Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, Dec 13, 2006.

1. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

I hope CSI will go to at least Season 10 :lol:

I also hope everyone returns for the next season, wouldn't be the same without them all, IMO.

2. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

I guess the good news is that for the most part, the players are going to be around for another season. If this is the case, it of course allows them to drag certain issues ongoing, such as the GSR and such.

Season 7 has been hilighted by many good story arcs, from the miniature killer, Grissom on leave, his very strange replacement, and important story arcs for many of the characters. This has been the year that in my eyes Greg has gone from boy to man.

For season 8, I am hoping to some extent that "lab work" and the discovery of evidence through the forensic process comes back more to the forefront. As there is now a very well developed set of lab rat secondary characters to play with, it would seem that their work and their efforts could combine more with the CSIs.

I am also hoping for multiple episode crimes / pursuits. Having just re-watched the end of the Paul Milander deal (which went from season 1 show 1 to mid season 2 (36 episodes). I like the idea that some crimes, at least at the time, are not entirely solvable. The neat wrapup at minute 55 of the hour sometimes just bothers me.

Returning characters have always made the show strong, such as Lady Heather. I am hoping that Season 8 sees some of the good (and not so good) come back to haunt us. Remember, some of the criminals that made it to jail in season 1 could be coming out on parole now.

Here's to hoping season 8 tops season 7, which is saying potentially the best season yet!

3. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Personally, I hope that the spoilage about the MCSK's identity is actually a red herring, and that the killer isn't neatly caught at the end of the finale (that's just speculation, BTW)... pushing this storyline to Season 8. Especially if it meant Grissom becomes a man obsessed, to the point of it being extremely difficult to be around him and his team seriously fearing for his sanity. Yeah. I'd enjoy that.

But, as I doubt they'll be brave enough to go that route... I'm a little worried for Season 8. How are they going to top this season, seriously? I'm not sure they can, and I certainly don't want them to try using personal stories rather than crime-related ones. Maybe they can do something with Grissom's new-found fame after catching the unique MCSK, and how it's damaging his ability to do his job... not that he's caught up in being famous or anything, but rather than he's not anonymous anymore and simply can't do things the way he used to. Or something.

4. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Well I'd like to see the MCSK go on into next season, I just don't think it will happen. I also think CBS is stupid for letting the secret out, after building it up the entire season. I'll be interested to see the path they go for next season.

5. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I'll admit, although I don't know who on earth the MCSK could be, I think it's incredibly stupid that they didn't guard that piece of info on pain of dismissal or something. That's the one thing I don't like about spoilers... you can't surprise an audience anymore. There's rumors going about that some bozo got his/her hands on a pink script (i.e. 2nd draft) for the Smallville finale.... I guess carelessness or money will just ensure that even the most suspenseful plot points are revealed long before the show airs. But I think that's a shame, personally.

Maybe Grissom can take a backseat in Season 8 - personal storyline-wise, I mean; not with regards to cases - while we concentrate on something happening with Warrick. Yoo-hoo, TPTB! Remember Warrick? The really sexy black guy? He used to have a life a few years ago; think you could give it back to him?

6. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Ya I don't know how they let the cat out of the bag on this one. I mean spoiler readers didn't know if Nick nor Brass were gonna live the past two seasons, yet they let the Mini Killer out. CBS is so dumb

7. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

perhaps a good indication that all they let out wasn't exactly the truth?

Here is my season 8 question: If Sofia is gone (apparently off to another series?), who will replace her on the police side of things? I have considered in the last couple of years that Catherine and Nick would do as well on the other side of things. This would open up some space to allow maybe another labrat to come up junior in the team, which does allow for a whole bunch of potential new twists.

A team shakeup still might not be a bad thing.

My other longer term speculation is the removal of Eckley as the guy running the lab, with Grissom moving into that job (which is the job we thought he had in season 1 episode 3 or so). That would move him from being in the field all the time to being more office oriented, freeing up space for a junior CSI (as well as allowing the introduction of more secondary characters from other shifts, etc). Move Catherine up to run night shift, and things just sort themselves out nicely. Plus it would make it easier for WP to wander away and do other projects, as he wouldn't be tied into every episode in the same manner.

Pure speculation, that is for sure...

8. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Well as far as the Mini Killer goes, it makes too much sense for it not to be true.

Also, if Season 8 is the last, I don't really want to see any more characters coming in, and I'd hate for Grissom to not be in the field. We see little of him working now, I don't want to see any less.

9. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Wouldn't it be cute if they promoted Warrick to go on the police-side of things.. Maybe then they'd give him something to work with. :eek:

10. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Ya seriously, what have we had, 2 Warrick centric episodes in the history of the show.

11. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

But...if they moved Warrick to the PD side he could end up like Vartann, Vega and O'Reilly! Where the heck are they these days?!? :lol:

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

it would be nice to see more of warrick....as of late, there hasn't been much of him, but to be promoted to the PD, I don't know.......I don't know if I could see that personally, cause like MCSTOKES said.....he could end up like Vartann, Vega and O'Reilly! And that would not be cool!

13. nuttynickyxx

nuttynickyxx Witness

im hopin that sara bak and they r keepin quiet becos of the seaon 7 finale......i HOPE lol

14. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

hey

all i want is for it to be a next season and one after that...and another one after and so on...

my world will get very sad..not to mention boring...if the show ever ends

***CSI is my sanity***

15. Brassy

Brassy Hit and Run

Sofia not returning will change the dynamics some. Of course, Brass handled everything alone for a long time.