Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** Sneak a Peek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick did hit Yelina - I forget the epi but Yelina showed up to work with a black eye after Rick moved in with her and she did the classic battered woman thing - deny it - and Horatio saw right through that having dealt with women of that type many many times in his career. Further proof - Rick was going to hit her again and she stood firm and gave him a black eye in a later epi. As for it being redundant, AIB isn't embraced - it's just a fact of life. They have a job to do and it always calls for them to be as objective as possible to make sure the cops are following the law. For Horatio, I don't blame him for not trusting the guy. I wouldn't. Tigers don't always change their stripes. We also have to consider the fact that even now Horatio has 'gone dark' and his judgment is somewhat clouded. Whether or not this will change - perhaps having Rick in a spot of trouble requiring Horatio to learn some trust might help get what you desire for the pair - I don't see it happening... if Rick becomes to close to Horatio, that may cloud his ability to do his job as an AIB sergent.

Well, I've said my peace... you and I can argue back and forth on it so I'm going to respectfully say you are entitled to your opinion as I am of mine. I see Rick as having certain motives - you see something else... so I would prefer we let it stand at that... ok?

Rick did hit Yelina - I forget the epi but Yelina showed up to work with a black eye after Rick moved in with her and she did the classic battered woman thing - deny it

That was in Crime Wave where she said, "Horatio, it's not what you think." Well, what if it really wasn't??? Since that episode, Rick has shown absolutely no indication at all that he's the abuser type. Instead, he gets screamed at or spoken harshy to by others and takes it, when he's only trying to do his job. I really feel for the guy.

- and Horatio saw right through that having dealt with women of that type many many times in his career. Further proof - Rick was going to hit her again and she stood firm and gave him a black eye in a later ep

We don't know that that's what he was going to do, and there was no scene in that episode where we actually saw her give Rick that black eye. But of course it's assumed she did. But that still doesn't prove that he hit her. We really don't know for sure because there was never an episode where she and Horatio had a conversation about it.

As for it being redundant, AIB isn't embraced - it's just a fact of life. They have a job to do and it always calls for them to be as objective as possible to make sure the cops are following the law. For Horatio, I don't blame him for not trusting the guy. I wouldn't. Tigers don't always change their stripes. We also have to consider the fact that even now Horatio has 'gone dark' and his judgment is somewhat clouded. Whether or not this will change - perhaps having Rick in a spot of trouble requiring Horatio to learn some trust might help get what you desire for the pair - I don't see it happening... if Rick becomes to close to Horatio, that may cloud his ability to do his job as an AIB sergent.

Not if they're careful. ;) But it could make for an interesting story in fanfiction or otherwise.

Well, I've said my peace... you and I can argue back and forth on it so I'm going to respectfully say you are entitled to your opinion as I am of mine. I see Rick as having certain motives - you see something else... so I would prefer we let it stand at that... ok?

OK. :) But I will defend him when needed. The more episodes I've seen with Rick Stetler, the more I've gotten to love him. I don't want him to be hated by people. The actor is too handsome.

Yeah, I don't think he hit her either (though I did at first, but after seeing that ep again, I changed my mind). I was reading a fic one day (not a Miami fic) and someone was having a nightmare and a friend tried to wake them and the person was fighting someone in their dream and accidentally hit their friend. Anyway, I got to thinking since Yelina was pretty adamant about the fact that it wasn't what Horatio was thinking... what if maybe what really happened was Rick having a nightmare, Yelina tried to wake him and accidentally got hit in the process? The thing is, the writers never explored that further.

I've thought a lot recently that Stetler could possibly have a traumatic past/childhood that may cause nightmares (maybe kind of like Nick on LV with the babysitter thing). Corey Miller in his interview said they'd like to have Stetler back on. maybe they could write a past for him that's traumatic and finally put the rest the whole thing with Yelina's black eye. Yelina just doesn't strike me as the type of woman to make an excuse for any man. She never made any for Ray. Why would she for Rick?

As for Rick's black eye, to say what did or did not happen would be nothing more than an assumption/speculation at this point since we didn't actually see the exchange... only the afterwards. So we can't say for 100% sure that Rick hit Yelina and Yelina hit Rick nor can we say for 100% that he didn't hit her and she didn't hit him. There are a million different things that could have happened. It's all up to interpretation at this point. For all any of us knows Rick and Yelina could have been out at a bar/restaurant, etc and some guy could have been harassing Yelina and then Rick got in a fight with the guy (to defend Yelina) and Yelina tried to break it up and got hit in the process. And maybe Rick was later confronted by the same guy and the guy punched him. Maybe Yelina didn't like him fighting and that's why she kicked him out. You never know. :)

As for IAB being hated IRL, well maybe it would be a little refreshing to change that up a bit on Miami. :)

I also think that Rick was upset that Horatio got Lt when he scored better and interviewed better and I think that caused some conflict between them in the past, but after a while Rick got past it. Cause he sure seemed like he was trying to help Horatio when Julia had him extradicted to Brazil. If he was still bitter he probably would have been like, "haha you're being extradicted for murder and guess what? I'm gonna take your job." :lol: But he didn't. I just don't see him being bitter anymore. I really would like them to make him less hated now kind of like they did with Ecklie on LV.

Anyway, I really hope the writers bring Rick back soon. He's a good character.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been posted. It is an article on Lucy Lawless.

I don't believe it has been. :D

Thanks for the article, Kat. So is she implying that she's going to be a degenerate? :p Hopefully one with an edge though.

It's actually an interesting casting choice, I never would have thought she'd be on the show.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been posted. It is an article on Lucy Lawless.

I don't believe it has been. :D

Thanks for the article, Kat. So is she implying that she's going to be a degenerate? :p Hopefully one with an edge though.

It's actually an interesting casting choice, I never would have thought she'd be on the show.

I always hoped she would be on one of the shows myself, but I too never thought it'd actually happen. I really hope her character will be a recurring role and that she'll be Miami's answer to Lady Heather. :lol: I just don't want to see her and Horatio becoming involved or even hints of it. Maybe she could get involved with Frank! CM did say that Frank may get a woman soon. Hmm...

Or maybe Lady Heather could come to Miami & be with Frank!! :lol: Yeah, I don't think he'd know what to do with her...or maybe he would :devil:

Ok, on topic before I get in trouble :alienblush:

I always enjoy Lucy Lawless (Thanks KAT).
Does anyone remember in the promo if she has the accent? She says something about being called a 'Madam', but don't recall if there was an accent.

Or maybe Lady Heather could come to Miami & be with Frank!! :lol: Yeah, I don't think he'd know what to do with her...or maybe he would :devil:

Does anyone remember in the promo if she has the accent? She says something about being called a 'Madam', but don't recall if there was an accent.

:lol: I would just like to see Frank with a woman. I don't know what its like to see that. It would be very interesting.

I don't think she had the accent in the promo, but am not positive.

Loved Lucy on Battlestar Galactica, can't wait to see her on CSI miami

From warrior princess to prostitute madam - wow!!

and oye ve' on the opinions regarding Rick Stetler :scream: ... I know we are entitled to our own opinions, but that's the fun thing about Miami - one doesn't need to actually see something to draw a logical explanation on what happened. When I was young, I saw this same stuff when my mom volunteered with a battered women's organization.

Although sometimes some scenes need to be done, I think it's logical to conclude that Yelina lied about Stetler for one reason - she knew how Horatio felt about him in the first place. Rick hated H for getting the Lt's job and he was a snob about it since then. He constantly butted horns with H.

But whatever... you can't fight with Rick fans!!

:lol: I would just like to see Frank with a woman. I don't know what its like to see that. It would be very interesting.

Now that would be an interesting scenario. How would Frank react if his newest squeeze suddenly got in trouble with the law??

Hmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

I adore Frank just as much as I love Horatio. He's a great guy once you cut through the gruff manner with which he puts forth. I'm sure he's a big marshmallow on the inside - just as Horatio is obviously a big softy once you get through his defensive walls. Frank would be great with a new lady... he deserves one at this point and I just bet he'd be a total bear if his gal got into a spot of trouble... I'd hate to see him fall for someone who's trouble to begin with... he too deserves a nice lady...

arcadian7 wrote: But whatever... you can't fight with Rick fans!!

I hope that Rick comes back soon and things about the character are eventually cleared up in a *non-hateful* way. :thumbsup:

About this next episode coming up: I really liked Lucy Lawless as Xena, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the character she plays is going to be like. And I think it would be pretty funny if she's a Lady Heather type and Frank is the one who gets to question her. I think I'll go watch the promo now since I haven't seen it yet.

Well, I think some guys are attracted to "bad girls" just as some girls are attracted to "bad boys", so maybe Frank is one of those guys who likes the "bad girl" type. :lol: I dunno, it would just be fun to see him with a woman. I'd love to meet his kids too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back