Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** Sneak a Peek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Ausellio is referring to the episode where Ryan and Calleigh are nearly killed or at least I hope that's the episode he's referring to. Calleigh has been through enough these past few seasons.

I am 99.9% sure that is the episode he is referring to and that is the episode to which we are all referring.

I understand where the writers are coming from though, with all the Calleigh "drama" as everyone is referring to it. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So here is mine:

They designed Calleigh to be this strong willed, defiant, tough as nails character who is really the "rock" of the team. No matter what she is always there for everyone, covers for teammates and tends to stay on an emotional even keel. She never shows her "hand" so to speak and keeps her emotions tucked deep inside; unlike most of the other characters on the show who will have emotional outbursts from time to time where they "show" their emotions whether they be anger, love, joy, etc. She tends to play things off in a closed of manner.

Unfortunately, characters need to change and evolve as a show continues. And in order to do that with a character who comes off so "tough" they have to go through emotional and physical trials to show their more human side. Basically, it is a "how much can one tough as nails person take before they crack?" IMO they want to "humanize" the Calleigh character a little more. And they seem to think this is the best way to get that done. I also, think the walls she has put up are starting to crumble.

Look, she is my favorite character so I love seeing the emotional and physical storylines for her....have they picked on her a lot lately? Yes. But the same could be said for Eric. The last two to three seasons they shot him, they shot his sister, he got sued, he has an upcoming storyline (ep 710) where someone is trying to kill him; the list goes on.

So, I happen to like what they are doing with Calleigh lately and I think Emily is doing a great job with all of it.

In the end, it is all a matter of tastes and opinions and that is exactly why we all come here; to voice our opinions and get constructive criticism on them and have great discussions.

I totally agree with this. I really enjoy what Emily is doing with the character, it's such a treat to watch. I guess I can say I'm biased cause Cal is my favorite character and I don't really care how many storylines are about her (though I do get there are other characters). I do think Cal became too robotic especially in season 4 where she just came and went. Since season five it's been a little bit better but still she's way too closed off at times. So I'm enjoying this change cause I think it's necessary to her character and what happens in 7.14 is something I really want to see cause this time the event actually took her to the hospital. So maybe they could've taken her sooner to the hospital IDK, but I think it's great all of this is happening to her and we have to see her dealing with her emotions. I think that if there's something the writers want to show the audience is Cal having to deal with how she's feeling and that she's not always in control and that things do affect her. I've really think it's great we've seen her cry and kind of loose control a little (like that scene with Valera in the last eppy were she was kind of out of it). If she hadn't gone through some of the last events in her life it would've kind of come out of the blue. So I'm looking forward as to how she deals with Eric living in a motel in 7.10 and her incident in 7.14 and whataver else they have in store for her :).

Maybe Ausellio is referring to the episode where Ryan and Calleigh are nearly killed or at least I hope that's the episode he's referring to. Calleigh has been through enough these past few seasons.

I am 99.9% sure that is the episode he is referring to and that is the episode to which we are all referring.

I understand where the writers are coming from though, with all the Calleigh "drama" as everyone is referring to it. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So here is mine:

They designed Calleigh to be this strong willed, defiant, tough as nails character who is really the "rock" of the team. No matter what she is always there for everyone, covers for teammates and tends to stay on an emotional even keel. She never shows her "hand" so to speak and keeps her emotions tucked deep inside; unlike most of the other characters on the show who will have emotional outbursts from time to time where they "show" their emotions whether they be anger, love, joy, etc. She tends to play things off in a closed of manner.

Unfortunately, characters need to change and evolve as a show continues. And in order to do that with a character who comes off so "tough" they have to go through emotional and physical trials to show their more human side. Basically, it is a "how much can one tough as nails person take before they crack?" IMO they want to "humanize" the Calleigh character a little more. And they seem to think this is the best way to get that done. I also, think the walls she has put up are starting to crumble.

Look, she is my favorite character so I love seeing the emotional and physical storylines for her....have they picked on her a lot lately? Yes. But the same could be said for Eric. The last two to three seasons they shot him, they shot his sister, he got sued, he has an upcoming storyline (ep 710) where someone is trying to kill him; the list goes on.

So, I happen to like what they are doing with Calleigh lately and I think Emily is doing a great job with all of it.

In the end, it is all a matter of tastes and opinions and that is exactly why we all come here; to voice our opinions and get constructive criticism on them and have great discussions.

Great post!

Ya know everyone has thier own opinion, & it would be completely different if TPTB were allowing the other characters to have stories along with all her drama, but they've put them on the backburner & I dislike that.
Besides that, breaking down someone walls, even as tough as Calleighs, could be done & SHOULD have already been done with the kidnapping & losing William - that would have been enough. I don't care how tough the person is - numerous tragedies that are as ridiculous as labs catching fire, & getting in car accident after car accident isn't necessary & neither is inhaling insulation (IMO).
Personally, I'd appreciate more what they're doing with her if the problems were more of a personal nature like involving a problem with her Father or Mother, a death, something a little more believeable than all these situtions "on the job" that they seem to think is what would break a person down.

I can certainly agree Horatio & Eric have both had lots as well. But I give them the benefit of the doubt simply because their issues have at least been hit by personal tragedies & not just having terrible luck on the job, which is how I see all these little "tragedies".

I don't think every one of them have carried any significance in developing her character out. After a certain point it just becomes annoying & unbelieveable. Im not dogging the character by any means, I just don't enjoy, nor do I find it entertaining, to watch them carry her through all these incidents over & over again . I don't consider it evolving, it's more repeticious at this point. It doesn't help that they've shoved all of it into the past 2 years either, & it's not exactly subtle when it's always "something" in like every other episode.

Ya know everyone has thier own opinion, & it would be completely different if TPTB were allowing the other characters to have stories along with all her drama, but they've put them on the backburner & I dislike that.
Besides that, breaking down someone walls, even as tough as Calleighs, could be done & SHOULD have already been done with the kidnapping & losing William - that would have been enough. I don't care how tough the person is - numerous tragedies that are as ridiculous as labs catching fire, & getting in car accident after car accident isn't necessary & neither is inhaling insulation (IMO).
Personally, I'd appreciate more what they're doing with her if the problems were more of a personal nature like involving a problem with her Father or Mother, a death, something a little more believeable than all these situtions "on the job" that they seem to think is what would break a person down.

I can certainly agree Horatio & Eric have both had lots as well. But I give them the benefit of the doubt simply because their issues have at least been hit by personal tragedies & not just having terrible luck on the job, which is how I see all these little "tragedies".

I don't think every one of them have carried any significance in developing her character out. After a certain point it just becomes annoying & unbelieveable. Im not dogging the character by any means, I just don't enjoy, nor do I find it entertaining, to watch them carry her through all these incidents over & over again . I don't consider it evolving, it's more repeticious at this point. It doesn't help that they've shoved all of it into the past 2 years either, & it's not exactly subtle when it's always "something" in like every other episode.

I do see your point. But Calleigh has been built up to be soo strong for sooo long that two events is not going to break her. Wound her yes, but not break. That would only make the character then look weak and it would totally be unbelieveable. B/c after 5 seasons of being this "tough as nails" character, who has been through a ton of crap both as a child and an adult and TWO traumatic events happen and all of sudden she is a crying puddle of mush? NO WAY. Also, should she had broken then we would all be calling her the thing that, IMO, TPTB don't want to turn her into b/c she has never been: A damsel in distress.

She needs to be "wounded," either emotionally or physically, b/c the walls are just too thick. As someone said above she has become sort of "robotic" and in order to break that a lot sh*t has to happen. So those two events you described, while very traumatic, are just chips off an extremely thick iceberg. Look, if her father's drinking problem didn't break her as a child chances are it is never going to be the thing that pushes her over the edge and breaks her. Trust me, I am speaking from personal experience on that one. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The very fact that she has to go to the hsopital this time makes the situation more real to everyone around her and especially her. After both those incidents she either went home or dealt with it in her own way (morgue scene with William)....going to the hospital and physically being forced to confront her own mortality is way more earth shattering, IMO, for someone as emotionally blocked off and "robotic" as she, more often than not tends to be. Calleigh has a tendancy to run from emotional stress/situations but when stuck in hopsital bed with I.V's strapped to you, makes it a little hard to do so.

When Eric was shot it was easy for her to show emotion b/c she didn't want to lose another friend, who is probably more than a friend, and b/c it was about someone else. To be faced with one's own mortality is a totally different emotional rollercoaster. It is always easier to admit that you are scared FOR someone than it is to admit you are scared FOR yourself when you are that emotionally closed off.

How many other storylines have been put on the back burner b/c of H or Eric's drama? Even Ryan's getting fired, attempting to get rehired and then finally getting rehired, IMO, got in the way of other storylines on the show. There were one too many eps when that was going on, that I felt, interferred or took away from the episode story. The truth of the matter is, it happens with ALL of them. People are just more attuned when it happens to one character either for bias or affection of that particular character.

Last edited:
How many other storylines have been put on the back burner b/c of H or Eric's drama? Even Ryan's getting fired, attempting to get rehired and then finally getting rehired, IMO, got in the way of other storylines on the show. There were one too many eps when that was going on, that I felt, interferred or took away from the episode story. The truth of the matter is, it happens with ALL of them. People are just more attuned when it happens to one character either for bias or affection of that particular character.
There were relatively few episodes were Ryan was featured prominently that dealt with the firing,attempted rehiring and then rehiring.The other episodes in truth,if you went to the bathroom,there was a real chance to miss his appearence in the show.His airtime was way too short to interfere with anything.Perhaps the complaints people voice are more out of the quantity of their favorites appearence.
I do think there is an attempt to remedy some of the that situation. Judging from the recent opener,it looks as if several characters will have some type of storyline coming up(not too sure of Natalia)I'm very interested in were this season is going regarding all of the characters.

I do see your point. But Calleigh has been built up to be soo strong for sooo long that two events is not going to break her. Wound her yes, but not break. That would only make the character then look weak and it would totally be unbelieveable. B/c after 5 seasons of being this "tough as nails" character, who has been through a ton of crap both as a child and an adult and TWO traumatic events happen and all of sudden she is a crying puddle of mush? NO WAY. Also, should she had broken then we would all be calling her the thing that, IMO, TPTB don't want to turn her into b/c she has never been: A damsel in distress.

She needs to be "wounded," either emotionally or physically, b/c the walls are just too thick. As someone said above she has become sort of "robotic" and in order to break that a lot sh*t has to happen. So those two events you described, while very traumatic, are just chips off an extremely thick iceberg. Look, if her father's drinking problem didn't break her as a child chances are it is never going to be the thing that pushes her over the edge and breaks her. Trust me, I am speaking from personal experience on that one. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The very fact that she has to go to the hsopital this time makes the situation more real to everyone around her and especially her. After both those incidents she either went home or dealt with it in her own way (morgue scene with William)....going to the hospital and physically being forced to confront her own mortality is way more earth shattering, IMO, for someone as emotionally blocked off and "robotic" as she, more often than not tends to be. Calleigh has a tendancy to run from emotional stress/situations but when stuck in hopsital bed with I.V's strapped to you, makes it a little hard to do so.

When Eric was shot it was easy for her to show emotion b/c she didn't want to lose another friend, who is probably more than a friend, and b/c it was about someone else. To be faced with one's own mortality is a totally different emotional rollercoaster. It is always easier to admit that you are scared FOR someone than it is to admit you are scared FOR yourself when you are that emotionally closed off.

I can understand what people are thinking about a new calleigh storline but I have to say that I absolutely agree with delkolover (and Florry;)).
When I first read about this new Calleigh storyline I thougth "Oh, My God! What are they doing to her again?" but now I'm really excited about it. We have never seen the consequences of all the things which happened to Calleigh in these last years. She has always delt with them alone and far from the viewers' eyes. We are starting to think that she isn't human and that's not good, not for the show, which has already a lot of too strong characters, neither for the actress who is starting to play a character who's becoming "robotic" (I'm stealing the word from you delkolover, I like it!;)) and far from realistic.
Yeah, they have given her a lot of storylines, but we have to say they still haven't succeded in showing what's inside Calleigh Duquesne. I think this is the moment. If they do that now, I'm sure they will stop torturing her but we will have a more human and realisting character. Closer to us!

I can understand what people are thinking about a new calleigh storline but I have to say that I absolutely agree with delkolover (and Florry;)).
When I first read about this new Calleigh storyline I thougth "Oh, My God! What are they doing to her again?" but now I'm really excited about it. We have never seen the consequences of all the things which happened to Calleigh in these last years. She has always delt with them alone and far from the viewers' eyes. We are starting to think that she isn't human and that's not good, not for the show, which has already a lot of too strong characters, neither for the actress who is starting to play a character who's becoming "robotic" (I'm stealing the word from you delkolover, I like it!;)) and far from realistic.
Yeah, they have given her a lot of storylines, but we have to say they still haven't succeded in showing what's inside Calleigh Duquesne. I think this is the moment. If they do that now, I'm sure they will stop torturing her but we will have a more human and realisting character. Closer to us!
Well hopefully, as I mentioned earlier, this will be the famous last step for her new development and we won't see her character tortured anymore.
My original thought for these last spoilers was just "great, we're finally going to see her in hospital" without thinking about her character development.
Now, I was thinking about it in a better way and I came up with the idea that for the first time she won't be alone while in whatever situation she's. I mean she's in a hospital bed with some kind of health troubles, but she's not alone like she's always been. For the first time we're going to see Alexx being there for her and supporting her.
I think this is just great. That's what makes me think this will be the last step to see how is Calleigh's inside her character.
Plus if what will happen her in 7x14 will have consequences (I'm pretty sure it will have), we're finally going to see how she will deal with them and that's the only way to see Calleigh's real personality .

In my opinion, I think this is the ONLY way the authors think that Calleigh will ever fall in love with Eric. After that they'd hold off on the emotional distress. As alot of you guys said, she's going to crack, just maybe. And as we like to put in our fanfictions: 'she held onto him', 'she shook in his arms', etc. Maybe that's what will happen. And Calleigh does have a near death experience which might lead her to realizing that she loves Delko so much because that's what happened to him (the thing that Delko's therapist wrote about him and she read it). So they're just about ready to connect the two characters.

mmm, that's just a wee bit pathetic if that's the case ;) - maybe shipper central would appreciate the comment more. :)

My point was that it's all in the way they're doing it with Calleigh, & I just don't agree facing all the minor tragedies is necessary. I don't enjoy a lot of the Eric & Horatio overload of drama either, so I'm not necessarily nitpicking her alone. But at this point, it starts to take on the 'cry wolf' effect, & for me,sadly, it's lost it's appeal.

Anyway, it's fallen off the main topic of spoilers, so... to each his own.

In my opinion, I think this is the ONLY way the authors think that Calleigh will ever fall in love with Eric. After that they'd hold off on the emotional distress. As alot of you guys said, she's going to crack, just maybe. And as we like to put in our fanfictions: 'she held onto him', 'she shook in his arms', etc. Maybe that's what will happen. And Calleigh does have a near death experience which might lead her to realizing that she loves Delko so much because that's what happened to him (the thing that Delko's therapist wrote about him and she read it). So they're just about ready to connect the two characters.
Well, actually, I wasn't thinking about it:p.
I think we were talking about Calleigh & her troubles, not about some shipping stuff, which, I agree with mjszud, should be in the shipper central.
I would hate to see any kind of shpping stuff in this episode just because as I already told before, it's about a character experiencing a life-threatening situation & her possible development. So I'd hate to see this situation used just to get a couple together (no matter who they are).

Now I know this discussion was very interesting & I enjoyed it, but I think it's time to get back on topic since we don't want the 3rd World War....is there any new spoiler?????

Well, actually, I wasn't thinking about it:p.
I think we were talking about Calleigh & her troubles, not about some shipping stuff, which, I agree with mjszud, should be in the shipper central.
I would hate to see any kind of shpping stuff in this episode just because as I already told before, it's about a character experiencing a life-threatening situation & her possible development. So I'd hate to see this situation used just to get a couple together (no matter who they are).

Now I know this discussion was very interesting & I enjoyed it, but I think it's time to get back on topic since we don't want the 3rd World War....is there any new spoiler?????

Unfortunatley with the long weekend....NO! :lol:

I did speak with Corey on Weds and he said he was trying to get Episode 715 done before the long weekend. Episode 715 is the one where P.Diddy's characters is revealed.

He also told me we are getting 25 episodes this season!

This monday's ep (12/1) is a repeat of "Guerillas in the Mist"

Monday 12/8 is episode 710 "The DeLuca Motel"- which is the episode where we find out why Eric has been staying at the motel we saw him in in the last ep.

Thanks Delkolover!

Based on what you said earlier the first episode to air next year will be 713. But what I don't understand is why Ausiello said that the epi 714 will be in February. Maybe the actors take thier break Jan instead of Dec this season. Cause we get 3 epis in Dec and 714 in Feb. Maybe that's why. Or my other theory is that they're trying to make up for the epis lost last season so badly, that they're pushing the actors to work more so that more epis would be made before the strike hits, if it hits, that is.

You know the actors actually like the free time when the strike was taking place this year. Like Emily, she found it fun to decorate a house.

He also told me we are getting 25 episodes this season!

This monday's ep (12/1) is a repeat of "Guerillas in the Mist"

25 episode? Cool! (It won't make up for getting short changed last season :( but it'll be a start! :))

"Guerillas in the Mist" ? You mean they're not showing "Down to the Wire" ? I'm totatly confused, and totally bummed! "Guerillas in the Mist" was the worst episode of season 6!
Boooooooo!

Thanks Delkolover!

Based on what you said earlier the first episode to air next year will be 713. But what I don't understand is why Ausiello said that the epi 714 will be in February. Maybe the actors take thier break Jan instead of Dec this season. Cause we get 3 epis in Dec and 714 in Feb. Maybe that's why. Or my other theory is that they're trying to make up for the epis lost last season so badly, that they're pushing the actors to work more so that more epis would be made before the strike hits, if it hits, that is.

You know the actors actually like the free time when the strike was taking place this year. Like Emily, she found it fun to decorate a house.

Actually Corey told me they don't take a hiatus. They stop filiming April when they are done with the season. When we are seeing repeats, they are filming. So IDK how Ausiello thinks the ep will air in Feb unless we are going to get quite a few repeats in January. :(

January is usually when we get repeats. If I remember correctly from past seasons we usually get a new ep around or after the superbowl. In the past we got 2 eps in January, usually in the middle and then repeats until early February.

So the episodes could technically be spanned out to make it so that ep does air in early February....but I think Ausiello might have gotten it wrong....unless TPTB want to push the ep off to be closer to Feb sweeps to go with P. Diddy's eps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back