Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we are again...

according to Mendelson, we'll have another romantic interest in the lab. Between 2 lab techs... my guess: Henry and Mandy (I'll marry you) or Hodges and Wendy (they act so childish when together). :rolleyes:

And the good news about that?

It'll not take all the place in the show.

So far, I have to admit that season 8 looks good to me. Good cases and back on science and processing! :D

Yeah, I think it could be interesting as long as they don't cut the main actor's screen time too much with more awkward "love scenes"...

Anywho...

Really wishing next week wasn't a repeat... Although the two hour WaT thing will be pretty sweet. I've only seen one ep of WaT, and I didn't really pay attention. But with Gil around, my eyes will be glued to the screen. :D

Lab Rat love could be intresting if it doesn't take away from the cases and the CSI's.

Well, wouldn't this create the same problem with viewers (like us) who resent GSR? I mean...just because it wouldn't involve two main characters, there would still be the same office rule broken, and an affair, if brought to light, might cause resentment amongst other lab personnel. I don't know if Hodges or Wendy, or the other little lab rat supervise anyone or not, but this office romance s*** just has to stop. There are other people outside of the CSI world worthy of dating in Las Vegas after all.

Not trying to be snarky Wojo; that's just my opinion. Why can't the writers create a relationship between our fav characters and an outside person?

I think that the rule only applys to memembers of the same team, lab techs kind of work for everyone (I think). Maybe the rule dosn't apply to them.

My comment was exactly about the point that I'm sure it will not take over the cases and the science.

So it'll please romances fans and science ones. IMAO.

as far as I'm concerned I don't dislike personal stuff on the show, what I dislike is when it's only personal stuff on the show. I don't have this fear about a labtech romance.

Wait and see

Oh, It'll cause trouble all right. I think that any change in the show will cause some sort of trouble with at least some of the fans. I'm not trying to be bitter and civil, but it is so hard for the writers to make hundreds of people happy all at once.

For me it all depends what labrats. My wish is that Hodges not be one of the two labrats...but it isn't under my controll...at least it won't be all over the show like GSR was. Henry and Mandy could be cute...let's see...

I just re-read the Ausiello/Carole Mendelsohn interview. It may or may not be Hodges & Wendy. It was Ausiello who gave the names and Carol Mendelsohn didn't confirm it. All she said was "someone who works in the lab and has an interest in another lab tech". There are a lot of people who work in the lab.

Susan

xfcanadian said:
i wonder what CTV is going to do, they don't show 'without a trace'...

Actually, they do now. It started a few weeks ago and they had some old eps on Friday night, but as of now they're airing eps Saturday (there's one tonight). I'm not sure if it's old or new, but that's not the point. The point is they might be able to swing it.

pabzi said:
Henry and Mandy could be cute...let's see...

That would be great. Not only would it not be a major distraction from the cases (OR a supervisor/subordinate situation), imagine the comic potential... :lol:

Henry doesn't stand a chance of being one of the love rats (HA!)

CSI viewers (you know, average ones, those that only think about CSI for 40 min a week) don't have a clue who Henry is, he's ugly and acts all dorky when on-screen. He might as well be a plant or a penguin.

If there is some lab love it's going to be between Wendy and Hodges or Wendy and someone else. I always thought Mia and Warrick would get together eventually.

Toots said: Why can't the writers create a relationship between our fav characters and an outside person?
Warrick married an "outsider", and it bored everyone to death. Besides an outside person would oblige the writers to create some love scenes NOT CSI related. And that would only re-start the complaining cycle ("Bohoo! i want to see science and not cheezy love scenes!").

:)

*Edited: to uncheck sig until its fixed as it stretched the screen. I would also suggest something more then just a smilie like your thoughts explained.*

the "couples" void??? Hodges and Wendy?? Hmmmm.....I dunno 'bout this...though I support the ship...I don't want something like this used just to fill a void and piggy-backing off of the wildness of the GSR ship *blah*, nor do I want to see this turn into another ship that saturates the show, even though both of these characters aren't as strong as the MAIN ones, it could still happen...Though I personally find it entertaining to see the two sort of compete with the other...Its still about crime, murder and science...lets leave it at that. Although, it would be funny to see the socially awkward Hodges tread in the somewhat unfamiliar waters of a relationship.

As for the Crossover show??? I can't wait!! I am totally for it and am sure I won't be disappointed...and what better a show then Without A Trace? Should be a great one!

Korb :D Who would you want it to be? Could you see Archie with a lab girl? I don't know...Could be interesting.
If CM said 'someone who works in the lab' and a lab tech, that doesn't necessarily mean a lab tech and a lab tech. Ronnie and Henry maybe? (my Henry thing is really cause I'm not so sure who I could see Archie with, and I don't want it being Hodges.

Mods, should there maybe be a thread about this, like there is a Sara spoiler thread, so as not to fight with/bother the anti labbies? Just a considerate thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back