Season 5 Wishlist

Faylinn

Adam Fangirl
Super Moderator
Now that season four is officially over, I'm curious about what you guys would like to see during season five. :) Character-related, case-related, overall presentation, etc.

--the return of Louie.

--the exit of Lindsay, but I'll settle for the permanent end to the Drama Llama.

--more emphasis on the team's (non-romantic) relationships with each other.

--Hawkes centered episode(s)

--Flack centered episode(s)

--Stella centered episode(s) that don't have anything to do with her being a victim or involved with a guy who turns out to be evil.

--more Mac and Reed interaction, and maybe see others on the team interact with Reed.

--a return to diverse cases with victims and criminals who are complex and evoke sympathy/empathy from viewers. I'm sick of white, rich, straight, pretty people who I don't give a crap about.

--using NY as a whole and as an actual character in the show. That's what NY was described as once upon a time. I'm sick of "NY" consisting of Manhattan.

--more of recurring characters. Angell, Sinclair, Quinn are all great and should be used.

--I'd like to at least find out Gerrard's fate. It'd be a bonus to actually see a follow-up to "Admissions" showing what happens to him and Natalie.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I want less technology and more good old fashioned brain power and hard work. Some technology is cool and necessary, but they've gone way over the line in S4 IMO.

Last edited:
What PerfectAnomaly said, with the add that hopefully they quit the personal drama, and start concentrating on the professional part, such as promotions (like Danny's season 1 promotion), a murderer they couldn't find can come and make their life a misery. More Hawkes, and more storylines for the whole team.

The return of Danny's balls.

I'll be serious now.
Better murderers, without the cliched back story (cabbie killer)
More Hawkes
'Darker' episodes
reccuring characters as already mentioned
stories that make me think

and Danny to get his balls back (I wasn't joking)

Ok, here are the ones I could think of (I've been making a list, hehe). Some are repeats, but I figure this stuff bears repeating. Maybe if we say it more, the psychic waves will reach LA. :lol:

~ Mac: More interaction with Reed. I'd like to get more information about Claire as well--any chance to humanize him is always good.

~ Stella: No bad relationship choices--if we're going to see her dating, it would be great if they weren't psychos. I'd also like some indication of whether the HIV scare is still affecting her. Also, since I'm always wishing we'd see the other characters interact with their families, maybe we could see how not having a family affects her.

~ Danny: LOUIE; also, some hints about how he's dealing long-term with Ruben's death. Just because Rikki left doesn't mean that whole storyline disappeared.

~ Hawkes: More. Just more. More about his past, his present, whatever, just more.

~ Lindsay: If they must continue to hammer home that she's from Montana, can they at least do it in a more organic (and less annoying) way than being all 'PEOPLE IN MONTANA WALK IN THE RAIN LOL'? Maybe have something in a case ping her memory. "You know, this reminds me of one of the first cases I worked back in Bozeman. The guy blah-dee-blah-dee-blah." You get the idea. If people don't know Bozeman is in Montana and are too lazy to look it up, that's their problem. Otherwise, don't assume the audience is too stupid to make less blatant connections.

~ Flack: Papa Flack, ideally, but I'm not holding my breath any more. Does he still interact with Gavin Moran? Again, not holding my breath. I'd like to see him really crack a case, show that yeah, science is a good crime fighting tool, but so is good old fashioned police work.

~ Sid: I love Sid, and I've love to see his daughter pop up one of these days. In the meantime, more creepy place moments would be fantastic. :D He and Hawkes are always fantastic together, so more of that please. :) Since it's also nice to see him and Mac in the same scenes, I'll put in an order for more of those while I'm at it.

~ Adam: *pets him* More about his abusive childhood, and maybe let him help with a case all the way through to the end instead of disappearing as soon as the team gets whatever they need from him.

~ Angell: More Angell would be good. It would be a shame to just drop her now. I'm happy with little tidbits (like the line about her father and brothers in "Commuted Sentences").

~ All: More friendships. We've seen how well it works, so I'd like to see it featured more. Also, don't sleep with your co-workers, especially if you're Danny or Lindsay. It just turns into more trouble than it's worth.

Those are my big ones for the characters. As for cases:

~ Show the other boroughs. Seriously, New York is not just Manhattan.

~ Create a better balance of cases. Mix the techy gadgets in with good old-fashioned druggie-killed-his-dealer type of cases. Balance out the glamour with the grit.

~ More 'only in New York' types of cases. The rat eating the bullet in S1 is something you probably wouldn't see in Vegas or Miami. There are three CSI shows all trying to keep things fresh--using cases that are kind of unique to NYC seems like a good idea to me. The subway is such a big part of the city, so why not use it more? Central park could feature more, that kind of thing. Also, scrolling through the episode guide reminds me of little tidbits from the episodes that are quintessentially New York--but I can't remember as many from season four as I could from the earlier seasons.

~ More diversity--NYC is a melting pot, show it. If you're watching an episode and actually think 'OMG I SAW AN ASIAN PERSON', there's probably something that could be tweaked just a bit, don't you think? The city isn't full of rich, white, beautiful people.

~ More experts/consultants/etc in individual episodes rather than one of the main people always pulling the answers out of their asses. It wouldn't be that hard. Beyond keeping our main players from unrealistically looking like they know EVERYTHING, it's a chance to create more guest spots. Continuing with the idea of more diversity from my previous point, if you have more guest stars that aren't necessarily victims or murderers, you could have more diversity without stereotyping groups within the show. Disabled people aren't always vengeful or wanting to kill themselves, gay people aren't always victims because of their sexuality, fat people don't always die/kill because they're overweight, etc. What happened to Dr Giles? How about an expert in ______ that just happens to be gay (and could feature 2 or 3 times during a season)? How is it that we rarely see lawyers on this show? That's a good opportunity to bring in good actors of any type. I really think adding a few small guest/recurring roles here and there would do a great deal to increase diversity on this show.

Long post is long. :eek:

-Um... More Reed... yeah.
-Danny and Lindsay make up! And get back together! (I probably missed something there, but hey, I haven't seen much of Season 4 in the first place).
-Stella and Mac interaction... *drools*
-Someone for Sheldon (yes, a girl)
-A case relating to something from the past, like possibly 9/11 or some other case that happened sometime in the last 4 seasons. (reaction for Mac... something stewing in my mind, I'll tell you that).
-The Taxi Cab Killer (something around that. He escapes, um, anything? Someone kills him in Jail? Or wherever he is...)
-MORE ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And maybe his past... the abuse thing was interesting from... "Consequences"? Oh boy... I've lost it.

That about it. I can't think of too much. More interaction with the characters. COME ON! Good couples there... but so underused! AH!

'Nuff said...

Last edited:
oooh, this is interesting. here's mine:

1. CSI:NY should finally shoot in NYC and not in L.A.

2. Another crossover will be nice. I can imagine Grissom interracting with
Mac's team. Willows & Bonasera a bonus.

3. Danny should finally get over it and move on.

4. Lindsey should finally get over it and move on.

5. The rapport of Mac & Reid is amazing. As well as Quinn & Mac. A
catfight between Stella & Quinn a bonus. (I'm sooo mean)

6. Focus crimes in other locations - Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens.
In the past seasons, they focus mostly in Manhattan.

7. More of Sid's amusing autopsy reports, Adam & Kendall (comic relief)
and the fate of Flack & Angell

wow, Faylinn. Looks like mine's a loosely summarized version of your post. Yeah, they should have an asian face there since NYC is a city of cultures.

Last edited:
A few of mine:

-- More diverse locales, crimes, criminals & victims, methodologies for solving crimes, etc.

-- More focus on all the characters' professional lives and progression.

-- More on Danny's family connections. I thought Danny was supposed to be the one with street smarts and local (sometimes dubious) connections, which could potentially be useful with certain cases. They seem to have lost that element somewhere.

-- Find some storyline (other than the romance) to develop Lindsay.

-- More backstory and development for Flack and Hawkes.

-- Keep finding ways to include Adam, Sid, and Angell. :thumbsup:

-- A multi-episode development arc for Stella (perhaps something involving a need for family and more stability in her life). And please dress Stella more professionally for work.

-- No angsty, confusing, in-your-face romances.... Romance should be in the background relative to the cases, imo. I prefer the more ambiguous, low key, flirty stuff (like the Mac/Stella dog show "date") from season 1. That's about as much romance as I want to see on this show -- until maybe the last season.

-- More Mac (j/k). Actually, I like Mac, so I don't mind him getting a lot of screen time, but they could be a bit more selective about his storylines. After that big mistake in the finale, maybe he can suffer some self-doubt or a crisis of confidence. And please stop it with the potential love interests. :scream: How long did it take the man to pull off his wedding ring? And he just went through one dead end romance. Give him a break!

My wishlist is not very long.

-A great Mac story. Maybe something with Payton or someone girl.
-More Flack. There is something about him I like.
-Sorry Danny fans... less of him please. I am still angry with him over what he did to Lindsay.
-Another great long case like the 333 stalker or the Cabbie Killer. I really get into those. (That is something this CSI has that the other ones seem to stay away from.)
-And, of course, more Sid. I love that guy. He is too funny for words. My dad works with those same glasses and I laugh every time I see them.

Last edited:
Mac
-More of his friendships with other characters, especially Stella, Flack and Adam.

-More Mac/Reed. How will Reed be now that his gung-ho ways almost got him killed and scarred for life? Also, I'd love to learn more about Claire, and the Mac/Reed relationship is good for that.

-Bring back Jane Parsons to sweep Mac off his feet! Well, they won't do that, but a nice subtle relationship for Mac would be great. I like him with Jordan. Just a nice subtle relationship in the background of eps - we could see Mac going on a date at the end of an ep, or picking his lady up after work, or calling her.

-Some emotional fallout from the s4 finale.

-I would like to see Mac work a case that is somehow connected to 9/11 (maybe a 9/11 family member is a suspect or victim or a body is found near to/at Ground Zero) and to see his reaction to that. It would be a great opportunity for some Mac angst.

-More of Light!Mac joking with Sid etc.

-Learn more about Mac's time in the Marines, his childhood, family etc.

Stella
-No more storylines with her being a victim.
-More professional dress style please/
-More Rambo!Stella
-Have Mac go away for an ep or two and have Stella be leader and deal with the problems Mac has to - seeing her deal with one of Danny's mistakes, or with the political side of the job would be especially good.
-See how her not having a family effects her.

Danny
-No more Danny/Lindsay
-LOUIE LOUIE LOUIE LOUIE
-Learn about his family and past, bring the Tanglewood boys back, perhaps?

Lindsay
-A decent haircut
-No more Danny/Lindsay
-No more Montana references
-Give her her own storylines that aren't to do with Danny or with her being a victim in the past. Where has the sporty, feisty, smart Lindsay from s2 eps like 'Zoo York' and 'Stuck on You' gone? I liked that Lindsay. Bring her back, please!
-More interaction with Mac and Stella, I like her interaction with them.

Hawkes
-Get the man a love interest!
-More about his past, especially as a doctor.
-A decent story arc that doesn't involve Danny stripping!
-More Hawkes/Sid interaction.
-More Super!Hawkes both in the kick-ass SD sense and the geeky/brainiac sense.

Sid
-More Mac/Sid and Hawkes/Sid
-More of Sid going to his Creepy Place.
-Just more Sid!

Adam
-More Adam/Mac and Adam/Danny interaction.
-More Adam Supergeek Moments ala Second Life or Admissions.
-A storyline dealing with Adam's past especially his relationship with his father.
-Just more Adam!

Louie....where oh where are you nowadays, Brother Louie?

Speaking of family members...we've met Louie (and I'd like to see him crawl out of the Black Hole the writers stashed him in after the Tanglewood storyline), we've met Mac's stepson, we get to meet Flack's sister next season, how about Big Daddy Flack? I'd love to see/hear more about the dynamic between the well known Super-Cop and his son. And how about Sid's daughter? He mentioned her once, I'd love to see her pop in, the thought of Sid having a daughter intrigues me for some reason. :)

More Diversity! Whether it's ethnic, cultural, social standing/background, etc. I'd like to see more overall diversity, in characters and storylines. No more rich white folks please, less outlandish crimes, let's get back to basics once in awhile. NY is probably the biggest melting pot in the country, take advantage of that! As someone else mentioned earlier, use NY as a character! When I tune into the show, let me know that it takes place in NY! (well, we know it's not filmed there, but everyone knows what I mean ;) ).

NY has some fantastic character interaction and chemistry, keep building on that (in NON-romantic ways, please). More Mac/Reed, Mac/Sid, Hawkes/Sid, Danny/Flack, Mac/Adam, Stella/Flack, Flack/Angell, Lindsay/Mac, etc. But no more D/L... IMO, smart, professional people do not fish off of the company pier. The CSI franchise writers overall are pretty lousy at writing romance, so they should keep away from it as much as possible, particularly if it's a forced thing between 2 main characters. It's nice to know the characters have a social/love life, but not with eachother, please. It's less distracting when it's with an outsider, something subtle and in the background, even offscreen, is preferable, IMO. I don't need to see it onscreen or shoved down my throat to know it's there. But more of the good old-fashioned friendship and bonding between characters is great, and I hope we continue seeing more of that in the future.

Develop Lindsay on her own, for pete's sake! Lindsay started out as a strong, likable character I thought, I'd really like to see the writers revisit that woman. I can't fathom why they changed her so dramatically... :rolleyes:

I'd also like to see some emotional fallout/repercussions from Admissions, the Taxi Cab storyline, Reed's kidnapping, etc. And a return to some of the darker, grittier crimes we saw in S1.

A really good juicy Flack storyline. I mean come on, he's a cop I am sure they could come up a good idea to let Flack shine. A good story with some strong Mac Flack interaction. Possibly even something relating to Flacks dad.:thumbsup:

An Adam episode would be nice as would a Sid episode;)

No more Jordan she came across as a little stalker much in Taxi, cause she didn't know about Reed, plus she is bland.

Wouldn't mind seeing Quinn again I liked her she had chemistry with the cast.

More Reed. A closure story re Claire 9/11 would be excellent, for both Mac and Reed.;)

Stella - No more crappy boyfriend/stalkers/apartment fires/medical scares. :rolleyes:

A good strong non victim Stella ep would be cool.:thumbsup:

No more romance taking up the time from the crime. It should be WAY in the background.:scream:

No more gadgets:scream:.

Here is a refreshing idea how about decent scripts, grittier stories, better villains.:rolleyes:

No more Manhattan rich, powerful, boring victims or murderers please.:scream:

Oh and no stunt casting, get a decent script and you wont need the celebrity guest stars, cause 8 times out of 10 they are awful. You managed this season without it so you can manage next season without it.:rolleyes:

Did I mention less product placement and gadgets...!!! They are no substitute for a good script.

Last edited:
No more romance taking up the time from the crime. It should be WAY in the background.:scream:

No more gadgets:scream:.

Here is a refreshing idea how about decent scripts, grittier stories, better villains.:rolleyes:

No more Manhattan rich, powerful, boring victims or murderers please.:scream:

Amen to that! Seriously, the gadgets are becoming more and more ridiculous. It's slowly turning into a SciFi show and I'd hate that. Lately it seemed that they are idiots, that can't figure anything out by themselves and needed the help of an unbelievable gadget to point them the right way.
And, no, Manhattan does not equal New York. There are other places in NYC like, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens. Stuff happen there too.

Mac
-More of his friendships with other characters, especially Stella, Flack and Adam.

-More Mac/Reed. How will Reed be now that his gung-ho ways almost got him killed and scarred for life? Also, I'd love to learn more about Claire, and the Mac/Reed relationship is good for that.

-Bring back Jane Parsons to sweep Mac off his feet! Well, they won't do that, but a nice subtle relationship for Mac would be great. I like him with Jordan. Just a nice subtle relationship in the background of eps - we could see Mac going on a date at the end of an ep, or picking his lady up after work, or calling her.

-Some emotional fallout from the s4 finale.

-I would like to see Mac work a case that is somehow connected to 9/11 (maybe a 9/11 family member is a suspect or victim or a body is found near to/at Ground Zero) and to see his reaction to that. It would be a great opportunity for some Mac angst.

-More of Light!Mac joking with Sid etc.

-Learn more about Mac's time in the Marines, his childhood, family etc.

I agree with the majority of what you said, although I think if TPTB incoporate everything you said about Mac, I don't think there would be time for what you listed for everyone else.:lol: In saying that, I know he is your favorite character so I don't blame you for wanting to get everything you can for him which brings me to my question: Are you of the opinion that Flack shouldn't be in Season 5? He is my favorite character and that is just wrong, wrong, wrong.;)

Back