Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Seems like Hodges and Wendy were getting along pretty good in "Lab Rats". Could be them.

And hey! Henry isn't ugly! I liked the one where he and the others wanted to pet the "werewolf". :)

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The info I posted before about the episode order and dates were incorrect. This should be right this time. (I hope)

11/1/07 (#805) The Chick Chop Flick Shop
    11/8/07 (#806) Who and What

3. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

CM said "someone who works in the lab and has an interest in another lab tech".

I think that CM was hinting to TWO lab techs. She also said that this couple had sort of started last season. "Lab Rats" anyone?

Besides, didn't Henry tell "I'll marry you" to Mandy in this episode? It's either Wedges or Handy :lol:

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I do agree with the request...keep the spoiler thread a spoiler thread...and not water it down with one discussion or argument or whatever it may turn into, IF it do at all. Don't need a repeat....

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

My take on Wendy and Hodges, from "LAB RATS" is she can't stand him, actually told him off more than once, I don't know how he feels about anyone, except a kss-a.. to Grissom. to get on his good side.. off the wall, on that one, for me, and I don't care, who wants to be with who, if it makes them happy , then go for it and I've never thought any "SHIP" *saturated* the show, it's always been so subtle, and only seconds of the time in a 1 hour show! and the stories always top the priority list, as it should be! I just hope Warrick is on a bit more!

6. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Plant or penguin :eek: :eek:? What? As to the rest I won't comment.

Started last season...hmmm...I don;t want it being Hodges and Wendy. I will NOT give up the show, or think less of him if it is...I just don't like that ship...

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

No the sara thing was due to her and the actress who plays her leaving not about a love interest, if its a ship pertaining to an episode/storyline, etc then its allowed to be discussed. otherwise it belongs in the shipper forum.

Guys we're not going to break this up everytime something crops up that someone doesn't like what is being said or done, and if you don't want to see the arguing then use your "Ignore" function this goes for any and all sides of this on going table. But it comes down to the fact that the rules are put up there they explain everything and honestly I cannot see where all the bickering comes from. Before people start explaining this too me keep in mind it was a rhetorical question.

IMO any comments that are snarky, snide, baiting, flaming, trolling and so on should be left at the door. Discussions should be done as a whole, if you like GSR or Lab Rat love fine but lets remember there is more to the show, if you like only one character, then the same goes. Why should one thing dominate when its a 60 min show (minus time for commericals in your head). Why argue you all have one thing in common your here for the show, your here cause you love the show, be it all, half or a quarter of it.

Don't mind me I thinks its coming time for a change to happen cause something has to give, if something doesn't give I don't know what or when but... Its a fictional show, fictional characters, Simple as that really.

8. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i actually preferred the way they did warricks marriage. we knew about her, but we never saw her. i dont watch csi to see the main characters relationships, i watch to see cases get solved. if they were all married with 5 kids and we never saw them, it wouldnt bother me at all.

bringing in another coworker relationship seems really unnecessary to me. it just furthers the idea that these people never leave the lab, have no lives, and have to hook up at work.

ah well, the writers had a good thing going for the past couple of episodes so i guess they had to go and mess it up somehow :lol:

9. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

But see, here's my thing with that. Yes, it is a crime procedural first, but you can't have a show like that go on for years and years without getting into the character's backgrounds. Human curiosity is a natural thing, the audience will start to wonder, 'who are these people?' Of course, when it starts to become the center of the show, that's when it becomes a problem, but I think the Warrick/Tina thing could have been shown a bit more. Although it's nice to not have to worry about a relationship taking over, I really wish they had made them a little more prominent. For me, I couldn't really sympathsize with Tina because I didn't know her.

But that's just my two cents. :)

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

From what I see with ratings and stuff, i think its the opposite. Shows that have an audience specifically for personal storylines don't last as long as procedural shows. Eventually characters leaves, and if people are really invested in their personal storylines, or if the storylines don't go a certain way, they stop watching the show.

But if you look at shows like Law and Order, which has been on for like 16 years, fans are more accepting of changes. Plus there is a big difference between romances and personal storylines on tv shows, espcially on crime dramas.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

And a good two cents at that. I wholeheardly agree, it's human nature to want to see other situations besides bugs DNA, flashlights and constant gross dead bodies, & horrific gruesomeness :( although that is the premise of the show, & solving these crimes is awesome ;) and the best cast on TV! and it will always been however, these TV characters on the show come across as real people and have feelings and emotions and the wants and needs of a personal side as well ;) and yipee the show has hit the #1 spot in ratings 4 week's in a row, and we're in our 8th season[​IMG]

12. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I watched the TV Guide special on CSI-Las Vegas this evening. The hostess had Naren Shankar and Robert David Hall on as guests. If you're a Doc Robbins fan, Hall talked a lot about his character and hinted that he may be doing some singing in one or more episodes. I guess he's in a band and plays at charity events. Anyway, he talked a lot about himself and showed off some of the real instruments that are used as props in the morgue.

The spoilers that indicate that two lab techs may hook up romantically was pretty much validated on this special. The male half of the relationship will be played by Hodges, at least that's what I was led to believe when the guy who plays Hodges hinted in a 5-second interview that he hopes it will be him. (I'm sorry, but when I'm in a hurry to post, I sometimes have trouble remembering the actors real names, and I'm having a problem remembering the guy who plays Hodges.) I don't know who the female part will be played by, but my money is on Wendy.

George Eads hinted that there may be some changes on the horizon for CSI, and it will be interesting to see Nick thrown into the blender again, and see which wall he bounces off of again.

Billy Peterson said that he "can't wait to see what happens" in the new season (Yeah, like he doesn't know).

Naren talked about Jorja leaving, but nothing new there. One of the biggest changes this season will be ending the fan-favorite romance between Grissom and Sara. Apparently the Grissom-Sara relationship isn't the only relationship that was set up this season (according to I think Carol Mendelson) because they also set up the Nick Stokes and Warrick Brown relationship (not that they are going to sleep together she said). I believe she might be referring to a possible rift that will develop between them.

Finally, Eric (again wearing a silly looking hat like men wore in the 1950's) said in a small segment that his character would pretty much be playing the comic relief this season. He said that last season was a rough season for Greg, and he's hoping that things lighten up for him. Personally, I'm a little disappointed to hear that because as the comic relief, his scenes will most likely be smaller. I hope I'm wrong on that.

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Thanks for that report, Toots! I only caught the end of the show. Forgot it was going to be on. :(

I think last week's episode showed that Greg can be both comic relief AND have a large part of the episode. I like that. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens once GSR is resolved.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Dang I wish I could have seen that. (Still mad that I have over 200 channels but not that one.) But thanks for the scoop, Toots.

I agree Greg can be comic relief and still be on a lot. He does not have to be comedic the whole episode...he can just have the good one liners and stuff come every once in awhile.

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

yes....I too have to thank you TOOTS, for I don't get that channel here either, so I appreciate the summary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.