Season 7 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Personally I can't figure out why NY is the least watched of the 3 CSIs. Miami's storylines are not as good. sure it's brightly colored and flashy but lacks something. But that's just me

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

You are not alone. Story-wise, NY is the strongest this season. NY has been challenging LV in writting since the beginning. Miami never came up with an episode as great as NY and LV did though it had some really good episodes before. I guess Miami draw in more viewers because as you said it's visually beautiful (but so fake). And the show has Horatio which has been an icon.

One reason I can think of why NY is the least watched: maybe because it's the youngest. Some who watched LV and/or Miami first might say "Oh another CSI. It won't be any different so why would I watch it." I wish NY was born earlier than Miami! :lol:

Or others might have been bored to death by the darkness of season 1. Honestly, I didn't like season 1. But it grew on me as I watch it over and over again. Had I watched season 1 or the pilot first, I wouldn't be a fan right now.

3. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I just read about the list from TVguide and I got worried. :( I dunno anything about this rating thing...which is good which is not. We don't use ratings here.

I can't believe either how CSI:NY is the least popular in all 3 CSI's. I've watched all three in somepoint. And I think Miami is least interesting. The storylines are quite the same and for me it's too boring to watch. Even though it's brigther but for me it's too bright and fake in somepoint. But what irritates me most is Horatio cause he's the least interesting leading man even though he is an icon. :rolleyes:

I agree that might be cause it's the youngest of three. "Damn! :scream:" it's not fair to give show low ratings since it's the youngest one. In my country it's the same thing. In here CSI is the most popular and then Miami just for the brightness...NY fans are their own group but I like to think there are a good group of us. I've watched all seasons of NY and I liked season 1 just cause it was darker and quite different from other CSI's. But I like the brighter look of later seasons when I know think about it. Even the slight changes the show is still really "New York" :)

It would be awful if the ratings keep go down. :( In crime shows CSI:NY is the only one I watch. I've watched some other series one or two eps but they didn't hook me up at the same way. ;)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

NY was back above 10 million this week. :)

7.05 "Out of the Sky":

I left that last part in because it made me happy. :p (Source)

5. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Thanks Fay.

YEAH!

Carmine's performance was totally mind-blowing so I'm not surprised it is over 10 Million again. Eddie as well as Carmine are outstanding actors and the writers obviously realized to finally focus on the characters again! I really hope they keep going into this direction from now on.

Awww... so happy :)

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Haven't watched the episode yet but yay! :thumbsup: The cancelation news is just becoming more ridiculous because as the post says:

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

They've cracked 10 million on Friday night! Whoo Hoo! If they keep up numbers like they've been pulling I can't imagine there won't be a season 8.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thought this was worth sharing! From Marc Berman over at PI Feedback:

He's a ratings expert, so I'd say that sounds very promising! :)

9. Faylinn

*please don't crash and burn, please don't crash and burn, please don't crash and burn...*

:p

10. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Out Of The Sky went down a bit in the finals:

10.246 million viewers and a 1.8 in the 18/49 rating.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Ratings from last night for all CBS shows courtesy of PI feedback:

Up a tad from last week. It's doing well, despite the naysayers.

12. Faylinn

I'm glad to see that the ratings are holding pretty steady. :) And I agree with Marc's comment about a better 8:00 show - it could really help NY and Blue Bloods to have a good lead-in.

13. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Well done CSI:NY.These numbers are good considering the day and the awful lead-in.CBS has to cancel Medium immediately!!!

14. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Actually, CBS cut Medium's order to only 13 episodes this season. The scuttlebutt is The Defenders will move from Wednesday to Friday at 8:00 in January, and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior will air out of the mothership on Wednesday just like NCIS/NCIS LA on Tuesday.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Flashpoint might be a nice fit for the 8pm time slot.