**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know tornadoes can occur anywhere, I grew up in the midwest and we had tornado warnings allllll the time during the Spring. The middle South eastish area is prone to have many as well.......but I just don't ever recall seeing many tornadoes in south Florida
. Anyway, my point is, a tornado would seem kind of weird on Miami......it makes me wonder if the writers were inspired by the country's recent storms? I just hope it"s not TOO outlandish. I like the idea though. Either way it should make for a really good episode.

Agreed. I'm really looking forward to that one. I don't think Miami has had a weather focused episode since 'Bolt Action' in season 8... talk about outlandish (but still a blast to watch).

I believe tornadoes can form in South Florida, but not very often (at least not as often as in Tornado Alley). I would imagine they might form as the result of tropical storms, hurricanes, and even severe thunderstorms if the conditions are right. An example.. Miami-1997, so it's not impossible. :)

Either way, I'm doubting their CGI budget will allow for the viewers to see said tornado but rather just all the wind and rain and some RL news footage, but it's par for the norm and I'm okay with that. :lol: Sounds like a cool episode though, if they don't change it last-minute. Agreed with Rizzoli, I think the extreme weather episodes are really cool, and a great way to open up the story.

Remember this? I wonder how much money it took them to make the wave. :lol:

Either way, that was way back in Season 3 when 20+ million people watched it. I'm sure they have a limited budget now that only around 10 million people watch the show.

Wow! I'm gone for a few days and all heck breaks loose in the spoiler lab! ;) I was really hoping TPTB would give me something good for my birthday this week, but alas, I come back to find that one of my least favorite storylines is coming back...:shifty: If only I could move to California and start writing for this show...:lol:

First off - thanks for the scene from Crime Wave. I became a pretty consistent fan of the show in its second season, but fell in love with it in its third (although they killed off my favorite character at the time - RIP Tim Speedle :( ). That scene from Crime Wave was a good example of something that's not that realistic (and I'm not talking about the CGI ;) ), but it actually WORKS. H carrying a person to safety and looking afraid is AWESOME. It is w/in human capabilities, although it does take a lot of courage and bravery.

Second - I really will not like it if H jumps in the water and saves Nat. It's just impossible, completely, b/c of his condition. I wish TPTB would listen to the fans - I don't think most of them want to see "super H" anymore.:rolleyes:

Third - MARISOL. AGAIN. :wtf: :brickwall:I am SO over this storyline!! Why can't they let this one die and stay buried - like they have with so many other more promising, awesome storylines???? Did anyone ever believe H and Marisol had a real "connection"??? :rolleyes: There was zero chemistry, and it just didn't work - let it go!!!

There are so many other awesome storylines (and characters) that should be focused on, especially if this is the last season. I want more of Kyle, of H's parents, of Ryan, of Nat and yes, even Calleigh b/c I think her character has been limited to stupid drama the last 5 years.

The only way I would buy the Marisol thing is if Eric - who has the REAL connection w/her since she was HIS SISTER for his ENTIRE LIFE - had a "dream" about her. (He was having visions of Speed, why not her too? :lol:) But then, Eric always gets the family drama storylines, so that wouldn't be too original either.

Fourth - About some of us being pessimists - I suppose I'm guilty as charged, but only b/c I want the show to be better, to reach its potential, and I have (probably a misguided and rediculous) thought that posting these things will somehow get to TPTB and maybe affect a little change.

I try to talk about the things I like as well as dislike, but I'm a pretty passionate fan who's been w/the show since day one, and watching it transform the way it did has been a bit painful for me. Particularly, I'm talking about the lack of team spirit with Horatio and the crew.

Fifth - Speaking of team spirit, I'm still hoping for some of that in the premier. For some reason, TPTB think Marisol was the most important person in H's life (ummm...did they forget about Yelina, for example?? :wtf:), and that she alone can sway him or know him (b/c she knew him for a whole three months, don't you know...:lol:). But what about his team??? He's known them for a hell of a lot longer, and seemed to really care about them in the beginning of the show.

My argument has always been that the team started to fall apart once the Marisol storyline came into play. Whoever posted about the vigilante crap, and how Stella or Catherine wouldn't take it, was absolutely right. I believe that the Calleigh of Seasons 1-4 wouldn't take it either (For example, but see the scene in the season 4 ep. "under suspicion," where Calleigh basically called out Horatio about his past after her life was put in danger. See it HERE, go to 16:05). But the writers have completely destroyed any rapport she had w/Horatio. :shifty:

No matter what, it's still true that Calleigh is the second in command, and I think they missed a real opportunity to have some genuine "family drama" within the team and still make it dynamic. I would still like to see her confront him at some point, and maybe have her rally the team after what happened.

Ultimately, I want to see Horatio appreciate his team more, show more affection for his team, and be there for them more as a whole. And I want the team to be able to do the same. Kind of like what they did for Eric in the Season 8 premier. It seems to me right now that H is convinced he is a "one man show" w/little "helper bees" helping him along. There is very little rapport, and even what he does have w/Eric is based on the Marisol thing, which most fans have said was the lamest Miami storyline to date. :rolleyes:

I want a scene like THIS - remember THAT Horatio? The one who wasn't so caught up in his own drama that he couldn't see what was happening to his team??

But on a "positive" note ;) - I will say that I'm excited for the tornado show - I hope Frank has a few of his great sarcastic one-liners about those storm-chasing guys :lol: Also, the cast looks great in all the pics - thanks for posting them, everyone! I think it's so cute that the little boy in the show is getting his picture taken w/just about every cast member - I know I would - way to go, kid! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Furbi mentioned something important in the Season 10 wishlist thread: Kyle needs to come home. Bringing Kyle in for the season premiere instead of Marisol would be fantastic.

I also saw something whilst lurking on the CBS forums that I absolutely do NOT agree with: Kyle taking his father's surname AND becoming a cop. NO. Just no. Think about it: would you force your child to follow in your footsteps, or would you let them decide their own future? Personally, I'd go with the latter. It's their life to live, not yours.

As for the surname thing....frankly, Kyle Harmon has a better ring to it than Kyle Caine...but that's pretty trivial compared to everything else.

....Finally, I still DO NOT agree with bringing in a new romance for Horatio. He and Renee have absolutely NO chemistry. It would be Horatio/Marisol ALL OVER AGAIN. If they do go through with it, though...I will most definitely NOT watch the rest of the season.

...Yes, I know I'm repeating myself, but at this point, I don't care.

I agree about Kyle. I wouldn't want him to become a cop. I would much prefer he work in medicine or something. I mean, he was helping Tara in the morgue and I kind of liked him doing that. I wouldn't mind seeing him return and having Tom take him under his wing. He could be the SuperDave to Tom's Doc Robbins or something LOL. I'd love to see how these two would interact with each other.

Third - MARISOL. AGAIN. :wtf: :brickwall:I am SO over this storyline!! Why can't they let this one die and stay buried - like they have with so many other more promising, awesome storylines???? Did anyone ever believe H and Marisol had a real "connection"??? :rolleyes: There was zero chemistry, and it just didn't work - let it go!!!

She's going to be in the first episode...in flashbacks. Hardly bringing back the entire storyline...

She's going to be in the first episode...in flashbacks. Hardly bringing back the entire storyline...

Technically they are bringing back the storyline. The whole Horatio/Marisol thing was about "how much they loved each other" *gag/splorf* and bringing Marisol back, even if it's just flashbacks, is just the writers once again reminding us of that. Yes, she is only going to be in one episode, but that still counts as a storyline revival.

Technically they are bringing back the storyline. The whole Horatio/Marisol thing was about "how much they loved each other" *gag/splorf* and bringing Marisol back, even if it's just flashbacks, is just the writers once again reminding us of that. Yes, she is only going to be in one episode, but that still counts as a storyline revival.

Yeah, I just hope the scene is brief and not cheesy LOL.

No, they're not bringing the storyline back, that's impossible because she's dead.

I predict it will be just like a couple episodes from Season 9, I think "Happy Birthday" and "Last Stand" where Horatio has flashbacks of her during powerful moments in the episode.

No, they're not bringing the storyline back, that's impossible because she's dead.

I predict it will be just like a couple episodes from Season 9, I think "Happy Birthday" and "Last Stand" where Horatio has flashbacks of her during powerful moments in the episode.

That's why I said "technically." They can't fully bring the storyline back because of the fact that the character is dead. However, the writers want us to believe that Horatio still "loves" her, hence why they keep doing the flashback thing. Hence, it is a storyline revival...just not in the way you would normally expect.

It doesn't sound like it'll be flashbacks in this case though. They said he has a very personnel encounter with her. A flashback wouldn't be an encounter. I think it'll be while he's out of it from being injured, he'll see her urging him to wake up, possibly saying something about how Natalia needs his help. It might be a decent scene if the writers do it correctly. I guess we'll see. :)

I also don't want a lot of Marisol:eek:, but I could accept a short scene of her helping Horatio when he is not thinking to well because of his injuries; helping him to move on with his life and his life's work; and even helping him be open to new love, so that he can be whole again.:)

I remember being worried that Marisol-flashbacks would take over the 200th episode & it wasn't nearly as bad as I initially thought it would be, so I'm going to keep that in mind for the premiere as well. Of course TPTB are going to make a fuss of her "return", but I'm starting to think that's more for hype.

On the 'encounter'. Again, I'm waiting until we actually see it because this is one of those things that might just sound bad on paper but turn out fine on screen. I lean towards the theory that she is a figment of Horatio's imagination more than anything else, & if it's done properly then I think it will be fine.
However, if she follows Horatio around the entire episode like some kind of gaurdian angel - then I will have a problem. :p

I think it'll be while he's out of it from being injured, he'll see her urging him to wake up, possibly saying something about how Natalia needs his help.
I'm hoping she doesn't speak at all. I can handle Horatio seeing her image & all that, but I might have to vomit if they have a cheese-smothered conversation (not to mention all the while my Natalia will be drowning so he better not fart around for too long ;)).

I'd like to think that all she'll do is "appear" to him as a way of saying that Horatio, in a sense, has a choice to make - he can die & be with her, or finally let her go; and him "letting her go" & saving his & Natalia's life instead, is what makes him process/deal with the loss (as O'Brien stated in the article).

~~

I agree with others in that Kyle should come home, but I also don't want to see him become a cop or change his name. There's Drama, & then there's Crime Drama, & personally I don't find it important enough to the show's "story" that he take on the Caine name or follow in Daddy's footsteps. I would like to see him again though. Bring him home & insert him into an episode or two (like in 'Dishonor') -- that works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back