Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ER nurse? If you did, I liked her too.

Was she a nurse or a doctor? I can't even remember lol.
Aubrey from s6? She was an ER doctor, and yeah, I didn't mind her either. But then, I've never concerned myself with who Mac is or is not involved with. The only person I didn't like was Peyton, and reason was because I hated the way she treated Mac, and not only how she broke up with him. I thought their Peyton-induced relationship troubles during s3 were crappy on her part as well. But when it comes right down to it, the only thing that makes me nervous or squinty about love interests, is how they're handled by the writers, and the danger of it coming across as contrived and rushed.
Tequesta said:
JadeNolan said:
huh, what are the odds you'd run across one of the 0.000000000000000000001%....? Well, I guess you have now. Congratulations on achieving a huge mathematical improbability!
Ha! :lol:
I take it you're in the 0.000000000000000000001% as well? Now what are the odds?! :lol:

That's the thing about the writers, how will the handle it? With Sheldon and Camillie, I didn't like Camille because she seemed to be a snotty little brat who didn't understand that Sheldon had to work and stuff.

I still don't think I'm the only Smacked shipper here, but I don't want to go into debates really because that's what the shipper area's for. That said, it's dampened a bit with her no longer there. I wouldn't mind a Smacked ending, but if this love interest doesn't work out, I'm a bigger fan of open endings, because it's the best way not to get some of the fans mad about it.

I think with the measure of closure he got in the premiere it makes sense to have Mac finally ready to move on from Claire. I see Peyton as an attempt that showed he maybe wasn't as ready as he thought.

That said, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have him move on with a character that is not on the show any longer since they could never actually show scenes of them together. If they were going to have him with someone off screen I'd much rather have him still not ready to start again after Claire than have him in a "relationship" with a non-existent character.

This show has had a problem over the years of telling instead of showing people what's going on anyway. I don't want them to have to tell me what's happening with Mac's love life without seeing it. That would be completely boring and pointless.

They have a hard time finding a balance sometimes I think. They tend to go too far when they do try showing it, and then we have people getting unhappy with too much in-your-face.

I doubt Mac ever would have done anything with Stella anyway because if they want his character kept intact, they couldn't have had a romance with a subordinate, it would have been a big ethical breach. That's why though I liked the ship, I deep down was okay with not seeing it become canon.

I doubt Mac ever would have done anything with Stella anyway because if they want his character kept intact, they couldn't have had a romance with a subordinate, it would have been a big ethical breach. That's why though I liked the ship, I deep down was okay with not seeing it become canon.

This exactly. I was more a fan of the ship in fics though, but what you said is the reason I was okay with them never having it become canon.

Last edited:
Okay, here's some information about the episode :)

8.15 "Flash Pop":

~ A young tech from the New York Crime Lab, Roni, was stabbed to death. The team interacts with several other young techs, including Harlan, who works in the ballistics department.

~ Roni's death is similar to the murder of a young woman named Lana in 1957. Lana was stabbed with a paper spike (something like this), and she was wearing bright red lipstick. Detective Burton was the lead on the original case, and the old man comes to the lab to help Mac. Lana's murder was never solved.

~ Roni is wearing the same type of lipstick Lana was wearing, which was a popular color in 1957 - the color wasn't included in the crime report, and the crime scene photos were in black and white. The person who killed Roni has information that wasn't widely disseminated.

~ Looks like we'll see Christine from 8.12 again. Mac visits her at a cafe, and she gives him several take-out bags full of food since the team will be working an all-nighter.​

Okay, here's some information about the episode :)

8.15 "Flash Pop":

~ A young tech from the New York Crime Lab, Roni, was stabbed to death. The team interacts with several other young techs, including Harlan, who works in the ballistics department.

~ Roni's death is similar to the murder of a young woman named Lana in 1957. Lana was stabbed with a paper spike (something like this), and she was wearing bright red lipstick. Detective Burton was the lead on the original case, and the old man comes to the lab to help Mac. Lana's murder was never solved.

~ Roni is wearing the same type of lipstick Lana was wearing, which was a popular color in 1957 - the color wasn't included in the crime report, and the crime scene photos were in black and white. The person who killed Roni has information that wasn't widely disseminated.

~ Looks like we'll see Christine from 8.12 again. Mac visits her at a cafe, and she gives him several take-out bags full of food since the team will be working an all-nighter.​

Hmmm... This is probably going to piss off some people. But then, Mac and the team have done it in the past so, why should this case be any different. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Does look really good though.

Maybe it has to do with an old-fashioned camera? Although that seems to be a tenuous connection to the plot from the spoilers we've seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back