Season 10: *Spoiler* Picture Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I never said it bothered me that Greg fans wants him in promo pics. It gets annoying when someone says I said or mean something when that isn't what I wrote. Read the post again.

I'm just giving a reason as to why he may not be in them. I hope he gets to be in the promo pics. Why am I worried about getting 'stoned' is your response, because people will misinterpret what I wrote, which is what happened.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^ I took it to mean that you were saying TPTB don't consider him a main character and therefore don't put him in the pics as often as the others. Which would be true about tptb. But, it annoys me that Ecklie gets to be in them when Greg doesn't when it's Greg's best friend coming back for a visit.

I do think the Greg fans have for the most part been patient (more patient than tptb deserve IMO), but one can only be patient for so long. :lol:

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yep. I agree. Whoever wrote those bios was way off as there is no way Jorja at 5ft 9 would be only 105-that's way, way to thin and Jorja is slim but she's not stick thin, she's got some meat on her bones, which is healthy! Jorja, to her credit, has always had a healthy slimness about her. She looks like she meets the BMI index.

It could very well be that when Dustin took these photos it was early on in the shooting and it may not be a Greg-heavy episode.

And to be fair to speedy guys, we Nick fans are just lucky this year. Dustin and GE are good friends in real life. So it might be why we got lucky this year. They mentioned in a commentary for 'Poppin Tags' they have a lot of interests in common. Dustin is good buds with everyone on the cast, by the way.

In addition, last year at this time it was Grissom, Grissom and the argument could be made he's the star but still.

Keep in mind the season starts in a month and DLA is back in the writers' room at this point so..these photos might be it for now.

Remember, as I learned, pics aren't always indicative to how much screentime a character gets. Maybe Eric was doing other scenes while DLA took the shots. A photo doesn't always tell the whole story of what's happening in a show.

I'm thrilled we're getting Nick photos as this is the first time that's happened and I'm so grateful to DLA for providing these shots. He doesn't have to do this, but he's taking an opportunity to use a new medium to get the word out about the new season. Twitter is a growing phenomenon(sp?) and it's proving to be far more popular than just waiting for official photo ops.

Can we not complain in case he reads this board? He just see this and say to 'heck with you guys' and not bother.

4. GregNickRyanFan

We're not talking about the pics that Dustin twittered... in fact, there was one of those that Greg/Eric was in. And in fact, I stated somewhere that at least Greg/Eric gets some acknowledgment from Dustin. He sure as heck doesn't get it from the producers and whatnot, so I was glad to see that Dustin didn't leave him out. I think Dustin actually tried to get shots of everyone in the cast (thought I don't think there's been one of Hodges yet- but there have been of everyone else). So :thumbsup: to Dustin. :D The pics Dustin twittered are from episode 2 if I recall.

The pics that are being referred to [in the complaints] are the ones from the first ep, the official episode promo pics released by CBS. Dustin didn't take those particular photos. Those particular photos are episode stills I believe.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Maybe any pics with Greg in them shows more than what TPTB want to show in a spoiler. Those 8(?) pics, which I doubt constitute 5 minutes in the actual ep, don't really show anything more than what we already read as spoilers.

Would it be nice to have pics of Greg - Yes. At the same time it would be nice to have some of Brass, Doc Robbins & Hodges (even though I don't really like him) all of whom are also in the opening credits.

As for 'team' promotional photos. I don't think any of those usually ever came out much before mid-season. Don't know why - it only makes sense to put them out in the beginning of the season. :confused:

Susan

6. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Speedy, firstly I wasn't having a go at you or upset with you. But it did sound like you were telling us Greg fans to stop talking about his non-appearance in spoilers and promos. And again, I reiterate...if you felt that your post was going to upset certain fans, then I think you could have sat on it for a while, or re-worded it.

I did read your post again and I stand by my response.

That's funny. I'm not actually complaining. I'm just wishing for more pictures of Greg in the promo pics. As far as I know Dustin has nothing to do with the promo pics, and in fact...as for spoiler pics I thought he said people could 'request' pics. And Marg's fans actually posted on his twitter page that they want more Marg. So.

I'm sticking by my wishes. I'd love to see more of Greg in the promo pics, and yes in spoiler pics too, though I'm glad he made it into at least one!

That's a good thought...I'll keep my fingers crossed you're right! :D

GNRF...this super secret hairdo had better be something else!! :lol:

7. GregNickRyanFan

If it was just a closeup of his face, it wouldn't give away anything... except that secret new hairdo that they're obviously trying to keep from us until Sept. 24th. :lol:

Well, yeah it'd be nice if they were in some too. However, it just feels weird that every single CSI (including a former one) except Greg are in the pics (even Ecklie). :lol:

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think we should also remember that sometimes the 'promo pics' released by the network are not even in the episode. Case in point: Anybody remember the 'happy almost-kiss' from GB&GL? That was the most misleading pic ever. So if Greg isn't in the promo pics, maybe he's busy working the case, with his new hairdo, of course. :lol:

I think we just get anxious to see our favorite character back after a long summer haitus. Of course I'm thrilled about Sara because I didn't think she would even be back. And I'm pretty sure all the characters will have good screen time in the premiere; tptb want to bring all the fans back.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, I'm still wondering where you see that I said I wanted Greg's fans to stop complaining. I'm sorry you took it that way. If I wanted you all to stop complaining then I would have said that, word for word.

Now you say I should have sat on it or reworded it, guess I'm not entitled to my opinion. However, I apparently offended you and I'm sorry. I will edit my previous post as to not upset anyone.

And whether you believe it or not, I hope we get to see some promo pics with Greg in them. He deserves to be in them as much as the other cast does.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think it's a bit remiss as well, Greg is an integral part of the show he's adorable and funny, yet serious when he's out in the field, so hopefully soon. I don't know if this new S/10 cap has been posted already but it's a great shot of 4 of our CSI's:bolian:

SARA MEETING DR. LANGSTON and Nick and Cath all happy;)

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Speedy & egeria, you are both entitled to your opinion and to disagree with those opinions, no one should ask (and I know neither did) someone to stop asking someone to do something, unless there is a good reason for it. What should have happened in this case is that clairification should have been respectfully asked for, if your not sure what the persons intentions, maybe you should make sure that is what is meant, on both sides. Which more times then not would have cleared it all up without alot of fuss and muss. ;)

12. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

^ Read and understood Destiny. :thumbsup:

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Maybe he's working on a case where someone sneaks and mysteriously shaves his head...:eek: and that could be why we don't see Greg pics--it's a surprise for everyone..

Sara's on the case and the show will be called, "Dude Who Shaved My Head!":guffaw:

Sara: Greg, now calm down we'll find out who did this to you?"

Greg sobbing: My hair..my beautiful hair..now I look like Nick

Nick:scream:: And what's wrong with my shaved head!

Greg: Nothing..it just looks so Vanilla Ice!

Sara: Greg, let's get out of here..NOW!

14. GregNickRyanFan

Dude Who Shaved My Head :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: Vanilla Ice :lol:

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Another cap. of Sara in "leather" Can't wait to see her in this new season~nice jacket~

STUNNING