hazed by Speed when he was a newbie (perhaps during his first few murder cases?), it would seem to make sense that he was at the lab in 1997. I'm not getting my hopes way high about it but it would be a nice treat.

My only disappointment so far (because I firmly believe there's a way to encorporate Ryan and Natalia into the episode if they go the direction MiamiWolfe stated) is Delko being in a coma. *sigh* Can we say soap opera much?

Either way, interesting concept for an episode. :)

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

My thoughts exactly, is there a point in Delko being, once again, in the hospital knocking on death's door!? Lordeee.
    The only way I can possibly buy this is if they fast forward a few months where he's been in this coma for a while. I'm not too keen on the idea that he's found, rushed to the hospital, lays like a vegetable for 8 hours (Miami time), & then "wala" he miraculously awakens & is back to work the next week. It's unbelievable enough as it is.

I would assume there must be a "present time" somewhere in the episode, it can't all be taken place in 1997. First of all, if Eric is the one dreaming up the old case then I find it hard to believe that Horatio & Calleigh are coincidentally thinking of it as well, or that they're opening up the same exact case that Eric is thinking about while he's in his coma.

I do think there's a way to incorporate Ryan & Natalia into the present time, the thing that seriously irritates me though, is that there's this constant reminder of who is the original team & who is isn't. It's been long enough, & Ryan was there by the 3rd season, Natalia there by the 4th - they're on thier 8th now. It's time for them to start making them ALL look like they are ALL part of this team, not just H, Calleigh, & Eric.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really do wonder who's going to be the one thinking about the 97 case. Or maybe there's just something inthe present case that reminds someone about the 97 case and it all goes back to that time. Though the fact that it's Eric's first murder case makes it seem more like someone is thinking back to how things were. If that's the case, then it's easier for me to imagine it's either Cal or Eric cause I just can't picture Horatio reminiscing. Either way I think it's something that it's different and that Miami hasn't done before so I think it'll be a lot of fun.

13. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Sigh*
    Eric's in the hospital AGAIN and Calleigh's going to be bawling AGAIN, and I'm still wondering where in the heck Ryan's OCD went forever ago. =/

In my best prediction I'm going to guess this episode ends with no real conclusion on the E/C romance just so we can worry about it for the remainder of the season.

Please prove me wrong.

-goes off to sulk-

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  14. das576

das576 Hit and Run

Sounds like it will be an intense episode.....

I do really really hope however that they DO NOT MAKE ERIC HAVE AMNESIA when he wakes up!! Please, Please no more recycled story lines! In the casting call they do say they are looking for EMT's who are riding in the back of the ambulance trying to revive Eric and bandaging his wounds, using the defibrulator and such so I am assuming that he will be dead for a minute at least. I hate to say I want Summer to be over but I want to get on with the show, that's for sure!

15. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

Wasabi I'm comming to sulk with you because that would possibly make me stop watching this show and it would probably ruin the season for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.