Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Yay, I can see the thread again. :lol:

Re: the picture - I don't think it involves Claire's remains, although I suppose they could have changed things since I read the spoilers. Like others have said, I hope that's not the case because it feels a bit too neat and a lot of people who lost loved ones on 9/11 haven't been able to get that kind of closure - not that I don't think the writers could handle it well (especially with Gary involved), but I think it's in the best interest of the show not to go there.

But we'll have to wait and see. :)

2. Sarah

Sarah Victim

From E! Online

Information we already knew, but I thought I should post it anyways.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

How can Lindsay get Danny "back" when he never went away? :wtf: :rolleyes: Only in DL land. Only in DL land. :p :shifty:

ETA: I was hoping we'd get to see what Adam was doing on 9/11 but from the way this sounds it probably won't happen. :(

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  4. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

hmmm, I read it as she'll have his back when he and the rookies he's in charge of get into trouble... but why do I get the feeling that she'll simply come across as flatly indignant and "how dare you!" :rolleyes:

As for the premiere, yeah, I can see the ep going either way about him ID'ing Claire, but I'm curious why he's back at the lab if he doesn't... spending a few months at the DNA lab without anything to "show" for it makes for a very weak storyline. I still think he manages to ID *someone*, whether it's Claire or not. After all, something has to prompt him making whatever final closure statement that he makes. I actually think him identifying someone other than Claire and bringing the family the news, and that being what brings him a final measure of peace, would be incredibly touching and far more appropriate and sad than like talkingtocactus said, a convenient hollywood ending... heh, the more I talk about it, the more I'm liking this, and being reconciled to whatever happens :lol: I guess it ultimately comes down to that I implicitly trust GS (considering how personal 9/11 is to him) to make whatever they're doing the most appropriate, respectful and incredible as it can be.

Haha, it's a bloody good thing I have the premiere night off work, or I might have had to call in :guffaw:

5. PerfectAnomaly

Jade_Nolan said:

OK, so I read it again and I have no reading comprehension skills. :rolleyes: :lol:

6. Faylinn

It's probably because your eyes glazed over at yet another question about the same dang thing.

brandnewinformation.gif

At least the other question addresses someone other than The Messer Family™. I'm looking forward to seeing each character thinking back to that day. I also hope we get to see everyone, although the original spoilers mentioned Sid having a flashback - I hope that's a sign that he and Adam will be included. (I'd hate if they cut Sid out and/or left Adam out too.)

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I have a feeling I'm going to end up crying during the Mac part of the ep.

I'm still hung up though on the pictures Mac showed Reed in season 3 vs the actress who was cast...I guess they're just going to pretend it was the same person. Not much you can do, really, that might just have been a model rather than an actress.

8. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I hope not. The only times I've cried over a TV show is when Steve Carell left The Office and the final scene in the last episode of CSI: NY's season 7, but that was mostly because I thought the show would be ending then.

9. isttoptan

isttoptan Victim

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Yep. Me too. And I don't cry. haha, this ep better live up to all this hype :lol:

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Lots of catching up to do.

Hm. Two eps. She'll annoy Danny, put him on the hot seat by screwing up, he publically humilates her as a result, something violent and dramatic happens, she more seriously ratchets up teh pressure with his new promotion in hanging teh balance, with motivations unknown; there are no romantic sparks but flares of a different kind, probably wif Lindsay. All wrapped up by the 4th. Yep, sometimes 10% is all ya need :lol:.

Dunno if I dare to hope Messer's stripes will be seen beyond that or not, if they wanna draw out any question of possibly returning to the labs.

HaylenKayeBecallSullivanMacCarlucciTaylor!!! :lol:. Who knows teh reasonz why. The double or nuthin darts round in the writers' room had one land on a new page within Chapter "C" in teh book o names? :p.

Sounds like they're writing Messer in an interesting way, in the midst of things beyond his control.

Starting to feel a few misgivings the more tidbits are released though. While it mebbe implies some of his Snow Day action hero type stuff, it also kinda sounds like he's written as a bit of a victim and reactive, unable to do much to influence anything that will follow.

Meaning. I'm wondering how much he'll actually get to do amid the fallout, whereas it sounds like there could be a lot for others to do around him with the investigation, that he might not be able to participate in.

I just don't want him to sit on the sidelines with only DL stuff to do, after the street scenes have set up the story. Hopefully he still gets screentime and something to do in dealing with the IA aspect.

Sounds like Officer Cooper could be an interesting role, for such a short stint on the show. Hope so. Would like this to be messy, complicated and not so easily resolved, and to have some sort of lasting impact, even if crammed into a limited span of time.

:D.

That is all.

...well...

Less necessary than confronting Cooper perhaps, but to be expected, really. Ships passing in the night, and one's run aground, how could NY resist :lol:.

To heighten the question of whether or not the promotion and related obligations are indeed worth it?

Certainly agree wif dat.

Of course they are, why wouldn't they be? :lol:. Another club/party ep forthcoming forthwith? :p.

:rommie:. (Meh, 's just sumthin to talk about :p).

Has she been paying your drinks tab with all that's been pilfered? :lol:

All the same, when near on every dang spoiler doled out so far relating to the season has featured DL over and above just about everyone else, and moreover seem to suggest that that the first four eps of the upcoming season will give ample and specific focus to DL over and above other characters, when even Lucy gets mentioned before the rest of the central roster, well, let's just say that I'm not in the least surprised that talk has centred around such matters :lol:.

Given DL is also the only canon relationship, the only full time relationship & romance on a forensic police procedural, it has inevitably become a polarizing element, and so yeah, it will draw all the more attention, and lord knows TPTB certainly take advantage of that ;).

Additionally, where ever there might even be a hint of material that might dip a toe into Shipping lanes, whether canon or not, strong feelings do tend to follow, pro and con. Or were ya up an' getting a refill thru all the smack/Jo/Stella bruha too, for example, and so missed out on that? :p. I wouldn't blame ya, mind you :lol:.

The storyline seems to have the potential to give Danny some individual focus, something that many have hoped for, so I'm also not surprised that there might be frustration anticipated because it could well find itself seconded to relationship stuff instead.

I'm glad we even got mention of a 9/11 ep in the face of it all :lol: :p.

When we start to be given indication that NY is writing for more than just DL, when others start being mentioned, when NY and media sites chance that spoilers other than romance related teases might generate interest, I'm sure focus of conversation will duly shift :lol:.

What gets me about this site is that it feels like one of the very few that encourage folk to speak their opinion, whatever it happens to be, and to chat about the differences.

As for Lindsay, I'm "anti" how she's been used within the show over the years, let's say :lol:. For me, she started off well enough, but the manner of writing undertaken, and yeah, some of AB's performances, have combined to mean she's earned her current state of regard all on her own.

I ever retain the open offer for NY/AB to win me over with Lindsay. Hit and miss is all I can say though. Glad to have a forum available to say it in. Also happy to debate with others of differing opinions, usually makes for very interesting convo. Happier to chat than to label, but that's just me :p

For teh record, Jo got a very mixed reception, and people weren't in the least shy about letting their feelings be known :lol:. Mac gets slammed periodically, Danny's path over the years generates strong feelings, Stella, despite allegations of such, was not universally loved, Sheldon seems to generate mixed response, etc etc. Flack, Adam, and Sid seem to generate less contrast somehow :p, but essentially, it seems there's not one character that doesn't have both fans and detractors. I think the site demo also reflects that.

I hope we get spoilers about everyone. Wee tidbits I'm holding onto at the moment are the 9/11 ep, that Sid gets a flashback, and the implication that each of them will, Danny in a position of responsibility, Adam outside the labs, Mac getting closure and new evolution; ie. stuff what sounds different from teh norm.

I hope we'll get hints of other storylines coming up soon. I hope they think we'd be bloody well interested in hearing of them :p.

Yes plz.

Continuity, two eps in a row, awesome :lol:

Rather interesting to see that Danny seems to have a squad filled to brimming with rookies. *shrug* Makes the hot seat hotter, I suppose.

...a squad full of !Conspiring rookies, no less :lol:.

Sounds like a very good ep though.

Ah. So this would be the Flares of a Different Kind, I presume.

I'm betting she won't confront any of the other conspiring squad members, just the most gorgeous of them.

I hope it turns out that Cooper is a super solid and interesting character, and well written and well played. The whole mystery increasingly sounds like it'll pivot on her, and therefore to a certain extent, Danny's Sgt arc.

As for the interpersonal/character angle, hope it's about Danny and his career and Cooper's similarly imperiled career, and not about self-righteousness from any involved.

Lol.

All I'm really hoping for is that Danny's role in this isn't written overly passive.

This has vague unsettling echoes of the Shane Casey stalking arc, in that it first seemed to be centered around Danny but became a Lindsay arc. Hope this one doesn't end similarly.

I'm not sure anyone just talking to Cooper would be impeding an investigation. I also got the impression that "the CSIs," as one spoiler bit called them, were the ones investigating the assault & shootings, wherein they'd certainly talk to Cooper as well as IA.

That Lindsay is married to the guy the incident surrounds might seem to preclude her from participating in the investigation, however, whereas Flack or any of the others would not have that conflict of interest implied. Don't know if her confrontation is undertaken in personal or professional capacity, but I'm betting it's personal.

As for swapping. It kinda seems to me that if Flack, for example, were the one confronting Cooper, it might be read foremost as a cop drama, with the Job and case being the focus. It might be about what happened. It might be about Cooper having to decide what she wants her future to be, not just Messer's.

That NY has written Lindsay to be the one to approach her seems to further the notion this promotion and squad drama is indeed a DL arc. Suggests that it's not really about Cooper. That it's not really about what it's like to be a rookie or a sergeant. That it's not about the Job. That it's not even about what they're hiding. That what happened is not really the point. It sounds like it's about jeopardizing the promotion Danny undertook in consideration for the future of his family. It sounds like either vindicating him or knocking him back down a peg or both. It sounds like part and parcel of an arc that NY has written to create relationship drama above all.

Two-fer-one coasting. It would have been fair game to write any team member tapping Cooper's shoulder, even if the implication is they cross a line in doing so. But why write anyone else in. DL are already conjoined, after all :p.

Would make for a very charged atmosphere, no doubt. Nice that NY are involving them :). I'm liking what's been described of the show's overall approach to this.

Thanks for reposting. Nice pic :). Looks very promising.

Also love that they went to NYC to film for this one in particular.

Well, at least a question about the 9/11 aspect made it thru to being answered :p.

Looking forward to this one. I'm sure mebbe I said that already :lol:

...Hey. Just curious here. And I know it's early days yet. But. Any DL spoilers come out yet? Has anyone heard anything about Danny and Lindsay's relationship? Lucy? Do they have a dog yet? What about a pet hamster? Did they have salad on Tuesday? Any news released? Anyone. ...Anyone? ...Anything at all? ...HelloOOoOo?

:p :lol:

What this seems to confirm is Faylinn's theory that there are No Good Cops outside teh Team :p. Conspiring Screw Up Rookies are Not to be Trusted.

Support, well an' good I suppose, but I'm not liking the sinking pit in my stomach that Lindsay somehow saves the situation and right wrongs yada.

Not bloody keen. Where teh hell is Messer in all this??? Besides trying to beg off dinner?

Plz to tell me this isn't really gonna turn into another Lindsay-centric resolution like the Casey arc turned out to be?

Noo0oOO0o :shifty::p

Well, in a way I might be happy if that's all it is... :lol:. So long as Danny doesn't need saving cos he can't save hisowndangself :p.

Identifying Claire was something I hadn't considered too much. It's something I'd rather hoped would be left undetermined, if that makes sense; I tend to agree with talkingtocactus here.

I guess the framework I've mulled in my head is that Mac took a temporary leave to pursue a project for the tenth anniversary, wanted to contribute more directly than his NYPD position would permit; that any solace and closure he finds in doing so are found more internally, not from having anything to "show" for the time devoted, or any one catalyst discovery.

Still also wondering about this tech (Hannah, was it?) and how she'll be used in prodding him for revelations, etc.

That sort of thing could work, and would be something I'd find acceptable. That could be very moving.

Agree.

12. Faylinn

Hmm, that's a good point. I might have misunderstood the spoilers, and the team might not actually be working the case involving Danny - but members of the team do mention the gun that was used to fire at Lauren being used to shoot someone, so perhaps they get 'involved' that way, even if they aren't allowed to work Danny's case? I don't know for sure, we'll see. Spoilers can be a bit vague (and I can misinterpret things). You never know for sure until the episode airs. :p

13. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Awww, I really am going to cry during the premiere. :(

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Those pictures that CBS Watch is advertising on facebook of Eddie and Carmine new or from an old magazine? I need to know if Eddie cut his hair or not, lol, and in that pic he has his hair short.

15. PerfectAnomaly

I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet money it's from the old one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.