Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Micha said:
There's a big episode early in the season that will dig deeper into her family drama, specifically Sam's legacy to her. We'll also see her venture outside the lab in an episode that features the return of her real-life husband, Alan Rosenberg. "One of the things he's going to offer Catherine is sort of an opportunity to be on a dream-team-type defense on a high-profile case," explains Carol Mendelsohn

this are spoilers which i found on internet a couple of months ago..

Wasn't this the San Fran thing that was cancelled because of the strike? It's too bad, because I would have found it interesting, and Cath needs a new storyline.

sorry if im posting this in the worng place but since its to do with season 8 i thought it would be alright.
I've heard some rumours that csi will be writing an episode for two and a half men and vice versa. Is this true and will it be a season 8 episode? Also heard rumours we wont be getting a full series 8 due to the strikes

loulou19 said:
sorry if im posting this in the worng place but since its to do with season 8 i thought it would be alright.
I've heard some rumours that csi will be writing an episode for two and a half men and vice versa. Is this true and will it be a season 8 episode? Also heard rumours we wont be getting a full series 8 due to the strikes

Well, because of the Writer's Strike, there is a huge chance that we may not get a full season (consisting of 24 episodes), and we would only get 11 episodes, the last episode airing January 10 and it would be "Bull" (formerly "Booty & the Beast").

CSI and Two and a Half Men were also supposed to write for each others shows, CSI writing an episode for TAAHM and TAAHM for CSI (the CSI episode was rumored to be a case of a murdered diva), but again, the Writer's Strike is causing some issues with it.

Hope I helped.

That's such a shame. I was really looking forward to Nick stepping forward as a leader this season.

Let's hope things get resolved over the Christmas holidays. An end to the strike as opposed to the end of the season would be wonderful!

How long would the strike have to go on for them to decide to end the season? Let's say that the strike goes on until March, wouldn't they just keep going and show it into the summer?

I think there are rules about advertising dollars and contracts and all that jazz. By contract, the actors and crew all get off from something like March to June or July, I believe. At least, that's the way it is with most shows.

Someone said it'd take about a month of being in production to get new episodes on the air, and that's fairly accurate. CSI is a big-budget show, and I'm fairly sure it takes 8 or 9 WORKING days to bust out episodes in raw form before going to post.

So, if they get back to work writing in late-January, we'd probably not have enough episodes ready to make it to February sweeps... and then there's March Madness. However, it might mean a good... oh... five or six episodes could be completed before the end of March... Maybe 9 if they double up production as much as possible.

So, we usually get one ep at the end of March, right? We'd have enough to get through April and probably two weeks in May, rounding us out with an 18-20 episode season, which isn't horrible for DVD release.

But, it all depends on how long the strike lasts. Personally, I wouldn't mind scrapping most of season 8. LOL. :)

I think they will tried to get the writers back to work before the New Year. I hope the work it out soon. Like Alyssa said, if the writer does get back to work before Jan. or Feb. Sweep, it will take longer to get film.

O/T- I remember read somewhere, the guy, I think he is a director of Pushing Daisies, he said, when the strike is over, it take 5 weeks to get the show back up again.

well, to get everything settled and everyone effected by this strike back...I am referring to the ones behind the scenes, the actors etc....it will definitely be about 5-6 weeks, perhaps even more

I'm going to bite back my comments on the strike because I'm pretty sure this is NOT the strike thread. Instead I'm going to go back to that comment about the writers of CSI and the writers of Two and a Half Men doing a crossover. I know it's not going to happen anymore, but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything else about it. To me it sounds so weird, I'm kinda glad it's not happening. I mean, what do CSI and TAAHM have in common??

^Was it a crossover LibertyBell?

I thought the writers were just going to swtich places and write for each others' TV shows?

Then again I could have read that wrong?

I believe it was just switching writers for an episode or so, not an actual crossover...you know, to get a super fresh feel to the shows...although I do agree, what does CSI and TAAHM really have in common. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

DJRightout is right. It going to be switching writers with each other, Two and half men and CSI writer going switch with each.

I just really really hope that the strike gets resolved soon... For the sake of the writers and the people losing their jobs... and my own selfish want of more CSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back