Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's back on its regular time this week, right?

It says Ne-Yo returns to NY in a new role. Was he on the show before? I thought that was Nelly who played the guy who helped Flack when Flack got hurt that time.

Yeah, I'm about 99% sure Ne-Yo has never been on the show. :confused:

But yeah, it's back to 9pm this week.

Anywho, more info on 7.20 - there isn't much, but here we go:
7.20 "Nothing For Something":

~ The episode opens on a dried pool of blood in the park. Then time goes backwards, revealing that the blood came from a beautiful young woman named Patricia. She was dumped in the park by a man named Charles. He transported her body in the trunk of his car, wrapped in a comforter. Before that, he murdered her in a penthouse apartment after they had sex. He stabbed and strangled her. Time keeps going backwards, revealing that they met in a bar. Charles walked in and offered to buy Patricia a drink, and things went from there.

~ It looks like Charles had another victim as well.

~ There's a third woman who is missing, but the team doesn't know if she's dead. She was leaving her husband, and she stayed with Charles - they can't tell if he killed her or if, for some reason, he spared her despite his love for killing.

~ Random note: apparently Jo is afraid of heights. ;)
That's really all I can say about the episode. Reversing time in the beginning should be interesting. :)

Jo is afraid of heights? But in the season premiere she went with Mac in a balcony of the Chrysler Building and she starred at the NY skyline without fear. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting what and how fear of heights is.

They probably never gave it much thought since they pretty much made the character up as they went along. Now that they want to make fear of heights a part of the character, it's going to look like bad continuity (although they probably forgot about that scene, or how it would look with this new information) - which is pretty much par for the course on CSI:NY. :lol:

Thanks a lot Fay.

Question: Is there any way CBS will move CSI: Miami and CSI: NY back to a night that is better for them? Moving Miami to football night was a bad move, and CSI: NY on Friday? Give me a break. They moved Blue Bloods to Wednesday, and now they need to move Criminal Minds to Friday and NY back to Wednesday. The CSI shows are some of the best shows still on the air. Now with The Closer leaving, it's getting bad. Criminal Minds I feel is losing steam, so why not move it? — Sue

Matt Roush: Clearly CBS does not agree with your assessment of Criminal Minds, because a spin-off is on its way starting Feb. 16, forming a two-hour Minds block on Wednesdays that moves Blue Bloods back to Fridays. Regarding the transplanted CSI shows, I don't see the situation changing. CBS wanted to bring some new blood onto Mondays and Wednesdays (with mixed results) and felt it was time to use these aging spin-offs to bolster more problematic time periods on other nights, and that did seem to work. This obviously annoys the long-time fans, but CBS is taking the long view in its scheduling, and doesn't want to be seen as complacent and stagnant. CBS knows Miami will never be as hot on Sunday as it was on Monday, ditto for NY on Friday vs. Wednesday, but there's a method to this madness, even if you disagree in the results.

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt-LOLA-1028946.aspx

Last edited:
They probably never gave it much thought since they pretty much made the character up as they went along. Now that they want to make fear of heights a part of the character, it's going to look like bad continuity (although they probably forgot about that scene, or how it would look with this new information) - which is pretty much par for the course on CSI:NY. :lol:

I hope we'll get some more information about Jo's phobia when the episode airs. I'm not sure, maybe fear of heights has some level or degree? And she only has a level 1 phobia so she can stare at skylines from high rise buildings without getting uncomfortable. :shifty:

I can't wait for season finale spoilers! I miss action-packed finales of NY. Though I might refrain from reading spoilers as the show approaches the finale.

Regarding NY's time slot, I agree it won't probably be back to Wednesdays anymore. CBS opened it for new shows to get
decent premieres.

I hope we'll get some more information about Jo's phobia when the episode airs. I'm not sure, maybe fear of heights has some level or degree? And she only has a level 1 phobia so she can stare at skylines from high rise buildings without getting uncomfortable.

It could depend on the situation. My sister would have no problem being on a balcony - nice and steady and safe - but would have to struggle with climbing a ladder.

I have a problem riding escalators, but have no issue with taking an elevator or riding roller coasters. I suppose it all depends on your surroundings and such.

To be quite honest, it's probably not a height issues I have with escalators... it's those damn razor sharp stairs! :lol:

There's also this Under the Microscope video about Ne-Yo's wardrobe in this week's episode: click for the CSI Files link

Sela posted this adorable picture with David James Elliott (click for the full-sized image):

Last edited:
I have a fear of heights. Been couple of years when I was younger I didn't fear heights it became with one bad experience. :( I can be on the roof/balcany even if it's a high building if there's railings. If not you wouldn't see me there. :lol: Also I can climb on ladders too but I don't enjoy it... I guess it depends so much of the situation.
Anyway usually I like to keep my feet steady on the ground! :lol: I don't like being on elevators either and I avoid that even more than being on high places. :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward seeing what kind of scare of heights Jo has. Cause in my mind it brings nice humanity to the character though Jo is maybe one of the most "human" charactor if you compare to Mac for example. :D:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back