Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I definitely agree about both points. As for Danny being boss, apart from what's stated above^, IMO Danny just isn't 'boss' material. Not yet. He lacks the emotional maturity that's needed to have that kind of role. I'm not saying he has to be the same as Mac, but he does need to grow up emotionally quite a bit before he'd be able to emotionally and mentally deal with the role of boss. Look how much it gets to poor Mac sometimes. Danny would end up having a breakdown within a month if he were to become the boss at this point in his life. I actually would prefer to see Danny back out on the street. He seems more suited to that kind of work than in the lab.
    And yes, Claire is dead. I think 'Indelible' pretty much confirmed that, not so much in the flashbacks of what happened to her, but in that final scene of Mac finally letting go of those opera tickets. That was a big, big moment for Mac, and I don't think they'd ruin that now by having her turn up alive, never mind how disrespectful it would be to families of victims in RL.

^that. :)

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think it's safe to believe them that it won't be a cliff. It's a different case than the Eva La Rue thing.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

About Danny, I really don't think he will ever be boss he doesn't even seem like he can't handle it. Plus, it won't happen anyway since he had that issue with the rookies.

I have to admit, I kinda miss having him back on the street.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree that despite TPTB's claims that being married to Lindsay magically made Danny mature, they haven't proven that in the show's canon. He may be boss material some day, but they'd have to show many more seasons of growth for that to be remotely believable.

As for S7 being a cliffhanger, I personally don't think it was a real cliffhanger. It was satisfying to me as a viewer that Mac could choose to walk away from the lab or return. Either way there was really no unfinished business that compelled me to wonder which path he would choose. Obviously when they got renewed there was no question that Mac would return.

The same with the Danny storyline. He made Sgt. and I could've lived without having to see him in that role had the show ended. Considering I think they did a crap job of that storyline in S8 it probably would've been preferable to me to just leave it at him getting the promotion and leaving where that could've led up to my imagination.

5. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, I remember the debate over wanting Danny to have saved himself...I wonder if there's a way they could still do a storyline where he has to save himself and get it to come out a lot better. I still ponder the earlier one too...think I'll go to character thread for that part though. They couldn't do the boss version again, I agree, he needs more growth.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  6. Rena

Rena Rookie

Yeah, you're right. I think I'm just disappointed from what they made with Miami that I find it hard to believe whatever the producer say about the shows. It's like "yeah, sure, bla bla, let's see what happens!" :lol: I could imagine that they will come up with something they could continue in another season, like no real cliff as in previous seasons or in the other shows, but something that makes you want to know what will be next. Or maybe there will be some real closure (which I would prefer) and everything will be clear for everyone.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

"The Ripple Effect" press release:

8. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks Vegaslights!:)

9. MacsGirlMel

I expect some mixed feelings...when one of these pops up in Vegas, there's always several responses of "man, ANOTHER 'our cases are connected' ep? lol

Has New York done that as often?

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Haha :lol: But no, NY has had a couple eps where two cases have ended up coming together, but it's definitely not the norm. In fact I'd be hard pressed to think of more than 5 at best in the entire series....

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

*excited eeeeeee!!!!!* Guns and shootings and drama and grisly kidnappings... Now that's what I call an episode! :D Thanks Perl! :hugegrin:

13. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

ooh!! Sounds pretty exciting :) I can't wait. that's this friday, right?

14. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Yes this friday night

15. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

Quote from Anthony Zuicker: The episode the other night was fantastic and I just feel like to have this kind of staying power in Season Twelve, Ten, and Eight for all three shows is remarkable. This could be, arguably, one of our strongest franchise seasons yet.

i'm trying to catch a straw here.i mean,one can interpret this indication as a conclusion that all csi's get past the cancellation process.imo it would be quite a stretch,if it wasn't one of the creators who shared his thoughts with the network/www.so im still optimistic on season 9.the numbers are still (relatively) great, and they still have that international lobby(im from germany.csi runs from monday till friday).on the other hand cbs ordered a bunch of pilots..

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.