Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 9, 2012.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Must have been a repeat. They actually did that last fall, but I honestly can't say I know which episode the winner appeared in.

2. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Probably was a rerun. I saw it said they were reading for CSI in TV Guide so I watched it. I don't even remember her in it,pretty sad she was such a non-entity.:rolleyes:

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

According to the site we can't link to the season premier's title is...

(as always with spoilers that could be right, that could be wrong!)

Susan

4. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Episode 13.01 "Karma to Burn"

STORY LINE: Continuation of the season 12 finale. Russell's granddaughter has been kidnapped and the whole team is working to find her.

Director: Alec Smight
    Story by: Christopher Barbour

5. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Re: Season 13 Spoiler Reference Thread: What Happens in Vegas...

Now that I think about it, it was way too soon to put Russell's family in danger. Oh well...

6. blackflag

Date for the season premier is Wed. Sept. 26

(Smokey, I think you want to put a lock on the 'Spoiler Reference Thread' before people want to argue over spoilers in it. :))

Susan

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So, thoughts on the new spoilers from that interview?

9. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Okay, here's a few of my thoughts from what I've read.

First of all...
    Good. This is something I wanted to hear. I'm pretty sure the writers' version of "balanced screentime" is different to ours, but the first thirteen episodes of last season gives me confidence that they are capable of doing this. :)

Season premiere: I'm not sure I'm too excited about it. Granted, the episode tends to be better than the spoilers make it out to be but I feel like I've had enough of action-packed episodes. It sounds like the focus is on McKeen/Nick/Russell's granddaughter and I'm worried that the original murder in "Homecoming" is going to be left quite unresolved. I may need to watch the episode again but it felt so half-finished (compared to other first-of-two-parters) and I hope the writers remember to bring it full circle.

Ecklie's ex-wife: The fact that we won't see her in the premiere implies to me that Ecklie will pull through, it sounds like they want to do more with Ecklie. To be honest, I'm not bothered about meeting the ex-wife. Next.

Catherine return: I don't think she's been gone long enough that her return will make a big impact. If the show is renewed another year, we'll hit episode #300. Bring her back for that. If they cancel it (which I reckon will be quite unlikely) with prior warning she can come back for the finale. Although some references to her would be great.

Grissom return: See above.

Sara's mother: YES YES YES YES YES. That is all. :D

Femme fatales:
    Annabeth Gish - no. That arc lasted long enough and it would be pretty meaningless without Catherine there.
    Dita Von Teese - no. "A Kiss Before Frying" was hugely disappointing, mainly because the story was crap. Greg needs a good, emotional case, which isn't related to Old-Vegas, DVT wasn't bad but I wouldn't want her or that plotline to return.
    Dina Meyer - of the three, yes, but I don't think "The List" was particularly memorable enough to spawn off a sequel episode. It would be a great Brass episode though which I'd more than welcome.

Other Episodes:
    Diner shoot-out - sounds interesting. Could work well as one of the more comedic episodes if done right. I hope they don't extend this whole 'threaten the family' thing through the whole season.
    Rat Pack Old Vegas - no problems with that, I like Old Vegas episodes.
    Basketball episode - one sport they haven't investigated yet. :lol: Really don't like the idea of Charlie being a suspect though.
    Genealogy episode - probably the most interesting on there. I loved "Genetic Disorder" and the fact that they're bringing Tina and Warrick into this makes me happy. I'd love if it were a Nick, Sara, Greg, Brass working the murder with the newcomers on their own case.
    K9 episode - could be a fun one. "Dog Eat Dog" references?
    Finn episode - Meh. I thought we'd resolved Finn's Seattle firing issue. Apparently not. So long as it brings some proper closure.

Miami characters: No thanks.

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Glad to see we're getting more Warrick stuff, even a visit Eli and Tina but sometimes I just don't get why get why it took 4 years :confused:

Many of the cases sound good but I hope there's some A and B (also C and D) cases while we're at it

Hope the premiere turns out to be good, I have some doubts on it. I mean we know Russell's granddaughter is going to make it, Nick isn't leaving CSI, and Finn will be just fine. The only one we have to worry about is Ecklie, but I think he'll make it. I don't mind meeting his ex/Morgan's mom but do Sara's mom and someone from Greg's family first

I hope this is so, if it is I'll be the happiest camper alive :lol::hugegrin:

This would make a great fanfic but I'm not sure I want to see it on the show

Though maybe Dina Meyer, Brass needs really needs some attention this year, even Finn b/c I haven't warmed up to her that much yet. Though for me, having her interact with Greg more would probably help :thumbsup:

Not sure I want to see any visits from CSI: Miami, no offense

ETA: Also on Grissom and Catherine, love for them to drop in and visit once in awhile. Though I think Grissom is more need (1) he's been gone longer and (2) for GSR

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Just to clarify: those are two completely separate episodes. :)

ETA: First photo from the new season.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  12. GrisApprentice

GrisApprentice Victim

Hi everybody !

This will be my really first post about CSI and I'm loving it ! I just ask you to be patience with my english's skill and fell free to make any corrections, Ok ?;)

Well, my impressions about Don McGill' interview was good and made me curious how they will finish everthing we saw on season finale. But...

1. I hope Conrad Ecklie survive;

2. I know anything bad will happen to D.B' family, but I hope they explore the real - and sweet- connection between Sara and Russel;

3. More Greg, more Greg. Especially Gred and Sara;

4. And Nick. Well, Nick is the sufferer of CSI. And it was always visible that he never assimilated well the whole situation in "Grave danger" and especially the death of Warrick.

For me, "Turn, turn, turn" was actually the episode where he finally shows up how Warrick's death affected him. That voice saying 'what's happening' or something, it was actually Nick. What happened? Why his best friend had to die so unexpectedly.

Now, Who will dissuade Nick from quit CSI ? The marks he brings in his soul made difficult for him to build a stable relationship with a woman, I think.

The proof is that at 40 He's still "playing in the field." Typical of those who can't keep a serious relationship. But I don't think that a girl who is not yet an "official girlfriend" like Lauren or Callie can talk about somethins so serious like that. Do not seem real to me.

In my humble opinion only someone that belongs to his family, father, mother or brother can talk to him about that. If not them, Grissom or Catherine can change Nick' position and convince him to be a CSI again.
    Then I hope that on the Season premiere Nick will be back to Texas or they will bring Catherine/Grissom to talk to him.

13. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

so Gary Dourdan will be back in a cameo in next season ?

14. blackflag

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

How many think Nick will be back to his regular job by the end of the premiere? IDK if I got that vibe from some of the interview wording.