Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I agree with you 100%. It's about time one of the characters will leave with an appropriate exit. leaving room for an appearance if the opportunity rolls around.

2. babydoll

babydoll Victim

Or just a general comeback - I still can't believe she's leaving. But they filmed that yesterday which means they're only on filming for ep 2 so far - they can't be too far into the season then.

On an almost relevant note - check out the video I made on YouTube about how sexist CBS has become - it's aimed mostly at CSI: Are CBS Sexist?

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I did see your video, babydoll and I recognize your name from Your Tax Dollars at Work. ;)

I don't agree with all of its content, but overall you made a good point. I think it's interesting that CBS went after the female actors and left the males alone. That was very strange indeed.

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

You hit the bullseye and YES they are

:scream::mad: Where do I even begin on that subject

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Doesn't quite seem to be material that should be posted in the Spoiler Lab. ;)

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

:eek::eek::eek:*runs from Smokey

I'll get back on track..;)

I wonder what they plan for Wendy. Since they finished the second episode it will be interesting how things go.

As for Haskell, I like the character but after a while it gets annoying. Let's just end this please..

7. preatorian

preatorian Dead on Arrival

Some spoiler type news regarding the new character Kacey Monahan played by Sienna Guillory.

1. A while back she noted in a tweet that she had to change her hair style for CSI, and that apparently included a change in color. She is now a brunette. (Picture of her from when she was a brunette before http://tinyurl.com/2cwunkj )

2. Last night she tweeted “About to break a very expensive toy. I love my job.” Possible confirmation that she is in the second episode too.

Very exciting, I can only imagine what this 'expensive toy' was. There was something about an iPad, and if that is true, now she will have 'Apple-fans' hating on her too. :lol:

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hair colour? Why did they do that? Weird.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

First of all Marg makes the most money a supposed $390,000 per episode, and LF makes $350,000 per episode, so who got a pay cut? I think that George, Eric and Jorja got what they asked for, and down the line, maybe they will reveal what that is. But LF is extremely popular, maybe not on here with all fans, but in the big fan base he is. Or they wouldn't have asked him to return for another season. Every single person I've talked to LOVES him. When a star doen't cut it, as we've all seen they say buh-bye:(And the CSI executives do have a clue, they know what's going on big time~

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

^The entire cast took pay cuts:

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

That was his first contract. Plus, he got some perks regarding his development company and CBS studios.
    Unless you have information about his current contract, that figure may not be correct. And, as Marg's interview inferred, it can get complicated when they are working around schedules and requested time off. I suspect CBS had some 'incentives' to keep LF that is not reflected in his actual pay.

ETA: It may be in Marg's case that she is getting the same pay per episode, but overall she is making less by doing less episodes, as Paget Brewster in CM. IDK, but I suspect MK in NY was not willing to take a pay cut, or work less episodes. Sad how the women are treated at CBS. I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but I always wondered that if Jorja had been offered a part time option, she might have stayed the first time, since she had always maintained she just wanted a break. And, as we have recently learned, CSI/CBS is 'all about the guys' (a quote from Marg last year).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  12. Desertwind

I read this in my TV Guide, she might not have gotten a pay raise, but she didn't get a pay cut either. I just think that they offered the rest of the cast as much as she makes, or LF they wouldn't have signed up for S/11 George said something to the effect that he wanted as much as the 'others' meaning to me Marg and Laurence~Less episodes of course means less $$$, but not a downgrading in her original per episodes~

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You read the article, right? It says they all took pay cuts.

14. Desertwind

Yes, vegaslights I did read it and my interpretation is that she's doing fewer episodes and that they 'adusted' her pay accordingly, so I think she's still making the same, but on a yearly basis when the season usually has 23/24 eps. her pay would be less~

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  15. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

My impression from the article was that they had all taken pay cuts, in terms of what they would now earn per episode, and that added to the pay cuts marg's reduced appearances simply means she's earning less than if she was doing a full season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.