Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

This season opener looks amazing. Gonna be hard to watch Mac kissing some chick even if it is Claire, but really looking forward to seeing flashbacks of happy Mac. The whole thing looks like I might need tissues.

Justin Bruening Snags Guest Star Role On CSI: New York

According to We Love Soaps, Justin Bruening has snagged a guest spot on CSI: New York. So far Bruening's role and airdate on the hit CBS procedural is being kept under wraps. CSI: New York returns for season 8 on Sept 23 at 9 PM EST on CBS.

I read "Justin" and "guest" and had a tiny heart attack thinking it was Bieber :lol:. Ok glad it's not :cool:.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Robbie Amell (Robin’s puppy-like lover on How I Met Your Mother, and little bro to Vampire Diaries alum Stephen Amell) will appear opposite Bruening in the Oct. 21 installment of the series. Bruening will play Hank, a recent parolee who becomes a suspect in a murder investigation, much to the dismay of his basketball star younger brother (Amell).

Source: http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/csi-ny-casting-justin-bruening-robbie-amell/

8.07 - "Crushed"

Back in a few...

Here's the skinny...

~ The night is just getting started at a well-attended high school 11th grade party. Alcohol is flowing and everyone is having fun. Things don't end well when a girl ends up dead, crushed.

~ The entire CSI team is in the field for this case: Mac, Jo, Danny, Hawkes, Lindsay, Flack, and Sid.

~ Jo and Lindsay have a bit of a tense moment when it appears a test was not done correctly. Jo wants to make sure the guy doesn't get off again, but (it appears) Lindsay's processing of evidence was not impeccable. Lindsay seems a bit taken aback due to Jo's bluntness.

~ Can't tell much case-wise. Flack and Jo have a cute moment. A girl had no idea she was the joke of the party and Flack was going to say it to her, but Jo makes a hand gesture and he stops. Flack wonders if she's getting all mushy on him, but she responds by whacking him with a folder. Adorable.

Last edited:

I'm not crazy about going to high school again. Rich, arrogant kids on plate? I'm getting a bit tired of this. Or much than a bit. Much more.

I like Jo and Flack thing (but is it sooo important and unsual that is has to be stated as a spoiler?). And I apologize to all Lindsay's fans (never been one of them), but I just can't wait to see this scene with Jo. ;) Though it is quite surprising. At the beginning of last season I was pretty sure the writers would try to emphasize how close Lindsay and Stella were and therefore make Lindsay and Jo not close with each other (bleh), but then they got them few really nice, bonding scenes, so... What's going on now? We saw Jo still being kind of emotional about this thing from the past, true, but we also saw that she and the rest of the team (well, Adam and Mac) can deal with this in a very mature way, so... I have a lot of questions and doubts here, but still, I can't wait for this.

Last edited:

Jo and Lindsay have a bit of a tense moment when it appears a test was not done correctly. Jo wants to make sure the guy doesn't get off again, but (it appears) Lindsay's processing of evidence was not impeccable. Lindsay seems a bit taken aback due to Jo's bluntness.

Hmm. I didn't get the impression Lindsay had done anything wrong in regards to processing evidence. What I got out of it was Jo was hoping Lindsay--or anyone else for that matter--hadn't made any errors with their testing. Because like you said, it seems this guy had gotten off before because someone mucked up.

Looking forward to the Jo and Flack scene :). Those two are so much fun together.

As for the Jo and Lindsay scene, well what can I say, I look forward to all of Jo's scenes :lol: I don't mind that they have a tense moment. It can't all be cheery and cute between all of them all the time. I like Jo because she's breezy and fun but it's also nice that they give her moments that are more serious and were she has to get "tough". Sela does intense really well.

Not trying to say anyone is wrong or right or say anything bad about anyone; I just find it interesting that a Lindsay fan and someone who is not a Lindsay fan read the Jo/Lindsay scene in completely opposite lights. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out on screen.

They need to stop with the bratty HS kid stories. I'm beyond over them. Although the Flack/Jo scene sounds very promising. :adore:

Not trying to say anyone is wrong or right or say anything bad about anyone; I just find it interesting that a Lindsay fan and someone who is not a Lindsay fan read the Jo/Lindsay scene in completely opposite lights. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out on screen.
Yeah, I find it interesting as well. :)

Actually, I put my not-liking-Lindsay self aside when I wrote what I wrote. For me, the impression from the spoiler was clear. I don't think Jo's or Lindsay's claws will be showing but I still think it might look a little unpleasant.

Personally, I can't wait for the third episode. I have a thing for fast cars, gotta admit. And I like Courtney Love.

Oh, and I seriously hope for Jo being some sort of decoy for thieves. ;) Hence the supercool car and artificial (well, I suspect they're artificial) hair.
Or, after careful considaration, I could go with anyone being a decoy.

Does that mean scenes together, or that Flack & Mac each just seem to have the most scenes?
I mean that the two of them seem to have the most connection to the case and whatnot in 8.05. They'll also have some scenes together, but it was more of a focus thing than a scenes-together thing.

From E!'s Kristin's Spoiler Chat:

PerfectAnomaly: Is there anything coming up for CSI:NY's Det. Flack?
You might be pleased to hear that the prodigal sister of Detective Flack (Eddie Cahill) will be reappearing in his life. Only time will tell if she's still on the wagon or perhaps face down on the sidewalk. We think it's safe to say that she'll bring some drama to the CSI: New York detective's life because no long lost siblings ever show up just to check-in or grab a drink—er, coffee.
I might be pleased. I might be very pleased indeed (I'm more than freakin pleased, I loved the interaction between Flack and Sam :D).

Very glad to hear Sam's back, and in a potentially troubled/troublesome way.

(Still not worthy of a giftbasket tho; gotta ask AB & CG about stuff other than DL to win that big :p)

jmorgue: Thanks so much for coverage/spoilers of #CSINY! Anything else we can squeeze out of you? Danny/Lindsay, Flack or ...?
You are very welcome. And we have more! We asked Anna Belknap about her favorite moment in premiere, she told us: "The first episode had a nice scene between Lindsay and Adam, which I thought was really sweet. He has a really touching monologue about where he was on 9/11 and it's…painful."
(Is there like a quota or something, of how much DL must be posted by such sites each week?? :p)

Still, will give credit for a perfectly reasonable question asked of AB, and an answer that did in fact touch on other characters. Not a full gift basket, but mebbe a few assorted items from one might be offered.

And yet. As the Flack/Danny double up flashback might have held production considerations, this Lindsay/Adam conversation recollection also sounds like a way to make sure everyone got something addressed to their character, while keeping things pretty condensed in a busy ep. Nuthin wrong with that atall, just an observation, musing about how they put things together.

A nice, sweet scene I'll look forward to then. Adam getting something more expansive and personal to say & do is also very welcome.

Why are all spoiler sites so eager to talk about D/L, but not about anything else?:shifty:
I think Kristin in particular is very ship oriented no matter which show she's talking about so that's why she's alway seems to be on the DL bandwagon. I'm not sure about the other spoiler sites, though.
Well, I also suppose more often than not that romance stuff related to procedurals has little chance of giving away any really pertinent plot points, so it's additionally safe territory to toss tidbits from, beyond the more general sex sells & omgdrama spin philosphies :lol:.

(would guess it also equates with keeping up site traffic & demo demo demo for all involved :p;))

Show, spoilers, promo-spin, sites, yada. Select hands wash others, etc. Who knows.

It looks brilliant, although "The Season that Changes Everything" leaves me a little miffed, I mean, how much change can happen short of killing somebody?
Wow, a pretty tight promo they've put together.

(Also not sure what changes everything, but then again, if S7 was a self-chosen plateau, NY can certainly have S8 move in any direction they want. If that has Messer a sergeant and Mac 'getting closure and moving on,' I suppose that's pretty significant.

Far, far too early to try and read what else the tease of Everything Changes implies. Hope it's not an empty or overstated schpiel, but likely it won't quite fill in such a promise. Hope there's also not some implied finality in it so much as a change in direction. *Shrug* Guess we'll see).

8.07 - "Crushed"

~ The night is just getting started at a well-attended high school 11th grade party. Alcohol is flowing and everyone is having fun. Things don't end well when a girl ends up dead, crushed.
...meh *shrug*. Club ep, burlesque ep, high school ep, I suppose there'll be at least one if not more per season based around such things :lol:.

-

Heh, wonder if Jo's past in burlesque accounting might somehow resurface during the ep earlier descirbed alluding to a burlesque club? :p. Would be great fun to poke at again, just occurred to me </lateral way belated hmmmm>.

~ The entire CSI team is in the field for this case: Mac, Jo, Danny, Hawkes, Lindsay, Flack, and Sid.

~ Can't tell much case-wise. Flack and Jo have a cute moment. A girl had no idea she was the joke of the party and Flack was going to say it to her, but Jo makes a hand gesture and he stops. Flack wonders if she's getting all mushy on him, but she responds by whacking him with a folder. Adorable.
... - wait, what? Sid is in the field? Am I getting that right??

>> :D

(wonder if Messer's back with the team in some capacity by then too, or still a sergeant? Sry, I've probably missed some other hint of such things beyond the IAB stuff)

~ Jo and Lindsay have a bit of a tense moment when it appears a test was not done correctly. Jo wants to make sure the guy doesn't get off again, but (it appears) Lindsay's processing of evidence was not impeccable. Lindsay seems a bit taken aback due to Jo's bluntness.
Sounds more interesting than bonding over worst vomit stories during interrogation :lol:.

Blunt non-coddling Jo works for me, whether Lindsay messed up or not. Tension within the team on occasion also works for me. Bring it.

(an' mebbe sitting in Mac's chair had something rub off on her no matter the mess she tried to leave on top :lol::p)

I'm not crazy about going to high school again. Rich, arrogant kids on plate? I'm getting a bit tired of this. Or much than a bit. Much more.

I like Jo and Flack thing (but is it sooo important and unsual that is has to be stated as a spoiler?).
If I can suffer thru the first four ep DL & Lucy based tidbits above and beyond anything else, I'm freakin' delighted by the description of some inter-team banter between two of my favorites on the show, even if there's no huge !Twizt associated :lol:. It's all fair game.

As for stories of rich kids, entitled teens, high school drama etc., I agree, but unless I've missed something else again (which is entirely possible :p) who's to say the kids in question are indeed rich. I agree NY is more likely to write that more than allude to a harder edged school experience in a grittier area of the city, but ya never know.

OK, who am I kidding. Party, alcohol, high school students, drama. Yep. Oh well :lol:. (But crushed to death? ...dang, man)

And I apologize to all Lindsay's fans (never been one of them), but I just can't wait to see this scene with Jo. ;) Though it is quite surprising. At the beginning of last season I was pretty sure the writers would try to emphasize how close Lindsay and Stella were and therefore make Lindsay and Jo not close with each other (bleh), but then they got them few really nice, bonding scenes, so... What's going on now? We saw Jo still being kind of emotional about this thing from the past, true, but we also saw that she and the rest of the team (well, Adam and Mac) can deal with this in a very mature way, so... I have a lot of questions and doubts here, but still, I can't wait for this.
I don't really have any questions or doubts, just looking forward to seeing what goes down. Sounds very promising.

What I'm in part hoping for is that Jo having been the overall supervisor for awhile might continue to impact how she interacts with the team, and so if she's calling someone out due concern about making an airtight case, s'all good to me.

I don't see any inconsistency. You can still like folk even if you call them on stuff, and even if upset with them for one reason or another. Doesn't mean NY will suddenly create a rift for the sake of it (of course, it doesn't mean they won't :lol:, but I doubt it).

Hmm. I didn't get the impression Lindsay had done anything wrong in regards to processing evidence. What I got out of it was Jo was hoping Lindsay--or anyone else for that matter--hadn't made any errors with their testing. Because like you said, it seems this guy had gotten off before because someone mucked up.
Well, I suppose I am hoping that Lindsay will have been correctly called on something, and that there's some merit to the extra diligence pressured because of earlier circumstances/cases :lol:.

I'd like the clash, tbh, serious in aftermath or not. Even if NY makes the processing the focal point, how they go about it can augment things.

I've enjoyed, for example, Adam approaching Jo because he thought Mac mighta messed up in processing some evidence at a crime scene last season, I've enjoyed Adam delaying talking to Mac about Sam in favor of giving Flack more time a ways back, I liked Jo calling Mac out on Carver, I liked Mac catching Jo snooping on his desk.

Just stuff that lets the actors have something to do and the characters a chance to be themselves as well as functionaries for the story. Evidence alone is kinda dry, no matter how flashy they make it look. Adding stakes like a suspect who'd previously escaped prosecution isn't surprising.

So while the motivation might be about the case, the personalities involved make things more interesting. I'd love to see Jo still guiding and overtly helping to run the team and the cases, it's well within her purview. I'd personally I'd love to see Lindsay called out on something rather than perpetually waltzing in at the eleventh to present sumthin wot sorts everything out :lol:. (and NY still bloody well might have her do that as some form of reparation, if she did in fact screw up earlier :p)

Nothing wrong with characters being fallible once in a while, nor having characters wondering if someone else messed up, whether they did or not. Even where Lindsay's concerned.

Looking forward to the Jo and Flack scene :). Those two are so much fun together.

As for the Jo and Lindsay scene, well what can I say, I look forward to all of Jo's scenes :lol: I don't mind that they have a tense moment. It can't all be cheery and cute between all of them all the time. I like Jo because she's breezy and fun but it's also nice that they give her moments that are more serious and were she has to get "tough". Sela does intense really well.
Agree.

Part of what I love about Jo is the ebb and flow of layers upon layers; she can be giving advice to Lindsay or dealing with her daughter or her ex husband or a suspect in interrogation and there's just this flow to how she intereacts with others, hard edged or supportive or prodding or exasperated or teasing or playful or revealing or some sort of verbal chess game, etc.

She's really brought a whole different palette to NY that's hugely engaging, especially in how she fits within the team. We've seen intense and had various hints of "tough" before, (and tough doesn't always have to mean "physical,") and I hope we get opportunity to see that as well as her empathetic traits. The mix of what seems to have been written around her in this one sound like a lotta fun :p. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for pics & tidbits yas all :)

Yes more drama please. Co-workers don't agree or go along with each other always. So I'm curious how this Jo/Lindsay scene will play out. And I want to see angry/disappointed/frustrated Jo. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back