Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they included 'Greg bleeds, Doc Robbins sings, Grissom retires, Sara says goodbyes' or whatever so that they are complete. After all it's a ten year recap. But all in all it was awesome! :thumbsup:

Yeah I was thinking the same things.

Instead of saying "Brass almost dies," they should of had "Warrick Brown dies."

I thought it was a great preview.

I think they just wanted to focus on the cast that has stayed.

The cast who have stayed...

*thinks of MIA Greg, and hopefully lab rats*

Yup, they definitely wanted to focus on the cast who've stayed :p

It's a thirty second commercial for heaven's sake trying to show ten years of...I won't even say highlights...just little odds and ends. I don't think it "focused" on anyone. It "mentioned" in little rhymes a few people but it also mentioned bees, bears, bulls, rabbits, birds, and a lot of other things.

Well, if it was a trailer showing "10 years," then what better way to do it than show two characters who helped make it last this long? I know these are small things, but Brass nearly died? Well, okay. Warrick did die. That sounds more significant to me.

I'm sure the "rhyme" was more CBS' deal than the show's ptb... so it doesn't surprise me that they left people out.

Well, if it was a trailer showing "10 years," then what better way to do it than show two characters who helped make it last this long? I know these are small things, but Brass nearly died? Well, okay. Warrick did die. That sounds more significant to me.

Yeah, but I think it's also supposed to promote the upcoming season which is why they showed the characters who are still there and will be seen in Season 11. Just a guess tho.

Did they actually show Greg, Sara, Doc, etc in the preview (I mean even though none of them were the poem thing)? I didn't watch the preview and quite honestly don't really want to because I think the poem thing would bug me.

I personally think the poem thing is not suited for a show like this, but that's just me. :lol: It would work fine for SPN or BTVS or a similar show, but for CSI, I'd rather just see a normal preview. :lol:

Actually you see very quick glimpses of almost everyone, some more than others. For only being on the show a year and a half, I think I saw Ray the most. :(

Personally, if it were a video preview for season 11 only...then I'd be more concerned over who was who wasn't in the clip and the scenes shown. But a random 10 season clip? With just a hint of the premiere? I agree, this must be more of a CBS thing then the actual show. A way to recognize 10 seasons thus far. And it makes me feel like they just picked randoms scenes from a hat or somethin'...:lol: because there are a heck of a lot of better clips out there to show if they really wanted to dazzle the viewer. I wouldn't worry about it.

Just for fun, I worked out which episodes are being referred to. It's a little frightning that I'm only unsure of one.;) The original message with my guesses in brackets follows:

Yes, very cool video! If I have it right, here is the narration:

For the past decade, CSI has brought you….
Mummies, dummies, plushies, furries,
[Who Are You(?), Suckers, Fur And Loathing]

Vamps, tramps, hot bodies, dead bodies, hairy bodies,
[Suckers, Down The Drain opening, Werewolves]

And things that go boom.
[Boom]

Peeping toms, leaping lizards, wild rides,
[One Hit Wonder, Leaping Lizards, Cockroaches opening]

Planes, trains, and automobiles,
[Unfriendly Skies, Turn Of The Screw, Revenge Is Best Served Cold]

Nick flies, Catherine cries, Brass almost dies,
[High And Low, Lady Heather's Box, Way To Go]

Out of this world, outside the box, buried in a box, what’s in the box?
[Viva Las Vegas, Crate And Burial, Grave Danger, end of Leaving Las Vegas]

The Blue Paint Killer, the Miniature Killer, Dr. Jekyll, Dr. Langston,
High stakes, low blows, giant chickens, big bunnies,
[No More Bets, Fight Night, Deep Fried And Minty Green, ?]

Birds, bees, bears, and bulls.
[Crow's Feet, Go To Hell, Unbearable, Bull]

Bodies up a tree, down a drain, in a can, on a bus,
[Scuba Doobie-Doo, Down The Drain, Precious Metal, Chasing The Bus]

Fingerprints, footprints, bright lights, blue lights, flashlights,
Bug, hugs, thugs, and slugs,
And we’re just getting started.

Yeah, "Nick flies" is definitely a reference to "Stalker", cause he kind of flew out the window when Nigel pushed him. I think "Cath cries" might be in reference to when Warrick died though.

I keep coming back to nitpick about this trailer! :lol: :p

Yeah, "Nick flies" is definitely a reference to "Stalker", cause he kind of flew out the window when Nigel pushed him. I think "Cath cries" might be in reference to when Warrick died though.

Wasn't Catherine in the shower towards the end of "Built to Kill" though? I thought I remember her crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back